Med's Done....
Jan 3, 2012
Interview........
Oct 4, 2012 9:00am
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
This is the only instance I have heard where the receipt number works....no one else on this forum to my knowledge to date has been able to log on at any time with the receipt number......now having said that maybe once the aor and/or approval is received one could and no one has tried....

Midwest

Star Member
Aug 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-26-2012
File Transfer...
09-12-2012
Med's Done....
06-04-2012
Passport Req..
02-05-2013
KJG said:
This is the only instance I have heard where the receipt number works....no one else on this forum to my knowledge to date has been able to log on at any time with the receipt number......now having said that maybe once the aor and/or approval is received one could and no one has tried....
I was surprised when I saw it working! I tried my sponsor's info for several days before and it didn't work. I read somewhere that you are supposed to use sponsor's info. That's why I tried it. Today I used my info (applicant's) and it worked. ;D Some info is better than nothing. However, we still want to call CIC on Friday.

plee

Apr 3, 2012
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-2012
Receipt number didn't work for me, but I did just receive an AOR via email. Says it was received on 6/25

Not sure why it's moving so slow for us compared to others. Since we have kids, I thought it would be rubber-stamped.

plee

Apr 3, 2012
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-2012
My mistake, the receipt number does work. I had incorrectly used the sponsor's details instead of the sponsoree's.

I didn't think it would work because it didn't when I was checking my children's applications for their proof of citizenship.

Midwest

Star Member
Aug 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-26-2012
File Transfer...
09-12-2012
Med's Done....
06-04-2012
Passport Req..
02-05-2013
plee said:
I did just receive an AOR via email. Says it was received on 6/25

Not sure why it's moving so slow for us compared to others. Since we have kids, I thought it would be rubber-stamped.
Congrats! Great news!
When you use your receipt info to login, does it show that you've been approved as a sponsor?

plee

Apr 3, 2012
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-2012
Midwest said:
Congrats! Great news!
When you use your receipt info to login, does it show that you've been approved as a sponsor?
Unfortunately no. Still just application and medical received.

plee

Apr 3, 2012
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-2012
Anyone with any insight into this? I received this email which seems to indicate from the Sydney office, but I haven't received any other AOR or sponsorship approval notification. When I log into the system using my receipt number it just says application received and medical received.

Does the following email indicate AOR from the visa office or is it a stage 1 AOR? It'd be great if others could compare to their stage 1 AOR emails and let me know if the VO address is usually listed in it.

Thanks all.

This is an automated message. Please DO NOT RESPOND to this message.

Dear XXXX,

This confirms that your application for permanent residence in Canada has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 2012/06/25.

When should I contact CIC?
You must notify CIC of any changes to your application. Examples of changes include:
• Changes in your personal circumstances, such as birth or adoption of a child, a marriage or a divorce
• Change of contact information (e-mail, mailing address, telephone number)
• Appointment or change of immigration representative or designated individual
• Decision to withdraw your application
To notify CIC of changes to your application, visit www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/missions.asp, select the office stated below, and follow the directions for “Case Specific Enquiry.”
When will CIC contact me?
CIC will contact you if we require additional information, documents, or an interview. For general guidance on what to expect, you can visit www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications and consult the “What happens next” section of the instruction guide associated with the application form you used.

How do I check the status of my application?
You may use either the Unique Client Identifier (UCI) or Application Number above to check the status of your application on the CIC website. Please visit www.cic.gc.ca/english and in the “I Need To ...” section on the right-hand side of the page, select “Check application status.”

How long will it take to process my application?
Processing times vary. You can consult the processing times for reference at: www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times
Please be aware that answering e-mails takes time away from processing applications. For this reason, unless your application has exceeded normal processing times, please limit your correspondence to notifying us of changes in your application.

How can I prepare for immigration to Canada?
Please consult the following resources about settlement in Canada:
• For information on language assessment and training, visit www.cic.gc.ca/english/newcomers/before-language-training.asp
• For information on employment, visit www.credentials.gc.ca and www.workingincanada.gc.ca
• For information on housing, education, health, important documents, and other topics, visit www.cic.gc.ca/english/newcomers
We trust that this information concerning your application for permanent residence in Canada is helpful.

