July - 2014 Applications

UoW111

Aug 19, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canadacec1234 said:
"Eligibilty set to passed in GCMS" criteria applies only to Express Entry/PNP etc and does not apply to old cec apps prior to 2015. They only need your AOR.
As per CIC's website:
<b>
Paper APR: determining if a positive eligibility decision has been made</b>

If the paper APR under one of the qualifying economic classes was submitted by mail prior to January 1, 2015, or was submitted outside of the Express Entry system, it must have a positive eligibility assessment in order for the foreign national to be eligible for a BOWP.

The positive eligibility assessment is considered to be made once the status of the Eligibility field in GCMS is set to “Passed” (or “Met” for FSWC applications submitted prior to January 1, 2015)<b> and</b> an Acknowledgment of Receipt letter or email has been sent to the applicant.

Applicants applying for a BOWP must include a copy of their Acknowledgment of Receipt letter with their open work permit application.

Link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/work/prov/bridging.asp

canadacec1234

Star Member
Oct 21, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
2172-2174
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-Aug-2014
Doc's Request.
22-Jan-2016 (PCC)
AOR Received.
12-Dec-2014
Med's Request
21-Jan-2016
Med's Done....
29-Jan-2016 Med's Rec'd....: 08-Feb-2016 RPRF Request.: 25-Feb-2016 RPRF Paid......: 25-Feb-2016
Passport Req..
02-Mar-2016 Passport Rec'd: 21-Mar-2016
VISA ISSUED...
07-Mar-2016
LANDED..........
25-Mar-2016
UoW111 said:
As per CIC's website:
<b>
Paper APR: determining if a positive eligibility decision has been made</b>

If the paper APR under one of the qualifying economic classes was submitted by mail prior to January 1, 2015, or was submitted outside of the Express Entry system, it must have a positive eligibility assessment in order for the foreign national to be eligible for a BOWP.

The positive eligibility assessment is considered to be made once the status of the Eligibility field in GCMS is set to “Passed” (or “Met” for FSWC applications submitted prior to January 1, 2015)<b> and</b> an Acknowledgment of Receipt letter or email has been sent to the applicant.

Applicants applying for a BOWP must include a copy of their Acknowledgment of Receipt letter with their open work permit application.

Link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/work/prov/bridging.asp
I understand, but people getting their BOWPS approved even though they do not have the eligibility set to passed in GCMS. However, there are cases where BOWP's are being rejected. At this point, you have no option other than applying for BOWP in good faith with what you have.

ushiee88

Aug 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
does any july applicant know anythign about this?

received an email from cic asking for background form..pcc and passport. what is confusing is that they say please reply to this email and provide these documents and at the same time they say want original documents. how can i provide my passport and original pcc via email lol .. also is asking ofr passport normal before they have sent me a medical request/??

please let me know if anyone went through this.

thanks

Evski

Jan 19, 2016
Hi guys!
I just have a few questions regards BOWP. I applied in July 2014 and still no answer from CIC ... so I'm thinking to apply for the BOWP. I belive you can apply within 4 month before the expiration date of your work permit (in my case post-grad). I live and work in Toronto ... and my question is can I still work and be in canada even though and let's assume I applied but didn't get the BOWP permit before the post grad expiration date ? Or I have to get it before the expiration date in order to continue working in canada?

My other question is maybe you know maybe not but how many of you got the PR or what's your progress? My last update from CIC is Medical results received.

Thank you for your help!

UoW111

Aug 19, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ushiee88 said:
does any july applicant know anythign about this?

received an email from cic asking for background form..pcc and passport. what is confusing is that they say please reply to this email and provide these documents and at the same time they say want original documents. how can i provide my passport and original pcc via email lol .. also is asking ofr passport normal before they have sent me a medical request/??

please let me know if anyone went through this.

thanks
I would check with CIC call center first and send them a electronic copy of the requested documents via email. Also ask them in the email to advise you if original documents are required.

As our applications are paper based, they always wanted original PCC. But these day under express entry, they are requesting scanned copies.

UoW111

Aug 19, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Evski said:
Hi guys!
I just have a few questions regards BOWP. I applied in July 2014 and still no answer from CIC ... so I'm thinking to apply for the BOWP. I belive you can apply within 4 month before the expiration date of your work permit (in my case post-grad). I live and work in Toronto ... and my question is can I still work and be in canada even though and let's assume I applied but didn't get the BOWP permit before the post grad expiration date ? Or I have to get it before the expiration date in order to continue working in canada?

My other question is maybe you know maybe not but how many of you got the PR or what's your progress? My last update from CIC is Medical results received.

