Passport Req..
February 25, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
Soon
DanSlh said:
It's most likely an outearlier.
Also, Manilla office works in a particular way of asking passport at the very beggining of the process.
Altought, I'm happy they are moving faster than last year.
yes Danslh, but its good news though. im praying and hoping that all of us here experience fast process.

squirrelb

Sep 2, 2015
Hi all,

I've posted this in the Sydney Australia VO thread as well, but hoping someone here might also have some helpful information...

My partner is Canadian and we have applied for my PR (destination QC), application received in by CPC-M on 22/6/15 and my partner got his AOR ("...your application to sponsor a member of the family class has been received...") on 25/7/15. We still have not received SA, and on eCAS we are both listed as 'In Process'. No SA yet, by snail mail or email. Medicals were done upfront.

Yesterday, I received my very own AOR advising CIC had received my application for permanent residence, same date as my partner (22/6/15). The email is from the Sydney Australia VO. So my question is, did I just receive AOR2 without us receiving SA yet? I'm completely baffled, eCAS just shows the very basic first steps (application received, acknowledged and processing start date for him; application received and medicals received for me) and we've had no forward progress (other than my new email) in a couple of weeks.

Other posters with similar application dates have already received SA and are well on their way to bigger things, so not sure whether I can/should panic yet...

Anyone have any thoughts or helpful tips?

Many thanks in advance!!

Fsc

Jul 7, 2015
squirrelb said:
Hi all,

I've posted this in the Sydney Australia VO thread as well, but hoping someone here might also have some helpful information...

My partner is Canadian and we have applied for my PR (destination QC), application received in by CPC-M on 22/6/15 and my partner got his AOR ("...your application to sponsor a member of the family class has been received...") on 25/7/15. We still have not received SA, and on eCAS we are both listed as 'In Process'. No SA yet, by snail mail or email. Medicals were done upfront.

Yesterday, I received my very own AOR advising CIC had received my application for permanent residence, same date as my partner (22/6/15). The email is from the Sydney Australia VO. So my question is, did I just receive AOR2 without us receiving SA yet? I'm completely baffled, eCAS just shows the very basic first steps (application received, acknowledged and processing start date for him; application received and medicals received for me) and we've had no forward progress (other than my new email) in a couple of weeks.

Other posters with similar application dates have already received SA and are well on their way to bigger things, so not sure whether I can/should panic yet...

Many thanks in advance!!
Most likely you got your SA but they didn't email you! It also happened with me! I got my AOR2 before my official SA. My hubby called CIC and they confirmed my SA approval!

squirrelb

Sep 2, 2015
Fsc said:
Most likely you got your SA but they didn't email you! It also happened with me! I got my AOR2 before my official SA. My hubby called CIC and they confirmed my SA approval!
So, this email I've received from the Sydney VO is the AOR2? I have had trouble trying to find an example online of what an AOR2 looks like, so if this is it... Yippee! I'm mildly concerned eCAS doesn't reflect any of this, though. No DM, no info regarding file transfer... I have absolutely no experience with this sort of thing, only going by what other users are saying, but maybe this is typical of how it all works.

Thanks for your reply!

Fsc

Jul 7, 2015
Mu ECAS still doesn't show DM as well LOL
But my application is already in São Paulo since August 20.
As I said, they don't necessary make everything in order.
Don't worry too much. If both accounts show in process and you have received an email from your VO Sidney you for sure have your SA and they have stated processing your application in Sidney!

Good luck!

squirrelb

Sep 2, 2015
Fsc said:
Mu ECAS still doesn't show DM as well LOL
But my application is already in São Paulo since August 20.
As I said, they don't necessary make everything in order.
Don't worry too much. If both accounts show in process and you have received an email from your VO Sidney you for sure have your SA and they have stated processing your application in Sidney!

Good luck!
Thanks!! Just checked eCAS again (right before bed!) and I have a new line under my 'In Process':
"We started processing your application on September 1, 2015."

Still no SA or DM status on my partner's side, and no request yet for us to send docs etc to Quebec. It's all out of order, but at least now I'm a bit more certain that my file has been transferred to Sydney VO... Good luck with your own application!

granol

Star Member
Jan 15, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-06-2015
AOR Received.
16-07-2015
File Transfer...
26-08-2015 (SA)
Med's Done....
27-04-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
18-01-2016
squirrelb said:
Hi all,

Many thanks in advance!!
So you are kind of in the same situation as me but I am the sponsor... your spouse live in the province of Quebec so you need to apply for CSQ but for this you need the letter from CIC that's why I think that our eCAS still shows "In Process" for the sponsor... they will change for "Decision Made" only when Quebec will approve your spouse which takes about a month...

I am a 10th of June applicant and I still have both status showing "In Process" and no letter or official confirmation except by phone so I am just waiting for this letter to send our application to Quebec (MICC) so that my wife can get her CSQ which she will need to come to Quebec...

chucky44

Feb 8, 2015
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
30-06-15
AOR Received.
02-08-15
File Transfer...
31-08-15 and Kingston started Process 9-9-15
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
22-04-15
Interview........
11-08-16 and got interview e-mail 07-07-16
Passport Req..
11-08-16
VISA ISSUED...
11-08-16
LANDED..........
22-08-16
squirrelb said:
Thanks!! Just checked eCAS again (right before bed!) and I have a new line under my 'In Process':
"We started processing your application on September 1, 2015."

