+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

<<< JUNE APPLICANT, 2010>>>

canada4all

Oct 21, 2010
Alexandros said:
Hello everyone,
I need your advice please.
What do you think, Shall I take the exam so that no more time is wasted when (and if) I get my AOR ?
You are right as the IELTS exam cost is very much. But be careful that if you receive AOR and I strongly hope that you will. God always bless those who help others.
What if you receive AOR then you will have to certainly pass the IELTS exam with good bands. IELTS exam is expensive and on the other hand it opens the doors all the world.

However, you should not appear in IELTS exam as it is very expensive. But from the moment right now, you must discipline yourself to work hard to prepare for exams. IELTS is a very tough exam and may take many weeks for preparation. So you should try to study from now so that when you receive AOR then you will be ready to take exam ASAP with success confidence.

navali

May 23, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
haral said:
what i did to tackle was to get an affidavit from the notary declaring all copies were notarized after seeing the originals and the affidavit has his address and other contact details as well.
Thanks haral for your feedback.

So all your documents are notarized and nothing mentioned on them like true copy etc...and no notarization date is mentioned on each document? Right?

And u are covering all this by attaching a separate letter as u mentioned above? right?

Just one more thing. I just checked the documents again... all the notarized documents are also having a stamp of "Attested" along with notary stamps. Will it be suffice to cover "True Copy" ?

Alexandros

Sep 15, 2010
Cairo-Egypt
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canada4all said:
You are right as the IELTS exam cost is very much. But be careful that if you receive AOR and I strongly hope that you will. God always bless those who help others.
What if you receive AOR then you will have to certainly pass the IELTS exam with good bands. IELTS exam is expensive and on the other hand it opens the doors all the world.

However, you should not appear in IELTS exam as it is very expensive. But from the moment right now, you must discipline yourself to work hard to prepare for exams. IELTS is a very tough exam and may take many weeks for preparation. So you should try to study from now so that when you receive AOR then you will be ready to take exam ASAP with success confidence.
Thanks for your reply canada4all,

I already spent many weeks on studying and preparing for the IELTS exam, as I want to hit the highest possible bands.
But the problem with languages in general is that you never feel satisfied enough especially when you compare yourself with native speakers and that's what I always do.
On the one hand I feel somehow ready to appear in IELTS on the other hand I am not confident enough and think that I should spend more time in preparation.

Coffee

Jul 24, 2010
Moscow
Category........
Visa Office......
Moscow
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3-08-2010
AOR Received.
1 Dec 2010
IELTS Request
taken and filed
Med's Request
29 Apr 2012
Med's Done....
15 May 2012
canada4all said:

[/quote]

agree with canada4all, an exam cost me $300 here in Moscow. I found following site very helpful when preparing for the exam:

http://www.dcielts.com/

I also downloaded some text from ESOL Cambridge, these are available on inet, just search via google or other engine. first results are likely to disappoint one, this was mainly due to timing constraint for me. however, as I practiced, my results were improving. my most difficult area was writing, and I scored lowest on that, but still, I can imagine my result without Dominic Cole's blog. it was very informative, precise and structured, I advise anyone to visit it as a nice source of help.

I. T. G.

Star Member
Oct 5, 2010
Alexandros said:
That's wise ITG, When I called the CIO on 20-Oct they told me that my application was just opened the same day and that I should wait for an update within 10 weeks (10 weeks later would be 29-Dec). May be I should pick up a date in between to take the IELTS exam.

Thanks for your advice

When are you going to submit the full documents to the VO ?
I am preparing myself to enter the exam next month (20 NOV). if i get the score, i will be able to submit on the second week of december.

EMO

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-02-2013
Toluwanile said:
Hello everybody,
although this is my first time on this thread, i've been a regular visitor. I submitted my full doc to Accra in june. Pls EMO are you saying it could take next 24months? Because i have not even gotten my 2nd AOR yet. If so, is this a general practice or is it peculiar to Accra alone?
Tolu
Hello Tolu.

As you can observe from this forum that No Accra person had been attended to. However your case may be different. but the person I referred to was from Cairo VO....
Accra is notoriously slow. A few people are getting their visa on record time. but the percentage is low. You can see the Naija forum for details

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
Hi Alexandros: Your decision may depend on what score you require and how close to 67 points you are. If your 67 depends on getting the upper most scores, then writing the test as soon as you are ready takes the pressure off "if" you need to take it again in order to score higher. (Reading your post makes me think you will do well anyway.) Which ever choice you make, the time you spend reading, speaking, or writing English will be a huge benefit to you when you arrive in Canada. Can you get any Canadian radio stations on your internet so you can listen to the pronounciation? Good Luck on your test.

lamhey

Jul 20, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
attention: NewDelhi VO - no. photos requirements:

VO specific instructions say "supply six (6) photos for each member of your family and yourself."

but, What about the "imm0008gen" form, do we ALSO need to stick the photos there?, the form says "Space reserved for ... photo", and doesn't specify either to stick photo or not.

