+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2014 - CEC applications

mintmocha

May 14, 2015
My status is still "In Process", and three lines for the content. Second line I got in mid August this year, nothing changed afterwards.

1. We received your application for permanent residence on June 23, 2014.
2. We started processing your application on August 11, 2014.
3. Medical results have been received.

hssam

Star Member
Jan 30, 2014
mesumrizvi said:
Congrats on your PPR.. hopefully the rest of us get it soon as well...
on side note.. my friend who also applied mid june got email on 22 Sep to renew passport and on 24th Sep got RPRF..
hopefully end is in sight for all of us.
Hi Mezumrizvi,

Can you please check with your friend when does his passport expire ? Mine is expiring in 5 to 6 months. So is your friend asked to submit the renewed passport ?

hssam

Star Member
Jan 30, 2014
mintmocha said:
My status is still "In Process", and three lines for the content. Second line I got in mid August this year, nothing changed afterwards.

1. We received your application for permanent residence on June 23, 2014.
2. We started processing your application on August 11, 2014.
3. Medical results have been received.
hi many congratulations! !! Were you a first review candidate ?

rackyy55

Aug 18, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Salma456 said:
Hi All,

Just an hour ago we received our Passport request.

Please requesting everyone to go and meet your local MP's with a letter stating your problem.

Here MP's are reachable and most of them are very helpful and responsive.

Hope everyone hears good news soon.

Salma.
Congrats Salma... What kind of letter to present to state the problem, if I meet MP personaly? Did you go with your GCMS Notes?
I am June 02 applicant and no news yet.

I applied GCMS Notes on 27 Aug, but I haven't received it yet. CIC is slow with sending GCMS Notes as well.

june23_app

Star Member
Jun 5, 2015
The last few times we called CIC we were told that our security was in progress and that it was the only outstanding thing. Well, we always thought it was an excuse.

So we wrote to Canadian Security Intelligence Service (which deals with immigration screening) to find out what's going with our security screening. We received a reply today. And what? They have NOT received a request yet to do our security screening.

Immediately, we called CIC to get an update on our file. And were told "Security is still in progress. But because external agencies are responsible for that check, we have no control over timings." So we said it was curious, since CSIS hasn't actually received a request from CIC yet to start our screening. First, there was a very long pause, and then the agent was trying to back paddle saying that it might be with RCMP or that the request might be sent soon. And yet again, we got nowhere with the agent. And we don't really trust that our file will be finalised by the end of October.

Astro.CA

Jan 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-06-2014
AOR Received.
16-07-2014
Med's Request
22-01-2015
Med's Done....
26-01-2015
Passport Req..
09-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
07-03-2016
LANDED..........
31-03-2016
june23_app said:
The last few times we called CIC we were told that our security was in progress and that it was the only outstanding thing. Well, we always thought it was an excuse.

So we wrote to Canadian Security Intelligence Service (which deals with immigration screening) to find out what's going with our security screening. We received a reply today. And what? They have NOT received a request yet to do our security screening.

Immediately, we called CIC to get an update on our file. And were told "Security is still in progress. But because external agencies are responsible for that check, we have no control over timings." So we said it was curious, since CSIS hasn't actually received a request from CIC yet to start our screening. First, there was a very long pause, and then the agent was trying to back paddle saying that it might be with RCMP or that the request might be sent soon. And yet again, we got nowhere with the agent. And we don't really trust that our file will be finalised by the end of October.
Oh man such depressing news so early in the morning, I hope the same doesn't apply to the rest of us...

Canada015

Sep 22, 2015
I want to do PR landing but I don't have US visa. Anyone tried flagpole landing through Windsor/Detroit Ontario?
Thanks in advance

mesumrizvi

Nov 7, 2014
Toronto - Canada
Not submit new passport yet... just provide scanned copies of renewed passport.. they had not received RPRF by then.. so i suggest you also apply for renewal proactively

hssam said:
Hi Mezumrizvi,

Can you please check with your friend when does his passport expire ? Mine is expiring in 5 to 6 months. So is your friend asked to submit the renewed passport ?

Gopi1980

Aug 12, 2015
Hi,

Text: Foss check completed Criminality: No reportable trace, Experience: Ok Employment, Authorization: Ok Passport x 3: Ok to request: Landing fees

These are some of the comment i see in GCMS note, which i requested in 18-07-2015 and got it on 18-08-2015. I did my upfront medical's in June 2015, for which i dont see any update.
Also i paid my RPRF last month based on the request from CIC, but till now i didnt receive any update on PPR.

Could someone comment on this?

Thanks.

saja_roy

Sep 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-06-2014
Doc's Request.
29-01-2015 RCMP certificate
Nomination.....
Not applicable
AOR Received.
28-07-2014
IELTS Request
submitted with application
File Transfer...
11-08-2014
Med's Request
16-07-2015 RPRF Req 20-07-2015
Med's Done....
20-08-2015 ecas updated medical received on 22-04-2016
Interview........
Not applicable
Passport Req..
09-May-2016
VISA ISSUED...
13-May-2016 passport received 30th-May2016
LANDED..........
04-06-2016
Gopi1980 said:
Hi,

Text: Foss check completed Criminality: No reportable trace, Experience: Ok Employment, Authorization: Ok Passport x 3: Ok to request: Landing fees

These are some of the comment i see in GCMS note, which i requested in 18-07-2015 and got it on 18-08-2015. I did my upfront medical's in June 2015, for which i dont see any update.
Also i paid my RPRF last month based on the request from CIC, but till now i didnt receive any update on PPR.

Could someone comment on this?

Thanks.
Dear Gopi,
I might be wrong here but as per my understanding based on the Text it seems
Text: Foss check completed
Criminality: No reportable trace - your criminality is passed,
Experience: Ok Employment - your eligibility passed,
Authorization: Ok- not sure what it is
Passport x 3: Ok - you are requesting for three Visa's could be you,your wife and kid
to request: Landing fees - CIC to send RPRF which you already received.

i think your medical is in process and as soon as that is clear you should get the PPR.

SUDIP SAHA

Jan 18, 2013
I had completed my MR in last week of Feb and my MR got received by CIC in first week of March, 2015. Since then no update. I paid landing fees upfront. Calling them and sending email to them, i just got reply that they are working. Nobody says what exactly they are doing with my file(or anything at all). This is very frustrating. I am losing a lot of job opportunities for not having PR. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

may4ank

Nov 23, 2014
Canada
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
18-11-2020
Doc's Request.
N/A
SUDIP SAHA said:
I had completed my MR in last week of Feb and my MR got received by CIC in first week of March, 2015. Since then no update. I paid landing fees upfront. Calling them and sending email to them, i just got reply that they are working. Nobody says what exactly they are doing with my file(or anything at all). This is very frustrating. I am losing a lot of job opportunities for not having PR. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

whats your timeline ?

mesumrizvi

Nov 7, 2014
Toronto - Canada
It has been over 14 months.. call CIC and ask them details about your application. In particular where is the delay. Ask individually for each important milestones... Eligibility, Criminality, Security, Medical.. etc..

I called agents and they told me all is passed and just one final check to be made to make the decision and send PPR.

Gopi1980 said:
June 30,2014 - CIC received my app
Aug 19th, 2014 - AOR
Aug 14th _ MR
Aug 15th - RPRF