+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2024 - Citizenship Applications

Gsingh123$

Mar 23, 2023
Here is how the tracker delay works., (It is 2 business days delay).

IRCC update --> Visible on tracker
Monday --> Wednesday
Tuesday --> Thursday
Wednesday --> Friday
Thursday --> Saturday
Friday --> Tuesday
As my test is completed now and it been 3 months for my application, does this mean it is more likely to get Fingerprints/ Interview requested? Or is there still a chance for me to get away without these and get Oath invite. I know its all individual based but just an idea from all the trends you have seen so far.
I have travel plans in mid November and I just came to know that surrendering my current citizenship is a good 3-4 week process and then I will need a visa as well.

Reactions: hssrp

hssrp

Champion Member
Dec 19, 2019
USA
As my test is completed now and it been 3 months for my application, does this mean it is more likely to get Fingerprints/ Interview requested? Or is there still a chance for me to get away without these and get Oath invite. I know its all individual based but just an idea from all the trends you have seen so far.
I have travel plans in mid November and I just came to know that surrendering my current citizenship is a good 3-4 week process and then I will need a visa as well.
Based on the spreadsheet, it looks like your background check is still not completed. This means you have a greater chance of getting a fingerprint request shortly.

As far as surrendering your current citizenship is concerned, yes it takes 4-6 weeks. However, you can apply for e-visa and travel using that. There is no requirement to complete the surrender process to apply for evisa and it is usually approved in less than 48 hours.

Greenmaple2020

Jan 21, 2021
I would say every case is different. All based on your background. And we are not quite sure what is IRCC looking.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gsingh123$

azade.84

Sep 12, 2018
Backgound completed: June 17
test invitation email: Aug 22
test start date: 30 aug
took the test on September 8th. (19/20)
please help updating the tracker.
thanks

maverick1982

Oct 4, 2018
Backgound completed: June 17
test invitation email: Aug 22
test start date: 30 aug
took the test on September 8th. (19/20)
please help updating the tracker.
thanks
Updated. I put test window as Aug 30 - sep 28. Since you didn't mention the end date I put it as sep 28. Correct it if wrong

Reactions: hssrp
Jul 11, 2024
Request for Update :
Test window : 30th Aug to 28 Sept
Test Invite: 22 August
Test appeared: 5th Sept

Please update the tracker.

also please let me know if there is a way to identify the processing center.

thank you.

maverick1982

Oct 4, 2018
Request for Update :

thank you.
Updated. Your background check is not yet done? Didn't see it on tracker. To know your office , check the contact me email in test letter. Don't paste it here but do a Google search. I'm pretty sure others have posted it before and found out which office it was

crystalmet

May 8, 2018
They took 14 days to update mine last month (without any long weekends in-between) so you should see it updated in the next couple days mostly.
Results updated yesterday on the Tracker. Tracker says citizenship test complete on Sept 5. Background not yet completed. Does it mean I will get fingerprint request? or there's no co-relation in these 2 things? thank you

Greenmaple2020

Jan 21, 2021
Request for Update :

thank you.
Hi,

It's on the email title.
When they invite you to take the Citizenship Test. The office info that on the email title, it looked like this "Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada ***** - Niagara Falls - IRCC***(your case number)

Mine was Niagara Falls.

ckf

Jun 27, 2024
Does anybody know if we still recieve fingerprint request even after background check is complete? Just curious

Jul 11, 2024
Updated. Your background check is not yet done? Didn't see it on tracker. To know your office , check the contact me email in test letter. Don't paste it here but do a Google search. I'm pretty sure others have posted it before and found out which office it was
Hi,
my background check details are not update in the Canada Application tracking. i guess it will be updated there once completed.

thank you..