+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2024 - Citizenship Application

dazzlingdia2020

Star Member
Sep 20, 2020
HI, is it okay to use mobile hotspot for the citizenship test to ensure the wifi doesnt get interrupted? Also, I am confused about how to get the webcam to take a picture of the id at the time of exam

Reactions: hssrp

hssrp

Champion Member
Dec 19, 2019
USA
Both adults in our family application have taken the citizenship test, one on 2 September, the other on 4 September. The first was updated on 7 September as complete on 5 September. The second has not yet been updated. Will share full timeline when it is done.
The test Window was 14 August to 13 September.
Spreadsheet updated.

tubelip

Sep 5, 2023
How common is it for citizenship applications to receive Residence Questionnaire (RQ)?
Wanted to get an idea of how common it is. Does it happen all the time or on pretty isolated cases?

Sunnyjohal@1997

Sep 15, 2018
Hi everyone
I applied for Citizenship via online system
Applied on July 24th 2024 but no AOR yet
I called the IRCC and spoke to the agent, I gave them my UCI number and payment receipt number.
They cannot find my application in the system but they did find the payment receipt in the system.
In my Portal it just states submitted but no AOR and IRCC agent cannot find the application in the system. The IRCC agent has reached out to the processing office for some update
Not sure what to do now
Anyone in the same boat as me?
Or anyone with some advise ?

rockstarcg90

Star Member
Dec 6, 2022
Hi everyone
I applied for Citizenship via online system
Applied on July 24th 2024 but no AOR yet
I called the IRCC and spoke to the agent, I gave them my UCI number and payment receipt number.
They cannot find my application in the system but they did find the payment receipt in the system.
In my Portal it just states submitted but no AOR and IRCC agent cannot find the application in the system. The IRCC agent has reached out to the processing office for some update
Not sure what to do now
Anyone in the same boat as me?
Or anyone with some advise ?
I faced a similar situation for my daughter's application. After calling them couple of times every two weeks interval. Finally they asked me to resubmit the application with same receipt and got AOR in three weeks. So, I would suggest calling them after a week or so and ask them if you would need to resubmit the application. If they suggest so, then go ahead and submit the application with same payment receipt. But just double check with them before doing so.

auroragk

Apr 11, 2020
Spouse's test also updated today as completed on 6 September.

Here's the complete timeline so far.

Type: Online application
Physical Presence Days: 1221
Application: Family of 4 (2 adults 2 kids)
Application Sent: 19-July-2024
Delivered: 19-July-2024
AOR: 26-July-2024

IP: 30-July-2024
Background - 9-August-2024
Language - In progress
Physical Presence - In progress
Prohibitions - In progress
Citizenship Test - email 12 August 2024
Test Window.. 14/8 to 13/9
Test taken:
Wife on 2/9. Completed 5/9
Husband 4/9. Completed 6/9
Ceremony - Not started

Processing Centre.. Niagara Falls

Reactions: hssrp and bk0020

auroragk

Apr 11, 2020
The application timeline that I post about is for my daughter, son-in-law and my two grandsons. They are hard pressed for time so I have been entrusted with the task of keeping track of their application's progress.

Reactions: hssrp