+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2023 outland spouse sponsorship

zaynwithay

Mar 29, 2024
For me i sent them a webform 2 times and they replied my second one saying "the processing time is 13 months and you applied on 26th july so be patient and wait". And they said they wont reply to my webform until my application is 1 year old. And they said my application is with immigration officer as he is done with it there will be an update on the application as to whatever he updates with. And i myself am stuck with eligiblity and background being in process.

My cousin and a friend both applied after me and they both recieved pre arrival and then copr and then passport request. One after the other, in a time span of 1 month. And this is after their eligibility and background was checked simply 1 day.

The difference i could note between them and my application was that 1st of all they both sponsored their wives and here my wife is sponsoring me. So the applicants were female not male. I dont know if it makes a difference I am trying to find more data to compare and make an idea i dont know if it even makes sesne, though an agent i seeked counselling from told me each application is unique and it doesnt matter male or female.

2ndly there is a difference that i applied for a TRV way before i applied for spousal and i got rejected. They said i didnt have sufficient funds and they were not convinced that i would return back to my country.

Anyhow, if this does not work... until 26th of August. Where my 13 months will end as they said that is the processing time... I am plannjng to apply for TRV with AOR and actually keep a good amount in my bank and show that to them that bro i have money i have everything lemme go... lol.

Anyways, it is tiring! It is very tiring. I am tired! Of staying apart from my son and my wife. The worst part is... there is no guarantee there is no fixed date there is no end of the road... we are behind a truck on a path, cant see whats ahead!

ruqhat

Feb 28, 2024
For me i sent them a webform 2 times and they replied my second one saying "the processing time is 13 months and you applied on 26th july so be patient and wait". And they said they wont reply to my webform until my application is 1 year old. And they said my application is with immigration officer as he is done with it there will be an update on the application as to whatever he updates with. And i myself am stuck with eligiblity and background being in process.

My cousin and a friend both applied after me and they both recieved pre arrival and then copr and then passport request. One after the other, in a time span of 1 month. And this is after their eligibility and background was checked simply 1 day.

The difference i could note between them and my application was that 1st of all they both sponsored their wives and here my wife is sponsoring me. So the applicants were female not male. I dont know if it makes a difference I am trying to find more data to compare and make an idea i dont know if it even makes sesne, though an agent i seeked counselling from told me each application is unique and it doesnt matter male or female.

2ndly there is a difference that i applied for a TRV way before i applied for spousal and i got rejected. They said i didnt have sufficient funds and they were not convinced that i would return back to my country.

Anyhow, if this does not work... until 26th of August. Where my 13 months will end as they said that is the processing time... I am plannjng to apply for TRV with AOR and actually keep a good amount in my bank and show that to them that bro i have money i have everything lemme go... lol.

Anyways, it is tiring! It is very tiring. I am tired! Of staying apart from my son and my wife. The worst part is... there is no guarantee there is no fixed date there is no end of the road... we are behind a truck on a path, cant see whats ahead!
Man I can feel you. This is the same for me. But in my case my husband is sponsoring me.

ruqhat

Feb 28, 2024
There are September applicants who are finished with the process. I don't why are we still stuck on bcg and eligibility

barney.c

Jan 29, 2024
What is the date you applied on?
Oh dear. I applied on 26 June as well. VO Manila. The last update I got was in December. I emailed the visa office, they said that they cannot see beyond what is also available on the tracker.

We sent a webform just once (yet) and there's no reply.

Requested for GCMS notes. No reply as well.

Asked for help from the MP. We were told it's beyond their scope.

We feel like grasping in the dark. I haven't seen my husband in a year. I have stopped using social media because it's already painful to see other families getting together and we're stuck celebrating all the big holidays in video call.

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
@zaynwithay and everyone.
First of all, please everyone relax.

CIC does not work in any logical way. There is lot of randomness. Auditor General of Canada has said this in 2023 audit of CIC. Processing of applications is not done in any chronological order. She admonished CIC... Nothing has changed.

So please don't try to over analyze this. You'll only stress yourself.

Also, I have stopped comparing processing time with when you applied with other's application date. There are December 2023 applicants who got Passport request, while April, May and June are still waiting. Some earlier ones are also from 2022.

Most frustrating is that this happens mostly with London visa office applicants and few others like Dares Salam. I wish I could suggest something. Like, speak ( or scream) at our MPs to raise this issue with CIC or write email to Marc Miller ....who is busy eliminating back ground check for international students and temp visa holders, while keeping spousal applications in limbo under never ending back ground check ..

Try to find logic there....I have stopped trying.

TRVs, for spousal applicants, have been an interesting case as well. Firstly, we all started printing and referencing the May 2023 Family reunification announcement...as some sort of Holy Grail that will force the officer to stamp the TRV..For some it was issued like a breeze. Some who got refused, thought it's AOR that needs to be submitted along with TRV. Still those who got refused, were told (by applicants), perhaps your $5-10k fund was not enough... While others with $1-5k were getting it. In this process, I was told by no other than MPs office, that you need sponsorship eligibility....ok we got that as well...now what??
Well now, it's the Johnny boy in cic who needs to run the background check and issue clearance. But Johnny is busy eating donuts...or...oh no, just spilled coffee on your application... Wait a min, didn't we apply online?? Yeah well, they like to print and process everything in paper...it just eliminates any chances of error....and sometimes eliminates the file itself....all good..we have back up in the computer. But you'll have to wait for your turn. Johnny will first finish another paper file, then reprint your application.... That's why you see Sep and December applications getting PPR before June and July.. There's always a method to madness!

CIC is random by design....& the design is meant to delay and cool down your expectations from Canada... Just like it's weather.

So pls, chill and relax. You'll hear good news any day.

Last edited:

Noorulabdeen

Star Member
Aug 19, 2023
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London, Uk
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-07-2023
AOR Received.
27-09-2023
Med's Request
11-12-2023
Med's Done....
26-12-2023
Passport Req..
17-05-2024
VISA ISSUED...
27-05-2024
LANDED..........
18-06-2024
Landed on June 18, 2024.

hope4new

Jun 21, 2024
Category........
FAM
i just got file number May 2024 (outland spousal. (philippines) approved undertaking of support June 21 2024.there is a part in the letter it will be forwarded to a visa office for further processing. my question is where is that VO office and what is the next requested communication from ircc to me? thank you guys im hoping for some honest answers from anyone had idea.. god bless

nyantaro19

Star Member
Feb 7, 2024
Category........
Other
i just got file number May 2024 (outland spousal. (philippines) approved undertaking of support June 21 2024.there is a part in the letter it will be forwarded to a visa office for further processing. my question is where is that VO office and what is the next requested communication from ircc to me? thank you guys im hoping for some honest answers from anyone had idea.. god bless
Wrong thread. I'm assuming you forward it to Manila VO. I was also from the Philippines but never had to forward anything to VOs.