+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2024 Citizenship application

Aishaadi

Star Member
Jun 15, 2021
I am still waiting, I also asked IRCC and all they said was everything is in order. I asked why are they not sending the request if they need fps to clear background and he said he doesn't know and I should try after the 8 month wait period again
Thats so frustating, to me they mentioned its not even needed...Do you have the same RCMP status as mine ? and whats your AOR ?

DanishGirl

Feb 10, 2017
Hello Everyone,
I JUST completed my virtual interview with an immigration officer she was calling from London Ontario, (she was working from home).

So basically they asked me about all the travel dates leaving and coming back to Canada and what the purpose was for the trips.
What my husband and I do for living- and if the plans are to stay in Canada after I receive citizenship and where my kids go to school.

She asked me show her my PR and my passport and the interview ended with her telling me that she's going to submit my application back to the Niagara office to schedule me for the Oath Ceremony within 3 months.

OutOfScar

May 22, 2024
Thats so frustating, to me they mentioned its not even needed...Do you have the same RCMP status as mine ? and whats your AOR ?
My AOR is 23rd Jan . They told me fingerprints will eventually be required, just that the office that is responsible for fingerprints (Vancouver) has not sent the request. He mentioned the system automatically sets that status(the one you see in your GCMS notes fingerprints required) so it's very rarely waived but if they said they don't need it maybe they have waived it for you. I have the same status on my notes.

Feb 17, 2024
Hello Everyone,
I JUST completed my virtual interview with an immigration officer she was calling from London Ontario, (she was working from home).

So basically they asked me about all the travel dates leaving and coming back to Canada and what the purpose was for the trips.
What my husband and I do for living- and if the plans are to stay in Canada after I receive citizenship and where my kids go to school.

She asked me show her my PR and my passport and the interview ended with her telling me that she's going to submit my application back to the Niagara office to schedule me for the Oath Ceremony within 3 months.
Did your LPP get completed after the interview ?

UserX1995

Mar 28, 2020
#WeeklyCheck

Hi, for those who had the initial test invite from Niagara Falls office and later got the application moved to Vancouver office (or Calgary office) -the ones whose LPP is stuck from March 12 or 13, have you received any new updates this week? Thanks.
@Almamy92 @cicuser

beyonder

Jun 13, 2024
Quick question guys, I don't have last name on my original passport and everything goes in the given name. What should I write for citizenship certificate as the first and last name?
greatly appreciate any help.

sny.sng

Star Member
Mar 17, 2021
Quick question guys, I don't have last name on my original passport and everything goes in the given name. What should I write for citizenship certificate as the first and last name?
greatly appreciate any help.
it will go exactly as your name on COPR.

cicuser

Star Member
Oct 11, 2017
No update still waiting for LPP Vancouver office is so slow
No updates for me as well. I called IRCC and got standard response to call them in Sep if there is no update as application is within standard processing time. I am planning to request GCMS notes this week

Reactions: UserX1995

UserX1995

Mar 28, 2020
No updates for me as well. I called IRCC and got standard response to call them in Sep if there is no update as application is within standard processing time. I am planning to request GCMS notes this week
Same situation here as well.
Applied for GCMS notes on June 8th. Most probably my application has also been transferred to Vancouver like yours, from NGF office.

Last edited:
Reactions: E-A-M-E-A-M-E-A-M