Med's Done....
15-03-16
VISA ISSUED...
04-02-2016
LANDED..........
05-06-2016
UoW111 said:
Welcome to the forum!

Yes, you should be able to apply for Bridge Open Work Permit (BOWP) if you meet the conditions.

There was another requirement set recently that the Eligibility of your PR application must be set to 'Passed' in CIC's computer database program i.e. GCMS.
Please contact CIC and check with them if your eligibility is passed or not. You can also apply for GCMS notes or copy of your PR file to check the same. There are plenty of posts and threads on this forum describing how to order these notes.

I won't recommend to apply for BOWP until your eligibility is passed or your current permit expires within 30 days. This will buy you some more time.

Most of the left over July 2014 applicants have started getting passport requests including myself. I know it's very frustrating to wait.

In regards to your passport, I'm not sure. I guess it depends on how soon you can get your passport renewed. If you get an email from CIC requesting your passport, you have to provide within 30 days.

Feel free to ask questions, people are very friendly and helpful here. Good luck!
I was in the same situation, post grad work permit and passport both were about to expire. Unfortunately CIC call center staff gave the wrong information, I was told to submit my application for PR and once it was received by CIC I should apply for the bridging Visa, what they failed to mention was I had to wait for AOR and also apparently a pass status. (wish I had known about this forum back then).

Anyway, you will need a valid passport in order to qualify for a bridging visa, I might be able to help you with that. I got my new passport issued from the British Embassy in Toronto, if you call you country embassy and explain the situation they will make an appointment to see you. I was seen the same day as I needed an emergency passport to leave Canada immediately because I didn't want to over stay my visa and possibly jeopardize my PR application. Essentially they issued a special passport that was valid for one flight valid from Toronto Pearson to Manchester on a specific date, but they also arranged my full replacement passport but that took 3 days for them to arrange so they forwarded it to me in the UK.

canadamaple

Jan 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014
AOR Received.
23-01-2015
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront, RPRF Upfront
Mikee21 said:
I was in the same situation, post grad work permit and passport both were about to expire. Unfortunately CIC call center staff gave the wrong information, I was told to submit my application for PR and once it was received by CIC I should apply for the bridging Visa, what they failed to mention was I had to wait for AOR and also apparently a pass status. (wish I had known about this forum back then).

Anyway, you will need a valid passport in order to qualify for a bridging visa, I might be able to help you with that. I got my new passport issued from the British Embassy in Toronto, if you call you country embassy and explain the situation they will make an appointment to see you. I was seen the same day as I needed an emergency passport to leave Canada immediately because I didn't want to over stay my visa and possibly jeopardize my PR application. Essentially they issued a special passport that was valid for one flight valid from Toronto Pearson to Manchester on a specific date, but they also arranged my full replacement passport but that took 3 days for them to arrange so they forwarded it to me in the UK.
Hi Mikee21. Sep applicant here. My partner and I also moved to the UK because we did not want to overstay our visa. Do you know if the our file gets transferred to Europe (London or Paris)? Thanks.

canadacec1234

Star Member
Oct 21, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
2172-2174
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-Aug-2014
Doc's Request.
22-Jan-2016 (PCC)
AOR Received.
12-Dec-2014
Med's Request
21-Jan-2016
Med's Done....
29-Jan-2016 Med's Rec'd....: 08-Feb-2016 RPRF Request.: 25-Feb-2016 RPRF Paid......: 25-Feb-2016
Passport Req..
02-Mar-2016 Passport Rec'd: 21-Mar-2016
VISA ISSUED...
07-Mar-2016
LANDED..........
25-Mar-2016
Mikee21 said:

"Eligibilty set to passed in GCMS" criteria applies only to Express Entry/PNP etc and does not apply to old cec apps prior to 2015. They only need your AOR.

