+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

JULY 2012 Applicants join here

superbtang

Jul 19, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CanadianJeepGuy said:
LOL. I guess the difference between us is I like to understand what is actually happening and be treated as fairly as the next person. Though I'm at 97 days without so much of a peep from CIC. Others on this thread have already been approved. I'm happy for them but that doesn't change how unfair things are for those like me who have also done their due diligence and are left with the impression that their application has been used to replace the broken leg on the photocopier in the CIC mailroom. As the saying goes..."evil prevails when good men do nothing". If you are satisfied with the level of service you are getting then thats great. I am not.

Now this post has to be worth a -4 at least.
we all understand your madness, but there are thousands of different reasons for delay. might be your incompleted applications, might be cic spilled coffee on your file, might be the mailman misplaced yours, might be your processor is on summer vacation...who knows what...your complaints do not help the process...call them..again and again and again...Friday is the best and easiest day to call in.. good luck!

bagelbagel81

Jun 13, 2012
Sydney
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11th Jul 2012
AOR Received.
25th Sep 2012
File Transfer...
25th Sep 2012
Med's Done....
2nd Jul 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17th Jan 2013
VISA ISSUED...
22nd Jan 2013
LANDED..........
6th June 2013!
Hope everyone is having a good weekend. One more day closer to finishig May/June approvals- meaning one step closer for July! Sending positive vibes to everyone :):)

tavora

Star Member
May 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-07-2012
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
20-09-2012
Med's Done....
02-07-2012
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
07-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
10-05-2013
LANDED..........
31-05-2013
bagelbagel81 said:
Hope everyone is having a good weekend. One more day closer to finishig May/June approvals- meaning one step closer for July! Sending positive vibes to everyone :):)
Thanks, bagelbagel! I've got my fingers crossed that we all hear something sooner rather than later. (Hopefully in September!) :)

lioha

Star Member
Jun 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Looking on how the May and June applicants go, it seems like CIC is working on both months at the same time. Some people got news from CIC this finishing week, and the people were both from June and May. I really hope September will be our month of joy!!!

Phil1232

Jun 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 22, 2012
AOR Received.
August 2012
File Transfer...
September 2012
Passport Req..
February 2013
VISA ISSUED...
March 2013
LANDED..........
April 2013
Hey I know it's still a little bit early to be anticipating AORs (looking at June's progress) but just a quick question, does anyone know is the AOR email sent to the sponsor or the applicant?

Thanks

truesmile

Champion Member
Jun 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2012
AOR Received.
18-07-2012
File Transfer...
24-07-2012
Med's Done....
18-05-2012
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
05-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2013
LANDED..........
02-02-2013
From associating with this forum, the majority of them apparently go out by email and to the "sponsor". However, I did notice one poor forumer here that finally received his 'sponsorship approval' via snail mail after waiting 150 days. I received mine via email.

KJG

Champion Member
Jun 4, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
June 14, 2012
File Transfer...
June 20, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 3, 2012
Interview........
Oct 4, 2012 9:00am
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
Phil1232 said:
Hey I know it's still a little bit early to be anticipating AORs (looking at June's progress) but just a quick question, does anyone know is the AOR email sent to the sponsor or the applicant?

Thanks
Sponsorship AOR's are received via email if you get one.....and approvals are sometimes emailed and sometimes mailed........for stage 2 an aor is usually received by the applicant either email or snail mail if the VO sends one.....many don't

marcopolocan

Star Member
Jun 22, 2012
Hiya all

I can't believe its been 42 days already (for me that is)!! Where has the time gone? I'm glad the Olympics was on and that kept my mind off of the day by day grind of waiting.
I hope you're all coping well.
Cheers

bagelbagel81

Jun 13, 2012
Sydney
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11th Jul 2012
AOR Received.
25th Sep 2012
File Transfer...
25th Sep 2012
Med's Done....
2nd Jul 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17th Jan 2013
VISA ISSUED...
22nd Jan 2013
LANDED..........
6th June 2013!
marcopolocan said:
Hiya all

I can't believe its been 42 days already (for me that is)!! Where has the time gone? I'm glad the Olympics was on and that kept my mind off of the day by day grind of waiting.
I hope you're all coping well.
Cheers
You and me both! I still feel like it's only been a week or two... time flies when you are having fun (and keeping busy!)

Kamar

Star Member
Aug 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
KJG said:
Sponsorship AOR's are received via email if you get one.....and approvals are sometimes emailed and sometimes mailed........for stage 2 an aor is usually received by the applicant either email or snail mail if the VO sends one.....many don't
What if i delete the AOR email by mistake? I get like 20 emails every day and i delete all junk emails.
What is the email address from Ontarion?
Is it possible that the AOR email ends up in the Junk emails?

KJG

Champion Member
Jun 4, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
June 14, 2012
File Transfer...
June 20, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 3, 2012
Interview........
Oct 4, 2012 9:00am
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
Kamar said:
What if i delete the AOR email by mistake? I get like 20 emails every day and i delete all junk emails.
What is the email address from Ontarion?
Is it possible that the AOR email ends up in the Junk emails?
absolutely....... this is what the email address looks like: Citizenship and Immigration Canada | Citoyenneté et Immigration Canada <http://www.cic.gc.ca/images/sig-eng.gif>

if you have deleted it they will not resend....so check your junk mail...........

Woffles

Star Member
Feb 2, 2012
I have a Client ID number from my previous working holiday visas and visitor extensions, will this likely be the client ID they will use or will my boyfriend (my sponsor) get a new client ID? Thinking about it, do Canadians even get client IDs?

bagelbagel81

Jun 13, 2012
Sydney
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11th Jul 2012
AOR Received.
25th Sep 2012
File Transfer...
25th Sep 2012
Med's Done....
2nd Jul 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17th Jan 2013
VISA ISSUED...
22nd Jan 2013
LANDED..........
6th June 2013!
Woffles said:
I have a Client ID number from my previous working holiday visas and visitor extensions, will this likely be the client ID they will use or will my boyfriend (my sponsor) get a new client ID? Thinking about it, do Canadians even get client IDs?
From what I have been told, yes you can use that. Your partner (the sponsor) also gets a Unique Identification Code, after receiving an AOR/sponsorship approval that you can use too. Considering you already have your Client Idetification Number, it may be best to use that before any initial contact.

Woffles

Star Member
Feb 2, 2012
bagelbagel81 said:
From what I have been told, yes you can use that. Your partner (the sponsor) also gets a Unique Identification Code, after receiving an AOR/sponsorship approval that you can use too. Considering you already have your Client Idetification Number, it may be best to use that before any initial contact.
Oh, I'm not about to bug them or anything (app was only signed for four weeks ago) but I might start just randomly checking with my client ID in a few weeks to see if there's anything there (a complete long shot I know but what the heck :) )

bagelbagel81

Jun 13, 2012
Sydney
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11th Jul 2012
AOR Received.
25th Sep 2012
File Transfer...
25th Sep 2012
Med's Done....
2nd Jul 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17th Jan 2013
VISA ISSUED...
22nd Jan 2013
LANDED..........
6th June 2013!
Woffles said:
Oh, I'm not about to bug them or anything (app was only signed for four weeks ago) but I might start just randomly checking with my client ID in a few weeks to see if there's anything there (a complete long shot I know but what the heck :) )
There's no harm in doing that! In terms of bugging them- I am sure there are enough people ringing them asking about their application to take care of that! ;) I meant that until you hear from them you wont have the Unique Client ID (UCI) so you may as well use your client number. Wish I had one to use - but I can honestly see myself sitting there about 50 times a day trying to log on to check the status - so probably a good thing I don't, for my own health!