Queue- August 29, 2016 Waived- November 15, 2016
Passport Req..
November 17, 2016 DM- November 18, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
November 29, 2016
LANDED..........
December 19, 2016
Mrs. Mekeni said:
Correct, got AOR1 but no SA yet. Thank you so much! I'll have him do this today. Your advice is greatly appreciated!
No problem.

My wife and I also needed to update a form (IMM5406). We sent it to SVO via CSE and then mailed it, along with a pile of more relationship proofs to SVO lol.

Mrs. Mekeni

Star Member
Feb 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-06-2016
AOR Received.
22-06-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
23-05-2016
Did you realize your mistake while going through all your paperwork for the nth time while waiting for an update on your application like we did? LOL

Follow up question: did we answer these questions correctly? They're really confusing!

Form IMM5669E
[6]
d) been refused refugee status, an immigrant or permanent resident visa (including a Certificat de selection du Quebec (CSQ) or application to the Provincial Nominee Program) or visitor or temporary resident visa, to Canada or any other country?

ANSWER=Yes

e) been refused admission to, or ordered to leave Canada or any other country?

ANSWER=No

We assumed that question E means refusal at the border. Or does it mean a refused TRV also?

ImABule

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2016
Ottawa, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 25, 2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
March 24, 2016 AOR2 April 15, 2016
File Transfer...
SA April 5, 2016
Med's Done....
February 02, 2016
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
November 29, 2016
LANDED..........
December 19, 2016
Mrs. Mekeni said:
Did you realize your mistake while going through all your paperwork for the nth time while waiting for an update on your application like we did? LOL

Follow up question: did we answer these questions correctly? They're really confusing!

Form IMM5669E
[6]
d) been refused refugee status, an immigrant or permanent resident visa (including a Certificat de selection du Quebec (CSQ) or application to the Provincial Nominee Program) or visitor or temporary resident visa, to Canada or any other country?

ANSWER=Yes

e) been refused admission to, or ordered to leave Canada or any other country?

ANSWER=No

We assumed that question E means refusal at the border. Or does it mean a refused TRV also?
We entered yes for both. Then in the space provided explained that my wife was denied a TRV/Study Permit to Canada after our wedding and that we arent sure if that also means she was refused entry so we also checked that off as yes as well. We also provided the refusal letter just for good measure lol.

We realized our error after reviewing our application lol.

cjg1987

Champion Member
May 2, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
11-11-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
Passport Req..
09-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-01-2015
After I get AOR can I send RPRF to Mississauga Case processing centre?

If yes how to do it? Should I write a letter?

keviann

Jun 26, 2016
hello newbie here!
my husband who is the principal sponsor passed my application.
he is in Vancouver while i am in Philippines.
we had gather all the needed documents and sent it to immigration last June 5.
my husband received an email last June 24 that i need to sign one of the documents.
we comply and pass it last June 28.
until now we are still waiting for the updates.. :(

keviann

Jun 26, 2016
right after we had passed the requested document. how long we should wait again for the next step or update?
what is the next possible thing to do after then?

dyanaralaconsay

Jun 16, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
MVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-08-2016
Good day! Under SPONSORED SPOUSE QUESTION NO. 27 "HAVE YOU AND YOUR SPONSOR LIVE TOGETHER? IF YES, GIVE PERIODS OF COHABITION"

Can you please give me a clearer explanation for this. I get so confused with this one. From the time my husband went home in the Philippines for our marriage, I lived with him until his last day here in the Philippines and that is only for 1 Month and weeks only. Is that going to be answer or what?

ImABule

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2016
Ottawa, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 25, 2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
SA April 5, 2016
Med's Done....
February 02, 2016
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
November 29, 2016
LANDED..........
December 19, 2016
dyanaralaconsay said:
Good day! Under SPONSORED SPOUSE QUESTION NO. 27 "HAVE YOU AND YOUR SPONSOR LIVE TOGETHER? IF YES, GIVE PERIODS OF COHABITION"

Can you please give me a clearer explanation for this. I get so confused with this one. From the time my husband went home in the Philippines for our marriage, I lived with him until his last day here in the Philippines and that is only for 1 Month and weeks only. Is that going to be answer or what?
We answered "yes", and provided all the time we cohabited while I was in Indonesia with my wife. We entered several addresses including hotels and her place.