Mikee21

Star Member
Jan 7, 2016
Beverley
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
5241/4021
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2014
AOR Received.
27-10-2014
IELTS Request
upfront
Med's Request
09-03-16
Med's Done....
15-03-16
VISA ISSUED...
04-02-2016
LANDED..........
05-06-2016
canadamaple said:
Hi Mikee21. Sep applicant here. My partner and I also moved to the UK because we did not want to overstay our visa. Do you know if the our file gets transferred to Europe (London or Paris)? Thanks.
It should still be in Ottawa, I knew mine was been processed in Ottawa but when I looked up online how to email CIC for information it said you have to email the CIC office in your own country, so I did that, ya know following CIC's instructions and all. They emailed me back saying your case is processed in Ottawa email them.

24april

Mar 5, 2015
canadacec1234 said:
"Eligibilty set to passed in GCMS" criteria applies only to Express Entry/PNP etc and does not apply to old cec apps prior to 2015. They only need your AOR.
Hi, is it the correct information that you have??? Because i am april 2014 applicant and my bowp got rejected cos my eligibility is still in process

hopefulexpat

Jan 6, 2016
24april said:
Hi, is it the correct information that you have??? Because i am april 2014 applicant and my bowp got rejected cos my eligibility is still in process
Hi there, do you mind me asking if it was your first or second application for BOWP. Thanks in advance.

Pearl1

Mar 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
24april said:
was it specified in the rejection letter ?

24april

Mar 5, 2015
hopefulexpat said:
Hi there, do you mind me asking if it was your first or second application for BOWP. Thanks in advance.
It was the first time i applied for bowp previously i had a post graduate open work permit

canadacec1234

Star Member
Oct 21, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
2172-2174
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-Aug-2014
Doc's Request.
22-Jan-2016 (PCC)
AOR Received.
12-Dec-2014
Med's Request
21-Jan-2016
Med's Done....
29-Jan-2016 Med's Rec'd....: 08-Feb-2016 RPRF Request.: 25-Feb-2016 RPRF Paid......: 25-Feb-2016
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
07-Mar-2016
LANDED..........
25-Mar-2016
24april said:
I am sure I have the correct information as I spoke to my Lawyer as well as CIC representatives.

However, I am wondering when did you apply for BOWP and when was it rejected? Because rules have been changed only after December 2015. At the current slow pace, not sure how CIC rejected you within 1.5 month as the processing times are 4 months and up since last year.

Anyhow, there are other factors that also cause the rejection. If you are sure that you have the AOR on hand and qualified for BOWP, you have right to appeal at court and get your BOWP through Cout.

hopefulexpat

Jan 6, 2016
24april said:
It was the first time i applied for bowp previously i had a post graduate open work permit
Thanks for the response and sorry to hear that your BOWP was rejected. I wonder if the situation is different for applicants who already got approved for BOWP and applied for their second one.

Good luck for the rest of your application.

hopefulexpat

Jan 6, 2016
canadacec1234 said:
I am sure I have the correct information as I spoke to my Lawyer as well as CIC representatives.

However, I am wondering when did you apply for BOWP and when was it rejected? Because rules have been changed only after December 2015. At the current slow pace, not sure how CIC rejected you within 1.5 month as the processing times are 4 months and up since last year.

Anyhow, there are other factors that also cause the rejection. If you are sure that you have the AOR on hand and qualified for BOWP, you have right to appeal at court and get your BOWP through Cout.
Have you been successful applying for BOWP? I am currently awaiting results from my second one. Fingers crossed.

24april

Mar 5, 2015
canadacec1234 said:

I applied on septemper 3rd 2015 and got a rejection letter on december 18 2015

Pearl1

Mar 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
24april said:
I applied on septemper 3rd 2015 and got a rejection letter on december 18 2015
do you mind sharing your rejection letter here (of course remove the confidential info) ?

some people have been approved in the past few days (i have seen one member approved on 7th jan)

canadacec1234

Star Member
Oct 21, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
2172-2174
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-Aug-2014
Doc's Request.
22-Jan-2016 (PCC)
AOR Received.
12-Dec-2014
Med's Request
21-Jan-2016
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
07-Mar-2016
LANDED..........
25-Mar-2016
hopefulexpat said:
Have you been successful applying for BOWP? I am currently awaiting results from my second one. Fingers crossed.
I have not applied for my second BOWP yet as my first one still has 4+months.

When did you apply?