+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2024 - Citizenship Applications

maverick1982

Oct 4, 2018
Applied June 29 and no update since the AOR. Looks like no one in that week has any update after AOR.

Applicants in the first week of July has had test completed too.
Have seen the pattern too. It seems like they assign applications for 3 days for one office then move the applications for next 3 days to another office for load balancing.

hssrp

Champion Member
Dec 19, 2019
USA
Thanks for your help!!! ;)
I haven’t got the letter yet. Should I go online and pay it first?
There is no online payment for Citizenship fingerprints and just to be sure you are aware, the Fingerprints for citizenship are not to be given at Service Canada. These are not the same as the biometrics you do for PR application.

The fingerprints for Citizenship can be done either at
1. RCMP or your local police if they do it in your city. (Most of these need an appointment and they are not immediately available)
2. RCMP accredited fingerprints center. You can find the nearest one using this link - https://rcmp.ca/en/criminal-records/criminal-record-checks/private-fingerprinting-companies-accredited-rcmp

Most of these private centers accept walk-in or appointments are mostly available for same day/next day. You can call ahead and go accordingly. You will pay at the center directly and mostly range between 60 - 90 CAD. Best of luck!

• Love
Reactions: Jaxico

Jaxico

Nov 29, 2020
There is no online payment for Citizenship fingerprints and just to be sure you are aware, the Fingerprints for citizenship are not to be given at Service Canada. These are not the same as the biometrics you do for PR application.

The fingerprints for Citizenship can be done either at
1. RCMP or your local police if they do it in your city. (Most of these need an appointment and they are not immediately available)
2. RCMP accredited fingerprints center. You can find the nearest one using this link - https://rcmp.ca/en/criminal-records/criminal-record-checks/private-fingerprinting-companies-accredited-rcmp

Most of these private centers accept walk-in or appointments are mostly available for same day/next day. You can call ahead and go accordingly. You will pay at the center directly and mostly range between 60 - 90 CAD. Best of luck!
Thank you so much!!!! ;)

Reactions: hssrp

Jaxico

Nov 29, 2020
Type: Online application
Physical Presence Days: 1107
Application: Single/Family(number of family members) : Family - 2
Application sent: June 9th
Delivered: June 9th
AOR: June 27th
Ecas: June 29th
Fingerprints request: Aug 20th
Test window: Aug 30th to Sept 29th

maverick1982

Oct 4, 2018
Type: Online application
Physical Presence Days: 1107
Application: Single/Family(number of family members) : Family - 2
Application sent: June 9th
Delivered: June 9th
AOR: June 27th
Ecas: June 29th
Fingerprints request: Aug 20th
Test window: Aug 30th to Sept 29th
When did you get the test invite (in history) or is there a window for fingerprints?

crystalmet

May 8, 2018
When did you get the test invite (in history) or is there a window for fingerprints?
I have noticed a trend that people who will be receiving a finger print request often get test invite before "background check completed" and barring a few data points, all of them have background check completed next day and lpp completed and decision made within a month of "fingerprints received " update (total application period of 140 day).

ravan

Feb 9, 2020
I have noticed a trend that people who will be receiving a finger print request often get test invite before "background check completed" and barring a few data points, all of them have background check completed next day and lpp completed and decision made within a month of "fingerprints received " update (total application period of 140 day).
This happened to me.. Got my test invite before background check. Where does one see the ""fingerprints received " update? Does it show up in tracker?

crystalmet

May 8, 2018
This happened to me.. Got my test invite before background check. Where does one see the ""fingerprints received " update? Does it show up in tracker?
I am not sure if it shows up on tracker. Maybe it can be answered by members who submitted their fingerprints. The may thread is a good place to ask this question as I see many people submitting their prints

sunilPrashar

Jun 20, 2024
I am not sure if it shows up on tracker. Maybe it can be answered by members who submitted their fingerprints. The may thread is a good place to ask this question as I see many people submitting their prints
I received FP Request, It does not show on tracker till the time IRCC receive results and process those.

Reactions: crystalmet

Sayantan86

Star Member
Sep 18, 2019
This is not completely true. I got my test invite before background. I was also expecting FP request but then after I gave the test, both my test and background was updated to "completed".