+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2024 - Citizenship Applications

sunilPrashar

Jun 20, 2024
This is not completely correct, here is how it works.

Most fingerprints requests are sent by the Vancouver office (almost 80-85% applicants) irrespective of your local processing office. When they send the request, the fingerprints requests does appear on the tracker and also gets updated when they receive it. The BG gets marked as completed the next day (provided the secuity clearance is already in place).

Recently, (in the past 2 months) few applicants started receiving the FP request from the CPC Sydney office. They DO NOT update the tracker either with the fingerprints sent request or the receipt of FP. They only mark the BG as completed once they receive the Fingerprints report. Maybe it is a new process for them as they just started or they might follow Vancouver and start updating the tracker, only time will tell.

A very tiny number of applicants, from Quebec get the FP request from Montreal office.
Me and my wife both got FP from quebec. Today Wife Background check completed and there is no updates on tracker for FP request receipt.

On my profile its just GU, You know what i could be.

Reactions: hssrp

RomeLondonCollingwood

Star Member
Aug 5, 2018
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
13-08-2018
AOR Received.
03-10-2018
Med's Request
05-10-2018
Med's Done....
15-10-2018
Passport Req..
19-11-2018
VISA ISSUED...
06-12-2018
LANDED..........
23-02-2019
Morning!
Update: Test marked as completed on the tracker as of August 22

hssrp

Champion Member
Dec 19, 2019
USA
Me and my wife both got FP from quebec. Today Wife Background check completed and there is no updates on tracker for FP request receipt.

On my profile its just GU, You know what i could be.
Your security clearance might be still pending.
Spreadsheet updated

sunilPrashar

Jun 20, 2024
Your security clearance might be still pending.
Spreadsheet updated
Hi Hssrp.

i am bit stressed with my situation that my background check not completed along with my wife’s application.

Just want to run through tour mind with below questions, As i bombarded my head by reading lots of blogs which states their background check is in progress since months and years.

1. Does Security Clearance required for all the profiles.
2. Is it normal pattern whats happened with my profiles.
3. What could be the meaning of GU which i got on my profile today

xyft7

Jul 16, 2024
Update.

I received e-certificate download instruction today, even though I chose the paper certificate option. I'm okay with either option though.

My Citizenship Ceremony status is still "Not started"

Last edited:

hssrp

Champion Member
Dec 19, 2019
USA
Update.

I received e-certificate download instruction today, even though I chose the paper certificate option. I'm okay with either option though.

My Citizenship Ceremony status is still "Not started"
Congratulations, the tracker is usually behind by 2 business days so you will see the Ceremony status updated next week with the ceremony dates and will also receive an email invite for the ceremony.

Since you got the e-certificate instructions email, it means your ceremony will be virtual over zoom. Irrespective of what we chose in the application (paper or e-certificate) they decide the ceremony type based on what is available at the earliest.

During in-person ceremonies, by default paper certificates are handed out right away in the ceremony and in virtual ceremonies, e-certificates are issued after the ceremony and can take from 1-5 business days to be available for download. We can request them for our preference of certificate but that will delay the receipt of the certificate in our hands, so the suggestion is to take whichever is being provided by default to avoid any delays :cool:

Reactions: xyft7

atulaks

Jan 8, 2016
Received background completed update on Aug 24, tracker shows it was updated on Aug 22 for both applications. Test window opens on Aug 30.

Greenmaple2020

Jan 21, 2021
It is not 23 August yet, so the test system will not allow you to login (as expected). Please try to login to complete your test anytime after 23rd Aug until 21st Sept.

You can complete the test anytime 24x7 WITHIN the test window for up to 3 times. There is no booking process, you just start the test whenever you are ready during this time.

Hi there,

I just realized what you said. What do you mean 24 * 7 WHTHIN? Did you mean in a week(7 days) to finish it for 3 times?

hssrp

Champion Member
Dec 19, 2019
USA
Hi there,

I just realized what you said. What do you mean 24 * 7 WHTHIN? Did you mean in a week(7 days) to finish it for 3 times?
I meant that WITHIN the test window of 30 days, you can give the test ANYTIME - that is, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for up to 3 times. You have 30 days to finish the test.

grationnation

Aug 20, 2024
Hi Hssrp.

i am bit stressed with my situation that my background check not completed along with my wife’s application.

Just want to run through tour mind with below questions, As i bombarded my head by reading lots of blogs which states their background check is in progress since months and years.

1. Does Security Clearance required for all the profiles.
2. Is it normal pattern whats happened with my profiles.
3. What could be the meaning of GU which i got on my profile today
1. Yes, everyone who applies has a BG check
2. Typically, it all depends on how quick the agencies that the government use reply to them
3. It's likely that ONE part of the BG is complete. For example, Criminality could be passed but SS could be still be in progress and this is why you don't see it being complete. It could also mean that you might see an actual update in a few days.

Sidedmage3

Jun 26, 2024
Citizenship test given today (Aug 25th). Window was Aug 22 to Sept 21.

Showed my PR as proof/ID during the test. It doesn't have signature, I am hoping that isn't a problem at all.