Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
COPR received in mail 11-02-2016
ushiee88 said:
\

did they specifically ask you or you sent it on your own. as they just emailed me to ask for the rcmp one.
When did you get asked for the RCMP one?

ushiee88

Aug 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LFB72 said:
I sent it myself when I did the application ... I used a lawyer/representative and they asked for it as part of the package. I would imagine if they haven't asked for it by now - it's not needed?
hope so.. lol

also on your home country certificate was it just mentioned that you stayed there from when you were 18 till you left for canada or from birth to present.

LFB72

Star Member
May 21, 2015
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2014
AOR Received.
08-08-2014
File Transfer...
29-08-2014
Med's Request
20-02-2015
Med's Done....
23-02-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
COPR received in mail 11-02-2016
ushiee88 said:
hope so.. lol

also on your home country certificate was it just mentioned that you stayed there from when you were 18 till you left for canada or from birth to present.
Oh god knows .... I'm in bed now - but if I find a copy of it tomorrow I'll let you know ...

goalkb

Aug 30, 2014
Visa Office......
Sydney/Ottawa
Med's Done....
End of October
marmaht said:
I called them just to ask if CIC needed my old Notice of Assessments (to prove that I paid taxes in 2012, 2013 and 2014) or if I should wait to get the new ones.

For the story: they asked for it on June 29th to be sent in 60 days, but I had to sue my former boss who considered me as self-employed instead of employed, which made me ineligible for CEC. So I needed to start some procedures to be recognized as employed and get my T4 (got them on time) but I am still waiting for my NoA (had to call my MP AND fill a complain against CRA). I was told this morning that they are on their way: YAY!!!

But when I called CIC yesterday the lady was awfully rude, didn't even let me ask my question, just told me to send an email to the person who's in charge of my application (as if I had his/her contact information...). I'm an October applicant so it's too early for me to ask for any update!
:D you just email it to CPC email address. if you want to know, whether you want to send it or not. Post it in a thread and get some seniors advice here. :D

ushiee88

Aug 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LFB72 said:
Oh god knows .... I'm in bed now - but if I find a copy of it tomorrow I'll let you know ...
nevermind now its too late anyway loll

mayanyunxiao

Star Member
Nov 13, 2014
I did upfront medical exam for my CEC application. I am an Oct applicant.
The doctor give me an information sheet for e-medical information. They didn't ask me about the UCI number at that time.
How could I let CIC know my medical exam results?

b1993

Dec 27, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
submitted with application
I am a July 16th applicant my file is under second review because of my management level position without prior experience. I was waiting for the correspondence but in my recent GCMS notes following are the officer's comments:
"Not overly concerned that he is managing a *** shop without prior experience. Please ask him how he obtained management level position without prior experience in the field." Please send request for FP for RCMP check.

I got request for RCMP check in January and my current RCMP is expiring in February. I called the call center, the person told me that don't send new RCMP check unless they request.

I have been waiting from last 16 months and need suggestion that should I send RCMP and explanation without request or should wait until they request.

Any inputs would be greatly appreciated.

c2h5oh

Apr 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-06-2014
Doc's Request.
21-02-2015
AOR Received.
11-08-2014
Med's Request
11-02-2015
Med's Done....
24-02-2015
Passport Req..
visa-exempt
VISA ISSUED...
25-01-2016
LANDED..........
15-02-2016
b1993 said:
I am a July 16th applicant my file is under second review because of my management level position without prior experience. I was waiting for the correspondence but in my recent GCMS notes following are the officer's comments:
"Not overly concerned that he is managing a *** shop without prior experience. Please ask him how he obtained management level position without prior experience in the field." Please send request for FP for RCMP check.

I got request for RCMP check in January and my current RCMP is expiring in February. I called the call center, the person told me that don't send new RCMP check unless they request.

I have been waiting from last 16 months and need suggestion that should I send RCMP and explanation without request or should wait until they request.

Any inputs would be greatly appreciated.
I would do nothing until CIC wants something from me:
Most likely they will never ask - the notes state they have little doubt your got work experience required for CEC and that it matches your NOC. This is the important part, because your eligibility hinges on it. How you got the job is irrelevant and they will only ask if they feel additional proof backing your experience is required, which based on the notes is unlikely.

If they do ask don't stress over it - just give them the facts and maybe ask whoever hired/promoted you to write a short letter (literally 3-4 sentences) backing your story.

It is very likely they are past ask/don't ask decision - the RCMP check request mentioned in the notes is about the one you got in January. Don't worry about getting new RCMP check - even if they don't reach a decision by the time the first one expires they might not ask for a new one.

b1993

Dec 27, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
submitted with application
Thanks for quick reply

My first review was done in march and these notes are from October and they again said review required by making the comments I posted above I have got a letter from my employer even I am not working there. I am totally confused what to do.

manny1616

Nov 8, 2015
Hey everyone, I sent in my application on july 17, 2014 and received the file number on sept 26, 2014. Then I got married in December 2014 and I did send an email to notify my maritial status change in the same month. However they got back to me on february 23, 2015 requesting additional forms filled out for my spouse. I filled out and mailed them all the docs within a month.

Back in august of this year I received an email requesting my letter of employment again. They said the job duties that I had on my original job letter didnt match my category and that they need a job letter with correct job duties as explained under the NOC code I apllied under. So I got another letter from my employer with correct job duties and sent it within a week and since then I havn't heard anything from them.

Is there anyone else out there with sort of similar situation going on ? Or any idea on how long my application is gonna delay coz my spouse's application added to it ? And another question is can I be self employed now or do I still have to doing a full time job ? All the suggestions/replies would be greatly appreciated. Have a wonderful day.

bahmed

Oct 27, 2015
manny1616 said:
Hey everyone, I sent in my application on july 17, 2014 and received the file number on sept 26, 2014. Then I got married in December 2014 and I did send an email to notify my maritial status change in the same month. However they got back to me on february 23, 2015 requesting additional forms filled out for my spouse. I filled out and mailed them all the docs within a month.

Back in august of this year I received an email requesting my letter of employment again. They said the job duties that I had on my original job letter didnt match my category and that they need a job letter with correct job duties as explained under the NOC code I apllied under. So I got another letter from my employer with correct job duties and sent it within a week and since then I havn't heard anything from them.

Is there anyone else out there with sort of similar situation going on ? Or any idea on how long my application is gonna delay coz my spouse's application added to it ? And another question is can I be self employed now or do I still have to doing a full time job ? All the suggestions/replies would be greatly appreciated. Have a wonderful day.
You can be self-employed. As long as you have required experience you can quit job and be self-employed.

CIC usually asks for extra documentsq. Nothing to worry about.

Ottawa-applicant

Apr 16, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JUST GOT READY FOR VISA EMAIL LAST NIGHT :) :)

where do you guys suggest to land? Also is it possible to land within the city instead of driving to the board.

mesumrizvi

Nov 7, 2014
Toronto - Canada
Ottawa-applicant said:
JUST GOT READY FOR VISA EMAIL LAST NIGHT :) :)

where do you guys suggest to land? Also is it possible to land within the city instead of driving to the board.
congratss.. good news for u too :)
yea u can book an appointment for inland landing.. do landing where u feel most convenient.