+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2024 - Citizenship Applications

Jaxico

Nov 29, 2020
Yes, it is normal. Couple of May applicants got it last week as well (including myself).

You need to provide copies of ALL passports and ALL pages of the passports held within the 5 year eligibility period. If everything checks out your Physical Presence will be marked as completed within 2 business days.

So please go and find your old passport!
Thank you so much! That means that they are working on this.

Reactions: hssrp

Gsingh123$

Mar 23, 2023
Hey, @hssrp , my application only has test complete, June 17 AOR. Do u think it’s worth calling them often and ask about the status? Will this have any adverse effects on the application?

hssrp

Champion Member
Dec 19, 2019
USA
Hey, @hssrp , my application only has test complete, June 17 AOR. Do u think it’s worth calling them often and ask about the status? Will this have any adverse effects on the application?
Well calling them often will neither help the application nor adversely affect it. However, they make a note of every call you make and add it to your file.

When you call next time, ask specifically if your security and criminality is completed and let me know what they say and I will advise you accordingly.

Reactions: Gsingh123$

hssrp

Champion Member
Dec 19, 2019
USA
Just received two emails from IRCC.

Oath scheduled on Sept 24.

But I am planning to reschedule it.
Spreadsheet updated.

You can request to reschedule if you have any unavoidable travel. If possible you can reschedule your travel as sometimes they take longer to give a new oath ceremony date. Few got it within 1 week of return and few are waiting for months.

Greenmaple2020

Jan 21, 2021
Spreadsheet updated.

You can request to reschedule if you have any unavoidable travel. If possible you can reschedule your travel as sometimes they take longer to give a new oath ceremony date. Few got it within 1 week of return and few are waiting for months.
Thank you for the advice. But I've already sent the email to reschedule. lol

I just wasn't sure they will send me a new date or I have to wait for me to come back and email to them?

Reactions: hssrp

hssrp

Champion Member
Dec 19, 2019
USA
Thank you for the advice. But I've already sent the email to reschedule. lol

I just wasn't sure they will send me a new date or I have to wait for me to come back and email to them?
Usually they wait for you to come back and notify them of the return so that they can put you back in the oath scheduling queue. in some rare instances, they also schedule based on the tentative return date you mention.

Greenmaple2020

Jan 21, 2021
My file is also in Niagara Falls Office and test was marked completed on September 6th. Hopefully LPP will be completed soon
If you have met the requirement of Language skills, physical presence days, and didn't do anything bad, lol. You should be able to get the update soon.

Reactions: ckf

AMRITMALHI

Aug 8, 2024
  • Language skills
    In progress
  • Physical presence
    In progress
  • Citizenship test
    Completed
  • Background verification
    In progress
  • Prohibitions
    In progress
  • Citizenship ceremony
    Not started
Application history

• Aug 26, 2024
    Activity status updated: Citizenship test
    Citizenship test
    Citizenship test status has been updated to Completed.

• That’s the last update after that nothing maybe you guys can help me to speed up the process any suggestions?

Greenmaple2020

Jan 21, 2021
Aug 26, 2024
Activity status updated: Citizenship test
Citizenship test
Citizenship test status has been updated to Completed.

• That’s the last update after that nothing maybe you guys can help me to speed up the process any suggestions?
  • Background verification
    In progress

I would say nothing you can do until your background checked.