Thank you for your help!
Hi and welcome to the forum! Another new member had very similar queries in regards to BOWP. Please see my response to them below:

UoW111 said:
Welcome to the forum!

Yes, you should be able to apply for Bridge Open Work Permit (BOWP) if you meet the conditions. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/permit/extend/permanent.asp

There was another requirement set recently that the Eligibility of your PR application must be set to 'Passed' in CIC's computer database program i.e. GCMS. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/work/prov/bridging.asp

Please contact CIC and check with them if your eligibility is passed or not. You can also apply for GCMS notes or copy of your PR file to check the same. There are plenty of posts and threads on this forum describing how to order these notes. Link to apply: https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/

I won't recommend to apply for BOWP until your eligibility is passed or your current permit expires within 30 days. This will buy you some more time.

Most of the left over July 2014 applicants have started getting passport requests including myself. I know it's very frustrating to wait.

Feel free to ask questions, people are very friendly and helpful here. Good luck!
If for any reason, your application for BOWP is declined and there is still time left on your current PGWP, you can continue to live and work until your PGWP expires.

You must apply for BOWP to continue to live and work in Canada before your PGWP expires. But until the decision is made on your BOWP, you can continue to live and work under implied status even after your PGWP expires.

torcan14

Star Member
Jan 18, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/08/2014
AOR Received.
17/10/2014
Med's Request
19/03/2016
Hi July PR Aspirants,

Please those that are on second review can you put your timelines on "cec2014-second-review-timeline-gather-here" to keep track.

Thanks

torcan14

Star Member
Jan 18, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/08/2014
AOR Received.
17/10/2014
Med's Request
19/03/2016
Hi Guys,

It seems that only July second review are remaining for MR?

veaunz

Star Member
Mar 14, 2015
guys have some query for seniors or those who encountered the same situation, just got my gcms notes I'm a bit dissapointed coz after 4 months since my last gcms notes there's no changes with my file except for date updated on dec2015 but I've noticed there's a new note at the bottom part that says under text: "BF 30 days" does anybody knows what is that mean? does anyone encountered the same note? appreciate your help. thanks

tw

Star Member
Jul 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-Jul-2014
AOR Received.
12-Sep-2014
Med's Request
19-Mar-2015
Med's Done....
21-Mar-2015 (RPRF Paid Upfront: 3-Apr-2015, Med's Reassessment Request: 29-Jan-2016, Med's Reassessment Done: 1-Feb-2016)
Passport Req..
19-Feb-2016 (Passport Sent to Delhi VFS: 22-Feb-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
26-Feb-2016
LANDED..........
18-May-2016
Received a Request for Additional Information email today..... asking for PCC of a country that was mentioned in Education section under Schedule A.... replied explaining that it is not required due to the program conducted on distance learning model (never visited or lived in that country)!

Hoping they trigger the PPR now coz the good sign is that they've re-looked at my file. ::)

24april

Mar 5, 2015
veaunz said:
guys have some query for seniors or those who encountered the same situation, just got my gcms notes I'm a bit dissapointed coz after 4 months since my last gcms notes there's no changes with my file except for date updated on dec2015 but I've noticed there's a new note at the bottom part that says under text: "BF 30 days" does anybody knows what is that mean? does anyone encountered the same note? appreciate your help. thanks
My recent notes also says "BF 30 days" i think that its a reminder for them to look at our file after 30 days. But my file has already passed that date and I have not heard anything from cic

cecpet

Oct 14, 2014
So Finally After 18 months And After AOR I have got request for RCMP criminal record check. :( (Did anyone got this ?)

Also this e-mail seems very different that I did not heard it before, it says " I need to send this report directly to RCMP National Headquarters in Ottawa and do not send to us (Means CIC)" .. !!

Now what I am expecting and why they asked me again ? I have submitted everything with my application even RCMP report. And since 3 years I am in Canada Just visited back home for one month and 2 times to US.

Can anyone please suggest why they asked again and what I am expecting after this ?

Would appreciate.

veaunz

Star Member
Mar 14, 2015
24april said:
My recent notes also says "BF 30 days" i think that its a reminder for them to look at our file after 30 days. But my file has already passed that date and I have not heard anything from cic
thanks atleast i know now that its probably a standard memo like a due date that they always been ignoring. thanks

j.lynnbrant1987

Dec 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2014
Doc's Request.
11-19-2015
AOR Received.
07-28-2014
Med's Done....
Feb 6 2015
Passport Req..
Visa Exempt - Decision Made: 02/09/2016
veaunz said:
thanks atleast i know now that its probably a standard memo like a due date that they always been ignoring. thanks
I believe this means it was forwarded to a different officer.