Mrs. Mekeni

Star Member
Feb 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-06-2016
AOR Received.
22-06-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
23-05-2016
ImABule said:
We entered yes for both. Then in the space provided explained that my wife was denied a TRV/Study Permit to Canada after our wedding and that we arent sure if that also means she was refused entry so we also checked that off as yes as well. We also provided the refusal letter just for good measure lol.

We realized our error after reviewing our application lol.
Thank you thank you thank you! You're a lifesaver! ;D

proudCanadian15

Feb 15, 2016
ImABule said:
You have AOR1 but no SA correct?

If this is the case, have your husband refill and sign the form. Scan it and upload it via case specific enquiry and send it to CPC-M.

This way you have an email record of trying to correct the issue as soon as possible.

Once the file is transferred to Manila, have him send the physical copy to MVO as well as another CSE to MVO through email.

In the cover letter use all the personal information about you and your husband as you have (file number, name, dob, UCI etc) and simply state that you have realized an error in form IMM5669 and you want to correct it.
I just realized, I also missed the same mistake as @Mrs Mekani. My wife was denied a student visa from UK and Canada. Later she got the visa from USA. But we thought in the IMM5669, we only need to mention the visa rejection related to Canada. So we didn't mention that UK visa denial.

However, I am still waiting for AOR1. I guess we have wait for the AOR1 and once there is an application number we can then send further updates. Or is there any other way. Thanks in Advance.

ImABule

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2016
Ottawa, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 25, 2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
SA April 5, 2016
Med's Done....
February 02, 2016
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
November 29, 2016
LANDED..........
December 19, 2016
proudCanadian15 said:
I just realized, I also missed the same mistake as @Mrs Mekani. My wife was denied a student visa from UK and Canada. Later she got the visa from USA. But we thought in the IMM5669, we only need to mention the visa rejection related to Canada. So we didn't mention that UK visa denial.

However, I am still waiting for AOR1. I guess we have wait for the AOR1 and once there is an application number we can then send further updates. Or is there any other way. Thanks in Advance.
Without an application number/UCI it will be impossible for CIC to link your updated form to your application.

It is a common, and costly mistake, a lot of people make.

The question does very clearly read "Canada or any other country"

Good luck!

Mrs. Mekeni

Star Member
Feb 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-06-2016
AOR Received.
22-06-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
23-05-2016
ImABule said:
Without an application number/UCI it will be impossible for CIC to link your updated form to your application.

It is a common, and costly mistake, a lot of people make.

The question does very clearly read "Canada or any other country"

Good luck!
Yikes. I wonder how many people are refused Canadian visas because of this mistake. Just out of curiosity, do they contact other embassies?

I've learned my lesson. I'll be extra careful with paperwork from now on!

ImABule

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2016
Ottawa, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 25, 2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
SA April 5, 2016
Med's Done....
February 02, 2016
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
November 29, 2016
LANDED..........
December 19, 2016
Mrs. Mekeni said:
Yikes. I wonder how many people are refused Canadian visas because of this mistake. Just out of curiosity, do they contact other embassies?

I've learned my lesson. I'll be extra careful with paperwork from now on!
It's not just the refusal that hurts.. Almost, if not all the time they also recieve a ban from applying for another visa for 5 years due to misrepresentation.

They will search for your history in other countries as part of the background check. This means they would usually find out if you've applied/ were refused a visa somewhere else.

It is CSIS who does the SEC/CRIM checks. They correspond with other intelligence agencies abroad.

The key is to realize and correct the mistake before CIC questions you about it. Once the procedural fairness letter is issued, you're pretty much up sh*t creek without a paddle.

Mrs. Mekeni

Star Member
Feb 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-06-2016
AOR Received.
22-06-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
23-05-2016
ImABule said:
It's not just the refusal that hurts.. Almost, if not all the time they also recieve a ban from applying for another visa for 5 years due to misrepresentation.

They will search for your history in other countries as part of the background check. This means they would usually find out if you've applied/ were refused a visa somewhere else.

It is CSIS who does the SEC/CRIM checks. They correspond with other intelligence agencies abroad.

The key is to realize and correct the mistake before CIC questions you about it. Once the procedural fairness letter is issued, you're pretty much up sh*t creek without a paddle.
Wouldn't want to be in sh*t creek. I'll make sure to check everything a few times before hubby sends the case specific enquiry. Again, thank you!