+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2024 - Citizenship Application

trackerCan-Cit

Feb 29, 2024
There's a tracker for 2024 applicants that has 330+ users comparing timelines by processing office & application month.
It's mobile-friendly and easy to use. Join here to add yours

Akshaya04

Feb 24, 2022
Hi. I applied for Citizenship on July 12th for my family and me. Received AOR on July 19th, but nothing thereafter. Background check etc. shows as 'In progress'. From the spreadsheet I see several of you have already given the test and I'm worried if there's something wrong with my application since I haven't heard back at all. Is there some way to follow up with IRCC?

dazzlingdia2020

Star Member
Sep 20, 2020
My tracker just got updated with the date of Aug 30 (the page got updated today though) with test window of Sept 13-Oct 12. That's exactly 6 weeks after AOR!

Besides the Discovery Canada PDF, are there any other resources aka practice tests I can use?
HI, I see the same test window in my tracker :) I had applied from Mississauga. got AOR on 16th July. have the same question :) Guys, please share more resources to prep besides discover canada

Reactions: canadaman1st

Jakiewuyi

Star Member
Jan 20, 2022
Hi. I applied for Citizenship on July 12th for my family and me. Received AOR on July 19th, but nothing thereafter. Background check etc. shows as 'In progress'. From the spreadsheet I see several of you have already given the test and I'm worried if there's something wrong with my application since I haven't heard back at all. Is there some way to follow up with IRCC?
I am in the same situation. Does anyone know or have an idea of when the test date will be communicated by IRCC. I submitted my application in July 18 2024, received the acknowledgment in July 29 and haven’t gotten any update from IRCC.

TKR72

Dec 14, 2021
I am in the same situation. Does anyone know or have an idea of when the test date will be communicated by IRCC. I submitted my application in July 18 2024, received the acknowledgment in July 29 and haven’t gotten any update from IRCC.
I am also in same situation and don't receive anything update after 24 july below is my detail
App Type : Single
Physical Presence Days :1371
App Sent Date : July 11
App Delivered Date : July 11
AOR Date : July 22
Tracking Link Date : July 24
rest everything is in progress

Reactions: hssrp

hssrp

Champion Member
Dec 19, 2019
USA
I am also in same situation and don't receive anything update after 24 july below is my detail
App Type : Single
Physical Presence Days :1371
App Sent Date : July 11
App Delivered Date : July 11
AOR Date : July 22
Tracking Link Date : July 24
rest everything is in progress
Added to the spreadsheet

Reactions: TKR72

canadaman1st

Dec 31, 2020
Nothing is wrong,I have same date and AOR with you

Reactions: Jakiewuyi

Jaymin007

Oct 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
How long does it takes to update online tracker once you gave your test. I gave my test over last long weekend. Still no update. Anyone on same boat?

101samisha

Aug 1, 2024
I think it's normal, so we shouldn't be worried. I'm also in the same boat as you guys. I received my AOR on August 1st, and after that, nothing.

sonusweetie

Star Member
Apr 1, 2021
Adding more updates for my application.

Type: Online application
Physical Presence Days: 1099.5
Application: Solo (Status is married but filed for self, spouse had applied for spousal PR based on my PR)
Application Submitted: July 5
AOR: July 15
Tracker updated with Citizenship test window: Aug 30, still waiting for test invite email
BG Complete: Sept 5

Interesting to note which many others waiting may find useful - like @hssrp had said earlier in this thread, there is typically a silence of 6-8 weeks after AOR before you hear anything new. My test update has happened after exactly 6 weeks. I've also observed that the number of applications from Toronto/GTA is typically way, way, higher than most other locations, which probably explains why their for AOR or citizenship etc is longer than others.

Hope this helps and wish me good luck! (Ugh I hate studying, lol)

hssrp

Champion Member
Dec 19, 2019
USA
Adding more updates for my application.

Type: Online application
Physical Presence Days: 1099.5
Application: Solo (Status is married but filed for self, spouse had applied for spousal PR based on my PR)
Application Submitted: July 5
AOR: July 15
Tracker updated with Citizenship test window: Aug 30, still waiting for test invite email
BG Complete: Sept 5

Interesting to note which many others waiting may find useful - like @hssrp had said earlier in this thread, there is typically a silence of 6-8 weeks after AOR before you hear anything new. My test update has happened after exactly 6 weeks. I've also observed that the number of applications from Toronto/GTA is typically way, way, higher than most other locations, which probably explains why their for AOR or citizenship etc is longer than others.

Hope this helps and wish me good luck! (Ugh I hate studying, lol)
Congratulations and good luck with your test.

Reactions: sonusweetie

karandash

Sep 11, 2021
Update:
Background Verification Complete: September 3, 2024

Citizenship Application Type: Online
Applicant: Single
Physical Presence Days: 1104
Application Sent: July 31, 2024
Application Delivered: July 31, 2024
AOR Date: August 12, 2024
IP/Linked to the tracker: August 14, 2024