Nishika22

Feb 23, 2018
Mauritius
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
24-06-2018
I have 2 dependents on my applucation and have around 20 +travel lines
Hmmm....wondering IF there is a pattern...@Texture did say he's got no travel history, and yet there's a similar hold up on his account too in terms of criminality passed but security not yet started.
Thanks for sharing your details though :) Helps to know how far each of us are similar in terms of our potential security checks and to at least try to figure out what the hold up is...sigh!

Reactions: Sreecan

lavanya31

Star Member
Jan 28, 2018
Hey @lavanya31
Welcome to our ark! I know its a bummer to get that IP2 update and then to find out that (surprise!) security hasn't even started (ahem :( )
Just hope we get some good news from one of us soon...tough to say what the hold up is eh...
Well, we're all in this together..for better or for worse...so lets keep each other updated, and keep our spirits up :)
True.. Tried to call cic today but no luck. I will update you all if any news from my end.
Feeling bad to see someone from july aor who moved ip2 recently got pprs yesteday and today.
dont understand what stopping them to issue our MUCH AWAITED PPR........

Afaz77

Oct 11, 2018
Gosh! You could be my doppelgänger dude! Im AOR June 24th...same as you!!! Im Med Passed 12 July....again, same as you!!! Then...you guessed it...I'm IP2 26th Oct late night or 27th Oct early morning...SAME AS YOU!!!
But that's where the similarity sadly ends...no ghost visiting my doors yet...though Im desperately hoping for one to come a-calling soon ;) Do keep us updated on your status though :)
And I once again pose the same questions as to our other ark members: How many dependants and what does that travel history look like for you? :)
Haha... even creepier is that based on immitracker info, we reside in the same country , which is my country of origin.

I have 4 dependants and in terms of travel history, mine and wife's passports are heavily loaded, which I also assumed would lengthen the process.

Reactions: Nishika22

Nishika22

Feb 23, 2018
Mauritius
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
24-06-2018
Haha... even creepier is that based on immitracker info, we reside in the same country , which is my country of origin.

I have 4 dependants and in terms of travel history, mine and wife's passports are heavily loaded, which I also assumed would lengthen the process.
Hey!!! You're Mauritian! I'm an Indian residing in Mauritius - as you must've figured out from Immitracker :) So the coincidences continue...you said it, creepy it is! :p
With 4 dependents and heavily loaded passports for you and the wifey, I'm assuming if you still managed to get a ghost update in the morning, its good news for all of us who are assuming no of dependents and an extensive travel history are what's keeping us from moving into security....Keep the good news coming dude :D

Reactions: Afaz77

Sreecan

Nov 1, 2018
Hmmm....wondering IF there is a pattern...@Texture did say he's got no travel history, and yet there's a similar hold up on his account too in terms of criminality passed but security not yet started.
Thanks for sharing your details though :) Helps to know how far each of us are similar in terms of our potential security checks and to at least try to figure out what the hold up is...sigh!
@Nishika22 any idea if the security step linked to eligibility or independent..heard from someone in earlier post that criminality done by rcmp and security done by cbisa

Prashant86_2000

Champion Member
Jun 17, 2018
Bangalore
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-04-2018
AOR Received.
17-06-2018
Naah naah, don't feel anxious! I'm sure its all good...just that some of us get criminality passed and security started in parallel, and some of us are not that lucky...But we'll all get there sooner or later, amen :) Till then, lets all keep each other company in that small ark thats slowly growing bigger - @B. B. @Prashant86_2000 @Afaz77 and maybe now @lavanya31 - are all there to give us hope that its all in line with the norm, and nothing unusual :oops:
Do you know if any of your secondary visa office was in Vegreville?

Nishika22

Feb 23, 2018
Mauritius
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
24-06-2018
@Nishika22 any idea if the security step linked to eligibility or independent..heard from someone in earlier post that criminality done by rcmp and security done by cbisa
Interesting question @Sreecan! Check this insightful post out, which suggests that Criminality Checks are done by RCMP and Security Checks by CSIS:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/background-check-starts-after-aor-or-ip.561841/#post-6960770

Relevant excerpt:
Last internal information available indicated that the following were done attendant to a successful completeness check:
-- application file opened in GCMS
-- AOR entered and communicated to applicant
-- referral made to RCMP for criminality background check
-- referral made to CSIS for security background check
-- application forwarded to next step in process (in Sydney)

The application thus then proceeds through the process, and the RCMP and CSIS checks are done concurrently (thus as others allude, their results in effect catch up to the application later in the process, typically AFTER the application has been received by the local office).

Beyond that we can only speculate on what further processing takes place in Sydney before the application is transferred/referred to a local office. There are numerous clues from which we can extrapolate a general idea about how this goes. Some details, however, have obviously changed since the large body of internal information a number of us obtained and shared some years ago. (All this is now so securely behind the confidentiality curtain that efforts to obtain similar information now, using the ATI process, tend to fall way short of getting much.)

In any event, it is apparent that the referral for the RCMP and CSIS clearances are made attendant the completeness check and AOR.
Unquote

Hope this post by a VIP Member helps to better understand the process! :)

calvinw06

Jun 8, 2015
Hahaha omg what a small world, yeah I’m the one! And yeah I was there with my wife (she’s listed as non accompanying but they still ask for her medicals too) Great to see you here too man! I’ll give it a shot with hangouts then and hopefully find my application approved :) thanks for the info.
Just reading some of your post, have anyone here if Caracas hospital for medical examination is a good hospital go to? My wife and I still waiting for AOR1 right now. But like to prepare her going Caracas for medical examination. My wife at Caracas airport a month ago and it was so bad at the airport. No flights til next morning and not sure who was going mug her and the father in the national airport. Hope someone can let me know. She lives in Margarita Island and I'm from Ottawa.