+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>JULY 2020 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

Holy Cow

Jun 26, 2020
In the month of July , CA Government prioritized Work permits , LMIA for certain NOC codes associated with Medical background and others. Wondering if similar directions are for PR processing as well ? (For particular NOC codes) . If anyone in this group has this information please share it with me.

shomaro

Jan 6, 2020
In the month of July , CA Government prioritized Work permits , LMIA for certain NOC codes associated with Medical background and others. Wondering if similar directions are for PR processing as well ? (For particular NOC codes) . If anyone in this group has this information please share it with me.
That's (a very nice) overthinking :cool:

Reactions: Batabata

Kaimo

Aug 20, 2020
Hello, has anyone in Winnipeg MB gotten a biometrics call from service Canada? If so what’s your AOR please

Tiffyc88

Star Member
Apr 2, 2020
**Update:

Medicals Passed & BIL received on August 27, 2020
RCMP requested as well
AOR- July 3rd

Hello, I received a ‘ghost update’ with the status ‘Application/profile updated’ on Oct. 16... checked and everything looked the same. On October 17, I checked my account and the status was ‘submitted’ but then my biometrics changed from ‘we need your fingerprints.....’ to ‘completed - Oct.17....
PS. I am exempted from giving biometrics, as the previous one done in 2017 was valid...Anyone had that update?

sunnyavril

Star Member
Aug 30, 2020
Guys I need some advise, I am outland applicant.
I got biometrics request, but I have given it last year for my visitor visa ,so should I need to give it again.
Also in my profile I can see the biometrics number has shown,but the status for biometrics shows that

Biometrics
  • We have not received your fingerprints. Check your biometrics request message below for details.
What should I do in this case.
you should if you still can ...despite of the exemption. New biometrics record will be faster as the rest are being exempt and waiting in line from March on

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon

1) Does security begin immediately after eligibility is passed, or can it take some time to begin?

Eligibility PASSED, Criminality PASSED, Medicals - PASSED
Not all application go to CBSA / CSIS for security. It will depend on a case by case basis. If your application has to be sent to partner agencies, such as CSIS / CBSA etc. then it usually happened right after the eligibility is passed. If your application is one which does not need to be sent to CBSA / CSIS, it will show security as not started, and the security will be done during final review.

In some cases, even when the eligibility has passed, the security may not be initiated even though the application mandates security screening by CBSA / CSIS etc., which is usually due to administrative delay.

In conclusion there is no specific answer to your questions as it depends on a case by case basis.

To read how the security screening happens and the security screening manual, see https://bit.ly/2TbnnbK

Reactions: Angel1113

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Hi @legalfalcon & @caipsnotes

1) Does security begin immediately after eligibility is passed, or can it take some time to begin?

Eligibility PASSED, Criminality PASSED, Medicals - PASSED
Hi there. The short answer is that if security screening from CBSA/CSIS is requested it can vary if it starts right away or otherwise. Your Gcms Notes may show Security as blank (redacted) if it's underway or completed or it may show that it's in progress as in this example.

You can also review the online version of the CBSA security screening manual at https://cbsa-screening-manual.gcmsnotes.com/?page=1