My question is how many in TOTAL of photos do we need to send?? what to do with the form regarding the photos?

thanks for the attention.

cheers
lamhey

jignesh79

Star Member
Sep 14, 2010
Markham
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-08-2010
Med's Request
22-March-2011
LANDED..........
Landed on 10-September-2011
lamhey said:

VO specific instructions say "supply six (6) photos for each member of your family and yourself."

but, What about the "imm0008gen" form, do we ALSO need to stick the photos there?, the form says "Space reserved for ... photo", and doesn't specify either to stick photo or not.

My question is how many in TOTAL of photos do we need to send?? what to do with the form regarding the photos?

cheers
lamhey

Yes you have to stick photo on that form. total 6+1 photographs for each member.

ptv7425

Apr 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
May 2014
lamhey said:

cheers
lamhey
For pre June 26th applications, EG7 says

Photos are not required when you submit your application
to the CIO in Sydney. However, you should still prepare
your photos in case you are recommended for further
assessment at a Canadian Visa Office.
Follow these steps:
Step Action
1 Take the Photo Specifications sheet (found in Appendix B
of the Visa Office specific instructions) to a
photographer.
2 Ask the photographer to provide you with the number of
photos required in Appendix A of the Visa Office specific
instructions for yourself and each family member.
3 On the back of one photo of each person, write the
name of the person in the photo and his or her height
and eye colour.
4 Enclose the photos of each person in an envelope and
seal the envelope.
5 Write your name and date of birth on the outside of the
envelope.
6 If the CIO advises you to submit your application to a
visa office for further assessment, staple the envelope to
your application form. Be careful not to staple or bend
the photos.

and New Delhi VO doc says

PHOTO REQUIREMENTS
Supply six (6) photos for each member of your family and yourself. Follow the
instructions provided in section How to Complete the Forms of the application
guide and in Appendix B: Photo Specifications.
On the back of each photograph, write the name and of birth of the person who
appears in the photo as well as the date the photo was taken.

So it does not say you'll need to affix one photo on the application,put all 6 in an envelope and include it in your full docs.

srid_a

Mar 31, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-06-2010
Med's Request
06-09-2013
Med's Done....
26-09-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
PP Sent: 30-09-2013, DM 02-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2013
LANDED..........
in May/June 2014
Lookup on youtube for some IELTS tutorial kind of videos. I found a tutorial from a middle east instructor on how to handle the listening test (listening and asnwering at the same time) to be very helpful..

Coffee said:
You are right as the IELTS exam cost is very much. But be careful that if you receive AOR and I strongly hope that you will. God always bless agree with canada4all, an exam cost me $300 here in Moscow. I found following site very helpful when preparing for the exam:

http://www.dcielts.com/

I also downloaded some text from ESOL Cambridge, these are available on inet, just search via google or other engine. first results are likely to disappoint one, this was mainly due to timing constraint for me. however, as I practiced, my results were improving. my most difficult area was writing, and I scored lowest on that, but still, I can imagine my result without Dominic Cole's blog. it was very informative, precise and structured, I advise anyone to visit it as a nice source of help.

srid_a

Mar 31, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-06-2010
Med's Request
06-09-2013
Med's Done....
26-09-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
PP Sent: 30-09-2013, DM 02-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2013
LANDED..........
in May/June 2014
This thread is very helpful for those preparing full docs to NewDelhi.
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t53697.0.html;msg431258#msg431258

sheila121

Jul 29, 2010
NOC Code......
7213 and 4121
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
not yet
@ atul.amin

Thank you for your information , GOD bless you.

sohaib

Apr 28, 2010
Lahore
Visa Office......
London, UK
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-06-2010
Doc's Request.
13-10-2010
Nomination.....
18-01-11 (Documents sent to CHC London)
AOR Received.
In Process on 08-05-12
File Transfer...
received 6-12 months letter on 19-05-12
Med's Request
22-07-14
Med's Done....
25-08-2014
Passport Req..
waiting...
LANDED..........
25-06-2015
Steps to get Police Certficate Lahore

1- Write an application addressed to SSP/CPO lahore police for police character certificates. seperate applications for each family member. mention your permanent address as well as current address, cnic, passport numbers.

2- Attested three passport sized photographs for each of the applicant.
Atested pasport copies. CNIC copies of each of the applicant.

If you live more then one addresses in Lahore, then you would need more photographs. [one for each address]

3- Go to SSP office, Kutchery, Lahore

4- Fill form, 1 in URDU and 1 in english.

Time Taken: Maximum 7 days

/Sohaib