Still no SA or DM status on my partner's side, and no request yet for us to send docs etc to Quebec. It's all out of order, but at least now I'm a bit more certain that my file has been transferred to Syd7ney VO... Good luck with your own application!
well my wife got her SA via email but no update on the ecas

xabibella

Star Member
Apr 15, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-06-2015
AOR Received.
30-07-2015
File Transfer...
28-08-2015
Med's Done....
15-06-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
29-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
25-04-2016
LANDED..........
01-07-2016
We got an update on the ECAS today. They added a 3rd line on the Permanent Residence Application Status column:

1. We received xxxxx's application for permanent residence on June 25, 2015.
2. We started processing xxxxx's application on September 2, 2015.
3. Medical results have been received.

Both columns are still 'In Process' and we haven't received any email aside from the first AOR but my spouse got the SA confirmation by phone last Monday. How will we know where they sent my application for processing? Also, for updates will they send the mail/emails to my spouse or to myself? or both?

for our timeline:
Application sent: June 25 2015
AOR email: July 30 2015
SA: August 31 2015 (I'm not sure of the exact date but this is the day when my spouse called CIC)

chucky44

Feb 8, 2015
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
30-06-15
AOR Received.
02-08-15
File Transfer...
31-08-15 and Kingston started Process 9-9-15
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
22-04-15
Interview........
11-08-16 and got interview e-mail 07-07-16
Passport Req..
11-08-16
VISA ISSUED...
11-08-16
LANDED..........
22-08-16
norkathompson said:
I see we got it by phone, but we didnt recived nothing yet... you know how long it take have the original?
when I checked my wife email with the confirmation they said they will not send a mail. I got a pdf with all the info. So not sure for others

squirrelb

Sep 2, 2015
granol said:
So you are kind of in the same situation as me but I am the sponsor... your spouse live in the province of Quebec so you need to apply for CSQ but for this you need the letter from CIC that's why I think that our eCAS still shows "In Process" for the sponsor... they will change for "Decision Made" only when Quebec will approve your spouse which takes about a month...

I am a 10th of June applicant and I still have both status showing "In Process" and no letter or official confirmation except by phone so I am just waiting for this letter to send our application to Quebec (MICC) so that my wife can get her CSQ which she will need to come to Quebec...
At what point did you call CIC? I was under the impression that 1) there was no-one to call if you were overseas (we're both currently living in Australia); and 2) they wouldn't speak to you unless you had gone over certain waiting periods etc.

I didn't realise we had to get the SA paperwork before we could apply for CSQ, I thought CPC-M contacted MICC, and then MICC would contact us directly - you'd think if that was the case, the 'proof' would already be there! I have read elsewhere that the VO will start processing your application anyway, they don't wait for MICC, but it can't be completed until you send through the CSQ...

abddayo

Star Member
May 4, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-06-2015
AOR Received.
AOR1: 28-07-2015 AOR2 08-09-2015
File Transfer...
30-08-2015
Med's Done....
12-06-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
20-01-2016
LANDED..........
19-02-2016
squirrelb said:
At what point did you call CIC? I was under the impression that 1) there was no-one to call if you were overseas (we're both currently living in Australia); and 2) they wouldn't speak to you unless you had gone over certain waiting periods etc.

I didn't realise we had to get the SA paperwork before we could apply for CSQ, I thought CPC-M contacted MICC, and then MICC would contact us directly - you'd think if that was the case, the 'proof' would already be there! I have read elsewhere that the VO will start processing your application anyway, they don't wait for MICC, but it can't be completed until you send through the CSQ...
You should only call if you are over the waiting period shown on the website. Its true that you can only call from within Canada. However, I saw on another forum that you are still able to get through to the CIC call centre from outside Canada if you call 001 613 944 4000 and follow the voice prompts. I used Google talk to phone this number and not only did it work but it was also free as Google talk is free to US and Canadian numbers. Hope this helps

neggo

Star Member
May 15, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-06-2015
AOR Received.
17-07-2015
File Transfer...
13-08-2015
Med's Done....
12-05-2015, re-meds 06-2016 (passed)
Passport Req..
25-08-2015 (appendix A), DM 09-01-2017, PPR received in Ottawa 16-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
27-01-2017 CoPR received
I wouldn't worry too much about what eCas may be lacking in terms of application status, as I have found them VERY slow in regards to updating information. Several examples to put your minds at ease:

-Address on eCas was incorrect. They misspelled the name of my city and I e-mailed them requesting for them to fix it. There were still no changes after a month, so I called CIC and they informed me the changes were already done in their system. eCas finally updated with my correct address about a week ago.

-AOR2 e-mail came in, but no changes at all reflected on eCas until a couple weeks after.

-Medicals were done in May but did not have "medicals received" on eCas. This worried me a little bit, so I contacted them and they informed me that the results were received on the 13th of May. So, all good!

Moral of the story? eCas can be EXTREMELY slow, so don't fret if things do not seem like they're progressing. When in doubt, contact them. Call if you can, or e-mail your VO.

ipoo

Jun 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London Visa Office (15-June-2015) File Received at CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-06-2015
Doc's Request.
23-11-2015 & Decision Made on 09/02/2016
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
17-07-2015
IELTS Request
None-Not Required
File Transfer...
24-08-2015
Med's Request
No-Remedical
Med's Done....
02-06-2015 Upfromt
Interview........
Waive
Passport Req..
16-Feb-2016 submitted 22-Feb-2016 PP received on 23-Feb-2016
VISA ISSUED...
22-Mar-2016, PP dispatch 31 March, Call for Collection 01-Apr-2016
LANDED..........
Inn-Sha-Allah soon
Hey guys, today Ecas Changed again..

1.We received xxxxx application for permanent residence on June 15, 2015.
2.We started processing xxxxx application on September 2, 2015.
3.Medical results have been received.

This 2 line has emerged. What do you think its for? is it AOR2?