+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2024 - Citizenship Applications

grationnation

Aug 20, 2024
Citizenship test given today (Aug 25th). Window was Aug 22 to Sept 21.

Showed my PR as proof/ID during the test. It doesn't have signature, I am hoping that isn't a problem at all.
From what I can remember when I did the test, if you used your PR card as ID, you do not need to worry about a signature. You will be fine.

Reactions: Sidedmage3

hssrp

Champion Member
Dec 19, 2019
USA
Citizenship test given today (Aug 25th). Window was Aug 22 to Sept 21.

Showed my PR as proof/ID during the test. It doesn't have signature, I am hoping that isn't a problem at all.
Spreadsheet updated. Using PR card for test is perfectly fine, only if you use other IDs, it need to have signature in them.

Reactions: Sidedmage3

grationnation

Aug 20, 2024
I am wondering if everyone receives FP request?
No, from what I have seen it is either:

• Completely random
  • Someone with the similar details as you have a criminal record and they need to ensure that it is not the same person
From other applications I have seen is that if they requested FP during PR then it will be required since they are destroyed when your application is processed.

usamatk

Star Member
Aug 27, 2014
Got ghost update on Aug 21st. What should I expect next and when?

LPP and Background In progress
24 Aug: status change in tracker
22 Aug: background completed
22 Aug: citizenship test scheduled between August 29th and September 28

waiting for test invite email.

Reactions: hssrp

karthikb_itpro

Star Member
May 26, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
20-11-2019
Doc's Request.
31-10-2019
Nomination.....
30-10-2019
AOR Received.
20-11-2019
IELTS Request
11-05-2019
Med's Request
20-11-2019
Med's Done....
10-12-2019
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
08-12-2020
VISA ISSUED...
18-12-2020
LANDED..........
29-03-2021
Update.

I received e-certificate download instruction today, even though I chose the paper certificate option. I'm okay with either option though.

My Citizenship Ceremony status is still "Not started"
You mean you did not get Citizenship Ceremony invite but still got the e-Cert directly?? Reason behind my question is I am also waiting eagerly for my Citizenship Ceremony, but LPP is still In Progress for almost 2.5 months now!

samn89371

Aug 26, 2024
Stumbled upon this forum. Hope all are doing well. I gave my citizenship test, on 16 Aug 2024 but the tracker account still shows in-progress. Based on quick glance, normal time seems to be 2-5 days for the officer to review the test, so thought to ask whether is there anyone else on the same boat.

TimeLine:
Vancouver office
App Sent: June 02
AOR: June 13
Background Complete: Aug 01
Test Window: Aug 07-Sept 06
Test Given: Aug 16

Reactions: hssrp

hssrp

Champion Member
Dec 19, 2019
USA
You mean you did not get Citizenship Ceremony invite but still got the e-Cert directly?? Reason behind my question is I am also waiting eagerly for my Citizenship Ceremony, but LPP is still In Progress for almost 2.5 months now!
Some officers send the e-certificate instructions a few days before the oath scheduled status on the tracker or the oath invite email, this is perfectly normal. Hope you get your LPP done soon.

Reactions: karthikb_itpro

hssrp

Champion Member
Dec 19, 2019
USA
Stumbled upon this forum. Hope all are doing well. I gave my citizenship test, on 16 Aug 2024 but the tracker account still shows in-progress. Based on quick glance, normal time seems to be 2-5 days for the officer to review the test, so thought to ask whether is there anyone else on the same boat.

TimeLine:
Vancouver office
Added to the spreadsheet. Could you please confirm the city you applied from and your Physical presence days.

xyft7

Jul 16, 2024
I did not get the Citizenship e-certificate, I only received instructions on how to download the e-certificate after the ceremony.

An applicant cannot get the citizenship certificate without going through the ceremony, I should be receiving the ceremony invite anytime from now. From my understanding, you can either receive the citizenship e-certificate download instructions before or after getting the invite...

I hope you get a positive update soon.

hssrp

Champion Member
Dec 19, 2019
USA

TimeLine:
Vancouver office
Don't worry, Vancouver is generally slow in all steps, you should see it marked as completed this week.

Reactions: samn89371