+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2014 Citizenship Applications

Empirical-Scientist

Jun 4, 2012
wanabecanadian said:
im planning to sign my application 30 July and send it out same day or next day.. 31 July.. by when would they receive it? I have to make a short trit to states mid August... Do you think the 4 years time frame used in the residence calculaor ends on the sign of application or my absense after sending my application be considered and lead to loss of days?
Suppose they receive it on Monday, August 4. They will send you the guide, but it would probably take 2-3 months before they start processing your application. So until then you could plan for a short trip. Remember: you need to maintain residence status before as well as during your citizenship application.

Empirical-Scientist

Jun 4, 2012
wanabecanadian said:
if it takes 2-3 months to start processing the application, do you suggest not to leave the country in that time frame?
You could leave the country, but I'm not sure how it would look during the interview. Not sure what to say -- anybody who's done some traveling right after submitting an application...?

venkyshanky23

Aug 8, 2009
Empirical-Scientist said:
Good luck! Make sure to read and re-read the guide as well as the instructions on each question on the application forms. They can get quite tricky :).
hello ES
If I had 2nd job during last 4 years should we mention , reason I don't rember the dated .

Empirical-Scientist

Jun 4, 2012
venkyshanky23 said:
hello ES
If I had 2nd job during last 4 years should we mention , reason I don't rember the dated .
You don't remember the dates?! I'd advise you do some research and find the dates (it only requires month-year) and declare it -- do not hide information...

northernlights

May 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 22 2014
Nomination.....
NR
AOR Received.
July 22 2014
IELTS Request
NR
File Transfer...
Aug 06 2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Feb 2014
I Sent my Application in Mid june ...but after 2 days i noticed that i forgot to sign the application....I re did the application on 30th june, with fresh online calculator. with 1350 days. and wrote the letter of apology for not signing my previous letter and asked to return my old unsigned application and consider this new one.....

Regarding my photographs, I got them clicked in India, without date stamp...but on its back i wrote by hand the date taken, my name and address of photographer?

any ideas and thoughts...

Empirical-Scientist

Jun 4, 2012
northernlights said:
I Sent my Application in Mid june ...but after 2 days i noticed that i forgot to sign the application....I re did the application on 30th june, with fresh online calculator. with 1350 days. and wrote the letter of apology for not signing my previous letter and asked to return my old unsigned application and consider this new one.....

Regarding my photographs, I got them clicked in India, without date stamp...but on its back i wrote by hand the date taken, my name and address of photographer?

any ideas and thoughts...
They are stricter nowadays and want to see the stamp and date, as well as your name printed on the back (by printed I mean handwritten, capital letters). If not for the signature, they will probably return your application for this. I hope not -- I hope it gets reviewed by some rational agent...

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
signature is a way bigger problem than photo without printed name.
cuz if its family applicaition, it helps to identify each applicants, especially kids
i

IRCANADA

Star Member
Jul 7, 2014
Windsor,ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have just sent my application on July the 4th. Best of luck to everyone applying for their citizenship....

thepolestar

Star Member
May 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Question related to Link certificate.

My wife has link benchmark of 6 which is above the required benchmark of 4.

She finished her link classes in 2009. So the worry is " Is there any expiry on the link benchmark ? or not? If there is such an expiry to Link score what is the time frame?

Incidentally, she passed her benchmark in the time between January 2008 to October 2012 hence she doesn't have any certificate but we managed to get a letter from the link center saying that she passed the benchmark.

Can anyone shed light on this situation?

wanabecanadian

Star Member
Mar 18, 2011
Anyone have any experience with this?

You could leave the country, but I'm not sure how it would look during the interview. Not sure what to say -- anybody who's done some traveling right after submitting an application...?

katie26

Star Member
Apr 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16/05/2014
Doc's Request.
PFPR paid upfront
AOR Received.
27/06/2014
IELTS Request
submitted with the application
Med's Request
23/12/2014
Med's Done....
30/12/2014
Passport Req..
25/03/2015
LANDED..........
16/04/2015
Suppose you apply today, July 3, 2014. The time window they will consider is your presence since July 3, 2010. If you became a PR on July 3 2012, then every day from July 3, 2010 to July 3, 2012 counts as have day of presence, i.e. one year. The rest, counts as full, i.e. 2 years. Thus, if you never left Canada, you would technically be eligible to send your application on July 4, 2014 with 1096 days of physical presence (as well as basic residence).
Thank you for the detailed explanation :)
It looks like I will not be eligible to apply for citizenship until being a permanent resident for 2 years.. :(

Goldline

Mar 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
katie26 said:
Thank you for the detailed explanation :)
It looks like I will not be eligible to apply for citizenship until being a permanent resident for 2 years.. :(
Correct. At least 2 years as permanent resident. The remaining 365 days can be accumulated before becoming PR, 1/2 day for every day spent in Canada so you need 365 x2 pre PR time.

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys, pls join the following google Doc so we can all track progress
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aqi6FPDNYK_xdGplaHhxWFhVQkxFTjB5LUZ2anU2clE&usp=drive_web#gid=0