+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2024 - Citizenship Applications

h2o_o2_co2

Star Member
May 23, 2019
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Here is how the tracker delay works., (It is 2 business days delay).

IRCC update --> Visible on tracker
Monday --> Wednesday
Tuesday --> Thursday
Wednesday --> Friday
Thursday --> Saturday
Friday --> Tuesday
Hi buddy, this might be a silly question. But by 'visible on tracker' do you mean a ghost update?

maverick1982

Oct 4, 2018
Hi buddy, this might be a silly question. But by 'visible on tracker' do you mean a ghost update?
No question is silly. We are all learning. Visible on tracker is when you see the actual update (two day delay) . The history in the tracker at bottom shows the date the update happened. So the officer may have updated on Monday, but you wont see it till wedensday. When you see the update on wednesday, the history at the bottom still shows Monday as date which we consider actual update date but at the top it shows Wednesdays date. . Ghost update is when just the date changes on the top. But no updates are see in the process or stages.

vinay16

Dec 30, 2018
I have never given figerprint (when I applied for PR, it wasn't a requirement) and my bg check is completed. Will I get a request to give fingerprint?

maverick1982

Oct 4, 2018
I have never given figerprint (when I applied for PR, it wasn't a requirement) and my bg check is completed. Will I get a request to give fingerprint?
I havent given fingerprints either. But i had stayed in US for long. Assuming they have access to it if needed. I think they request randomly or if there is a name match and they want to confirm identity. Will let others clarify

Reactions: hssrp

Oscarsunil

Jan 5, 2021
In last 10 year's if you have given fingerprints for any immigration application including your visitor visa then it should be OK

maverick1982

Oct 4, 2018
In last 10 year's if you have given fingerprints for any immigration application including your visitor visa then it should be OK
You mean within Canada or US too? ?I have never given fingerprints to Canada. For the US i have. And provided US police clearance to Canada

vinay16

Dec 30, 2018
No. I have not given fingerprints for any application ever and my background check is completed. so does it mean that I won't get fingerprint request ?

usamatk

Star Member
Aug 27, 2014
24 Aug: status change in tracker
22 Aug: background completed
22 Aug: citizenship test scheduled between August 29th and September 28

waiting for test invite email.
09 Sept - Test taken

what are trends like for Niagara Falls office? How long until tracker is updated after test ? What would be the ETA for oath ?

Reactions: azade.84 and hssrp

Oscarsunil

Jan 5, 2021
No. I have not given fingerprints for any application ever and my background check is completed. so does it mean that I won't get fingerprint request ?
Most probably yes , you may have to give biometrics, one of my friend went to his local police station for biometrics befor submitting the application of his citizenship and he attached the report with application, and he didn't receive fingerprints request later on .