+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2024 - Citizenship Application

ayeshasultana2171

Star Member
Jul 16, 2017
Unfortunately, I haven't come across anyone in the past few months with this kind of issue. It is better to call IRCC so that they resolve the testing duplication on their side and also send an email to the Niagara office. The test window most likely got invalidated when it was duplicated by the Windsor office.

The test link remain the same, irrespective of the office or when they send them so accessing from one or the other email will not make a difference. It is on the test server, which thinks that your test window is still not open so not letting you login. Hope one of the office resolves it for you in the test server.

Below is the test link, which is a common / generic link sent by all offices.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/citizenship-test/online.html

This is the link to sign-in to the test server during the test window.
https://ct-tc.apps.cic.gc.ca/?lang=en
IDK what to say now hssrp .. I just randomly tried to login while cooking and it worked . Surprisingly it worked .. I scored 19 out of 20 . OMG .. Thank you so much for the reply though ..

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: tuhadapeo and hssrp

hssrp

Champion Member
Dec 19, 2019
USA
IDK what to say now hssrp .. I just randomly tried to login while cooking and it worked . Surprisingly it worked .. I scored 19 out of 20 . OMG .. Thank you so much for the reply though ..
Congratulations, all's well that ends well.

Looks like multiple offices are competing with each other to send you test invite, hope they keep up the competition for the next stages as well :)

NMahmood

Jul 31, 2024
Canada
Hi,
Good morning,
I tried new incognito window and it works and my wife now created a link with IRCC Application Tracker,

Thanks again for your help!

Reactions: hssrp

bhavin24

Star Member
Jul 14, 2013
Ottawa
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
App. Filed.......
07-03-2019
Doc's Request.
17-04-2019
AOR Received.
16-06-2019
Med's Done....
23-07-2019
If you had used a representative/consultant in the past for ANY immigration related application, then your verification code is going to him/her. If they are still approachable, please connect with them to get the verification code. You can then register in the tracker and would never need their help again. This is a bug in IRCC system.
Hi, I reached out to the representative I used during my study permit. They mentioned they always use the student's email address in the file for communication from IRCC. Also, they assured me that they had not received any verification codes for my citizenship application tracker. Any advice?

hssrp

Champion Member
Dec 19, 2019
USA
Hi, I reached out to the representative I used during my study permit. They mentioned they always use the student's email address in the file for communication from IRCC. Also, they assured me that they had not received any verification codes for my citizenship application tracker. Any advice?
Do you go past the registration page, enter application/UCI number and then it shows you verification screen with your partially hidden email ID? If yes, and you do not get the code in your email (including spam) then it is definitely going to your representative. Did you use any other rep for yourself or your dependents? I have had this issue resolved for at least 15-20 people in the April/May groups and EVERYONE had the same issue, the rep was getting the code though it shows your email.

If you are not even reaching the verification code step, then try a different browser and type the numbers manually, it doesn't work well with copy paste.

Reactions: bhavin24

lachy_

Star Member
May 5, 2017
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
24-11-2016
Passport Req..
4--5-2017
LANDED..........
28-06-2017
Background Completed - August 12 ( Myself)
Test Date: August 8

hssrp

Champion Member
Dec 19, 2019
USA
Background Completed - August 12 ( Myself)
Test Date: August 8
Spreadsheet updated, I have updated the FP received date as 1 business day before BG completed as per standard IRCC practice. Since you would have received the FP request from Sydney office, they have a habit of not updating FP received date in the tracker :)

Reactions: lachy_

Rakaviya

Oct 6, 2018
Hi Everyone

I had submitted the application for me and wife on July 31. And got the Acknowledgement of Receipt mail on Aug 12, but our application status is not yet updated to reflect the AOR , is this delay expected and is it anything to worry about ?

hssrp

Champion Member
Dec 19, 2019
USA
Hi Everyone

I had submitted the application for me and wife on July 31. And got the Acknowledgement of Receipt mail on Aug 12, but our application status is not yet updated to reflect the AOR , is this delay expected and is it anything to worry about ?
The portal where you submitted the application will stay like this forever. For tracking the rest of the progress you need to register in the IRCC tracker. You can do that after 48-72 hours from AOR date.

https://tracker-suivi.apps.cic.gc.ca/en/register

hssrp

Champion Member
Dec 19, 2019
USA
Type: Online application
Physical Presence Days: 1096
Application: Single
Application Sent: July 12
Delivered:July 12
AOR:July 19

Nothing after that… anyone else in same situation?
Added to spreadsheet. This is normal, the first 6-8 weeks after AOR is usually silent for most applicants.