+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2014 Citizenship Application.

om saif

Dec 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
guys, did you request a shortened name in your citizenship certificate while applying to the citizenship or not? it is question# 3-B

rainsplendid

Feb 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 23, 2009
Doc's Request.
None
IELTS Request
waived
Med's Request
Sep 13, 2010
Med's Done....
Oct 25, 2010 received Nov 16, 2010
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
June 21, 2011
summer2014 said:
I think for June applicants whose applications were received up until June 23nd
have nt got active Ecas should order ATIP reports like Fanboy did.
Then we act accordingly rather than waiting 6 weeks for returned application.
It takes only 6 days to get those reports. I will order one now
Mine was received on June 20. No update yet. (Anyone has the same situation?)
Will wait for one more week and ask for ATIP...
Could someone share the web link where we can request ATIP reports for Citizenship Applications? Thanks.

summer2014

Star Member
Aug 24, 2014
rainsplendid said:
Could someone share the web link where we can request ATIP reports for Citizenship Applications? Thanks.
rainsplendid said:
cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-atip.asp
This is the link

goodman36

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
om saif said:
i am afraid that they consider mistakenly my middle name as a part of my first name. they may think that i have a complicated first name.
I am sure that they know how your name is spelled on your PR card.

My first name is misspelled as well in ECAS. However, this was also the case when I applied to renew my PR Card (the PR Card application status is still there with same misspelled name showing COMPLETE in ECAS). However, when I got my renewal PR Card, the name was spelled correctly.

I am sure, you will get a chance to straighten things out during interview after test.

If you want to shorten your name after Citizenship and you have stated that in the Form, then I am sure that is how it will be. Just bring that to the Agent's attention during interview.

om saif

Dec 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thanks dear, i did not mention in the application that i need my name to be shortened in my citizenship certificate.
goodman36 said:
I am sure that they know how your name is spelled on your PR card.

My first name is misspelled as well in ECAS. However, this was also the case when I applied to renew my PR Card (the PR Card application status is still there with same misspelled name showing COMPLETE in ECAS). However, when I got my renewal PR Card, the name was spelled correctly.

I am sure, you will get a chance to straighten things out during interview after test.

If you want to shorten your name after Citizenship and you have stated that in the Form, then I am sure that is how it will be. Just bring that to the Agent's attention during interview.

rainsplendid

Feb 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 23, 2009
Doc's Request.
None
IELTS Request
waived
Med's Request
Sep 13, 2010
Med's Done....
Oct 25, 2010 received Nov 16, 2010
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
June 21, 2011
summer2014 said:
cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-atip.asp
This is the link
Thanks a lot, summer2014, for your reply.

Goldline

Mar 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rainsplendid said:
same situation

goodman36

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
om saif said:
thanks dear, i did not mention in the application that i need my name to be shortened in my citizenship certificate.
Hm, OK. In that case, a senior member may be able to shed some light. Of course you can always call CIC or speak to the Agent about this during interview.

eltorpe

Star Member
Jan 6, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
According to Canada Post, my application was received by CIC on June 16th. I still can't login to ECAS and there's nothing in the mail yet either. I called CIC today and the agent told me, due to "some incident" (he didn't say what), "some applications" received in June have been marked with a received date that's 6 weeks later. For a June 16th Canada Post delivery, he expects that my application would have been marked with a received date of July 28th so he told me to check again in a month.

Has anyone else heard this from CIC? Any early to mid June 2014 applicants still not be able to access ECAS?

fanboy

Star Member
Aug 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
eltorpe said:
According to Canada Post, my application was received by CIC on June 16th. I still can't login to ECAS and there's nothing in the mail yet either. I called CIC today and the agent told me, due to "some incident" (he didn't say what), "some applications" received in June have been marked with a received date that's 6 weeks later. For a June 16th Canada Post delivery, he expects that my application would have been marked with a received date of July 28th so he told me to check again in a month.

Has anyone else heard this from CIC? Any early to mid June 2014 applicants still not be able to access ECAS?
I was told to wait 6 weeks, too.
I guess it may be because that they received tons of application in May/June, so they had to postpone some to later..
You may want to request ATIP to see if they actually received it.

jrjayl

Oct 6, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
eltorpe said:

they did a horrible job if that's the case.
all our money was meant to improve processing time for all applicants and not to "accidentally" mark a wrong date.

bnkcitizen

Star Member
Aug 13, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jrjayl said:
they did a horrible job if that's the case.
all our money was meant to improve processing time for all applicants and not to "accidentally" mark a wrong date.
It is ok, Mistakes can happen , but they should correct their mistakes by processing the effected application in fast track instead of asking to wait longer.

liberté3001

Jun 30, 2014
eltorpe said:

Im,in,the,similar,case,application,received,by,CIC,13June,
Still,No,Update,right,Now

jcpyeg

Star Member
Jun 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-11-2010
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
13-12-2010
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
28-01-2011
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
02-10-2010
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
16-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
17-03-2011
LANDED..........
26-03-2011
No news on mine, and expect it to be quiet for many months. My Received and In Process lines are both still there. I should be getting my AOR and Discover Canada book in the next couple of weeks (seems to average around one month after eCas becomes active).