Consulate General of Canada
Visa Section
Level 5, Quay West Building
111 Harrington Street
Sydney NSW 2000
Australia
www.australia.gc.ca
www.cic.gc.ca

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

This is an automated message. Please DO NOT RESPOND to this message.
By providing your e-mail address on your application form, you authorized CIC to transmit your file and personal information to this specific e-mail address. Please ensure that this e-mail address is checked regularly. Any e-mails sent to you by CIC will end in “@cic.gc.ca” or “@international.gc.ca.” Please add these to your “safe senders” list in your email program and check the junk mail folder in case important emails get filtered. If CIC is advised that the e-mail address you provided is not functional or no longer exists, we will communicate with you by mail.

Like other forms of communication, e-mail communications may be vulnerable to interception by unauthorized parties. If you do not wish us to communicate with you by e-mail, please notify us at your earliest convenience. In the absence of such notification, your consent is assumed. Should you choose to allow us to communicate by e-mail, we will not take any additional security measures (such as encryption).

The contents of this message may contain confidential and/or privileged subject matter. Any use of this information by anyone other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If this message has been received in error, please contact the sender and delete all copies.

smvi

Jun 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/05/2012
Doc's Request.
10/3/2012
AOR Received.
07/26/2012
File Transfer...
07/31/2012
Med's Done....
05/19/2012
Passport Req..
08/23/2012, In Process 11/5/2012
VISA ISSUED...
Soon........
LANDED..........
Wanna go to Toronto as soon as possible
This is an AOR from Sydney office....
Can u also let us know the email id? bt wht abt yr approval mail? Did u got any approval mail?
n also u told u got the AOR mail from CIC...can u also paste tht here?

plee

Apr 3, 2012
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-2012
smvi said:
This is an AOR from Sydney office....
Can u also let us know the email id? bt wht abt yr approval mail? Did u got any approval mail?
n also u told u got the AOR mail from CIC...can u also paste tht here?
That's why I'm confused. I haven't received any other correspondence from CIC yet. And my online status doesn't even show sponsorship approval yet.

The email address I received it from is:
Do Not Reply - Ne Pas Repondre [Client-update-mise-a-jour@cic.gc.ca]

smvi

Jun 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/05/2012
Doc's Request.
10/3/2012
AOR Received.
07/26/2012
File Transfer...
07/31/2012
Med's Done....
05/19/2012
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Soon........
LANDED..........
plee said:
That's why I'm confused. I haven't received any other correspondence from CIC yet. And my online status doesn't even show sponsorship approval yet.

The email address I received it from is:
Do Not Reply - Ne Pas Repondre [Client-update-mise-a-jour @ cic.gc.ca]
This is the same email id , from whr i have also got the AOR mail.
but the address is of Mississauga .
In yr case , it is from Sydney.
Its confusing...May be u had already gt approval, it might be through snail mail.
Please chk out with the snail mail delivery person.
Hope tht helps............

plee

Apr 3, 2012
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-2012
smvi said:
This is the same email id , from whr i have also got the AOR mail.
but the address is of Mississauga .
In yr case , it is from Sydney.
Its confusing...May be u had already gt approval, it might be through snail mail.
Please chk out with the snail mail delivery person.
Hope tht helps............
thanks for the info. i'll definitely have to ring around to see what's going on.

marcopolocan

Star Member
Jun 22, 2012
Hi Plee,

From the email, I think you have already been approved and its been sent to Sydney. It looks positive. What I would do is send an email to sydney and ask them if your file is there yet? That should clarify the situation.
Cheers

plee

Apr 3, 2012
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-2012
marcopolocan said:
Hi Plee,

From the email, I think you have already been approved and its been sent to Sydney. It looks positive. What I would do is send an email to sydney and ask them if your file is there yet? That should clarify the situation.
Cheers
I just shot them off an email now. Not sure if they'll respond, but fingers crossed...

plee

Apr 3, 2012
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-2012
Sydney office confirmed that sponsorship was approved and that they have received the application. Really strange that I never received any correspondence and ECAS shows it just as stage 1 AOR.

smvi

Jun 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/05/2012
Doc's Request.
10/3/2012
AOR Received.
07/26/2012
File Transfer...
07/31/2012
Med's Done....
05/19/2012
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Soon........
LANDED..........
plee said:
Sydney office confirmed that sponsorship was approved and that they have received the application. Really strange that I never received any correspondence and ECAS shows it just as stage 1 AOR.
Congrats for yr approval..
Firstly i think tht u will be receiving the snail mail. This may took time. Or check with yr delivery person.