+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Job offer and Closed WP(LMIA exempt, c20)

Shan priya S

Jul 16, 2024
Your employer does all the work for C20 until approved. Then you apply for closed work permit.
Thanks for your immediate response. For this process (Your employer does all the work for C20 until approved) do I need submit any documents from my end to the Employer ?

Shan priya S

Jul 16, 2024
No. Company has to submit all documentation to apply and meet C20 criteria.
So, you mean not even any supporting documents like my education, previous experience documents ?

And also, my current PGWP is valid until February 2025. Generally how long it will take to get approval for C20 WP for the company, any idea please share.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
So, you mean not even any supporting documents like my education, previous experience documents ?
This has nothing to do with your education/previous experience. Once LMIA under C20 is approved that is when you apply for a closed work permit with ECA/experience/IELTS etc. Company has to prove they must hire a foreign worker with the specific NOC under C20 requirements, and has nothing to do with you.

Shan priya S

Jul 16, 2024
This has nothing to do with your education/previous experience. Once LMIA under C20 is approved that is when you apply for a closed work permit with ECA/experience/IELTS etc. Company has to prove they must hire a foreign worker with the specific NOC under C20 requirements, and has nothing to do with you.
Sorry I might be wrong here, this one ( (I mean C20 WP ) is LMIA exempt WP right ?

how many weeks would be the processing time for this process ?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Sorry I might be wrong here, this one ( (I mean C20 WP ) is LMIA exempt WP right ?

how many weeks would be the processing time for this process ?
It is and that is why I don’t understand how your company is eligible but they seem to know what they are doing. Expect 2-5 months.

Shan priya S

Jul 16, 2024
It is and that is why I don’t understand how your company is eligible but they seem to know what they are doing. Expect 2-5 months.
Actually, I requested my employer to support the LMIA process, but they came with this C20 WP option/solution. :rolleyes: I'm so scared now, since you are asking how my employer is qualified to support the C20 WP

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Actually, I requested my employer to support the LMIA process, but they came with this C20 WP option/solution. :rolleyes: I'm so scared now, since you are asking how my employer is qualified to support the C20 WP
If they suggested it then they must have used it for other employees. I gave you the link and it is pretty specific. Maybe doing it because they just have to pay compliance fee and not $1k for a LMIA. This is a LMIA exempt permit so you don’t get 50 points for EE until you have worked on the closed work permit for a year.

Shan priya S

Jul 16, 2024
If they suggested it then they must have used it for other employees. I gave you the link and it is pretty specific. Maybe doing it because they just have to pay compliance fee and not $1k for a LMIA. This is a LMIA exempt permit so you don’t get 50 points for EE until you have worked on the closed work permit for a year.
So, the current 1 year experience with the company is no more useful to get those 50 points ? I have to wait one more year with closed WP if it get approved ? OMG,

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
So, the current 1 year experience with the company is no more useful to get those 50 points ? I have to wait one more year with closed WP if it get approved ? OMG,
You get a year of Canadian experience but not the extra 50 points with a C20. A LMIA exemption doesn’t give you 50 points until you have a year of experience with your approved closed work permit.

If your employer had decided to go the LMIA route then they would have had to repost your job to JobBank and other job sites. They would have to document the hiring process to show that no Canadians/PR applied with the education or work experience. Then they would have paid the $1k and file for a LMIA. If approved, you could have counted the 50 points right away on your EE profile. Maybe your employer didn’t want to go through all that.

Shan priya S

Jul 16, 2024
You get a year of Canadian experience but not the extra 50 points with a C20. A LMIA exemption doesn’t give you 50 points until you have a year of experience with your approved closed work permit.

If your employer had decided to go the LMIA route then they would have had to repost your job to JobBank and other job sites. They would have to document the hiring process to show that no Canadians/PR applied with the education or work experience. Then they would have paid the $1k and file for a LMIA. If approved, you could have counted the 50 points right away on your EE profile. Maybe your employer didn’t want to go through all that.
Totally understood. Really appreciate your in-depth insights about this process. Thank you so much.