+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2024 - Citizenship Application

bk0020

Mar 7, 2024
Got 2nd ghost update today.

Test dates updated on portal- between 20th Sep to 19th October. Received test invite email too.
BG still in progress.

Is SCRRN Scarborough office?

Last edited:
Reactions: hssrp

yyls

Jul 7, 2024
same as @agarden0 , mine is also a Vancouver application and got ghost update Sep. 12

Type: Online application
Physical Presence Days: 1099
Application: Single
Application Sent: July 7th
Delivered: July 7th
AOR: July 16th
IP: July 18th
GU1: September 12th [NEW UPDATE]

Reactions: hssrp and agarden0

bk0020

Mar 7, 2024
Do we need a guarantor for the passport application? Does he/she has to be Canadian citizen only?
Can someone please guide here. At what stage of the citizenship application would you need a guarantor. Also please confirm if they have to visit in person with you to sign at Service Ontario/service.

I personally don't know any Canadian citizen. So i was wondering whom to ask for signing it if required.

Appreciate it.

Reactions: hssrp

hssrp

Champion Member
Dec 19, 2019
USA
same as @agarden0 , mine is also a Vancouver application and got ghost update Sep. 12

Type: Online application
Physical Presence Days: 1099
Application: Single
Application Sent: July 7th
Delivered: July 7th
AOR: July 16th
IP: July 18th
GU1: September 12th [NEW UPDATE]
Spreadsheet updated

Cayman

Dec 12, 2021
Do we need a guarantor for the passport application? Does he/she has to be Canadian citizen only?
Can someone please guide here. At what stage of the citizenship application would you need a guarantor. Also please confirm if they have to visit in person with you to sign at Service Ontario/service.

I personally don't know any Canadian citizen. So i was wondering whom to ask for signing it if required.

Appreciate it.
In my personal knowledge, you only need guarantor for the passport application, not for citizenship. The guarantor doesn't have to show in person with you, only need to sign the passport application. He or she has to be a canadian citizen, and has a canadian passport. I think if you dont know any canadian citizen (but keep in mind, your family doctor, superintendent etc can be a guarantor) you need to pay for a notary public. Someone correct me if I missed something

Reactions: bk0020

hssrp

Champion Member
Dec 19, 2019
USA

Appreciate it.
You would need a guarantor while you apply for the passport after you complete the citizenship application, after you get the citizenship certificate in hand.

The guarantor needs to be a Canadian citizen and should know you for at least 2 years. He has to give his personal info, passport details and sign your application form, photos etc., but doe not have to accompany you to Service Canada or Passport office.

In addition, you would also need 2 references who also know you for more than 2 years but they don't have to be citizens.

More details can be found here - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-passports/travel-documents-references-guarantors.html