+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2018 AOR - join here

shalij12

Star Member
Mar 26, 2018
I just spoke to the agent, she says the application is still in Sydney and the secondary location is Ottawa so if needed the applications can be sent to different location. The part of my Criminality is cleared and that BGC is still in progress. She says I should hear from them before I complete 6 months of wait. wonder what do I make of all this information. it still does not put mind to rest :confused::confused:

Chef-de-Bureau

Star Member
Jul 26, 2016
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa (?)
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-06-2018
AOR Received.
02-06-2018
I just spoke to the agent, she says the application is still in Sydney and the secondary location is Ottawa so if needed the applications can be sent to different location. The part of my Criminality is cleared and that BGC is still in progress. She says I should hear from them before I complete 6 months of wait. wonder what do I make of all this information. it still does not put mind to rest :confused::confused:
Well, there's still a month, so be patient. Sounds like you're getting closer though!

Ekay-nig

Nov 14, 2018
Naah naah, don't feel anxious! I'm sure its all good...just that some of us get criminality passed and security started in parallel, and some of us are not that lucky...But we'll all get there sooner or later, amen :) Till then, lets all keep each other company in that small ark thats slowly growing bigger - @B. B. @Prashant86_2000 @Afaz77 and maybe now @lavanya31 - are all there to give us hope that its all in line with the norm, and nothing unusual :oops:
Hubby and I have been so anxious about the delay in PPR, we passed the 5 months mark yesterday and still stuck in IP2. This forum has helped with PPR tension I must say!!!
AOR- June 14
Med Passed- June 27th
IP2- November 7th
Golden Email- soonest!

Chef-de-Bureau

Star Member
Jul 26, 2016
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa (?)
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-06-2018
AOR Received.
02-06-2018
Oh yea! My pulse would start racing more after I complete 6 months lol cant imagine will see but definitely hopeful.:cool::p
Yeah, I trying to keep calm, just checking my account daily and my inbox way too often :p I'll start panicking once I still don't have the PPR by start of December. A few weeks to try to relax :D

Reactions: shalij12

Sreecan

Nov 1, 2018
Interesting question @Sreecan! Check this insightful post out, which suggests that Criminality Checks are done by RCMP and Security Checks by CSIS:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/background-check-starts-after-aor-or-ip.561841/#post-6960770

Relevant excerpt:
Last internal information available indicated that the following were done attendant to a successful completeness check:
-- application file opened in GCMS
-- AOR entered and communicated to applicant
-- referral made to RCMP for criminality background check
-- referral made to CSIS for security background check
-- application forwarded to next step in process (in Sydney)

The application thus then proceeds through the process, and the RCMP and CSIS checks are done concurrently (thus as others allude, their results in effect catch up to the application later in the process, typically AFTER the application has been received by the local office).

Beyond that we can only speculate on what further processing takes place in Sydney before the application is transferred/referred to a local office. There are numerous clues from which we can extrapolate a general idea about how this goes. Some details, however, have obviously changed since the large body of internal information a number of us obtained and shared some years ago. (All this is now so securely behind the confidentiality curtain that efforts to obtain similar information now, using the ATI process, tend to fall way short of getting much.)

In any event, it is apparent that the referral for the RCMP and CSIS clearances are made attendant the completeness check and AOR.
Unquote

Hope this post by a VIP Member helps to better understand the process! :)
This info is pure gold.thanks for your effort.brings a very clear view of full process

Reactions: Nishika22