+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2024 Citizenship application

MMSR

Feb 12, 2014
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Ideally, if you gave your fingerprints in the last week of June or first week of July and you have no prior records, your fingerprint results should already be with IRCC. Now when they act on it is anyone's guess, based on what I have seen in this and other forums Vancouver office takes 4-6 weeks to complete the background check after the fingerprints have been submitted, I couldn't find any record of how long Sydney takes(assuming you got your request from there), but Sydney has a reputation of being slow since its the busiest office in the country.
Surprising Sydney is way faster than Vancouver in Fingerprints processing

This has been observed for the patch that was sent end of June
After RCMP send the results, about 7-10 business days and they have updated
but on the other side, Sydney forget to update the tracker with FP request & FP received

Aishaadi

Star Member
Jun 15, 2021

but on the other side, Sydney forget to update the tracker with FP request & FP received
May be they never wanted FP :) just to keep the applicants distracted on the reason for delay. Anyways if they could do the justice by not keeping waited from now on, that would be it.

Reactions: E-A-M-E-A-M-E-A-M

MMSR

Feb 12, 2014
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
May be they never wanted FP :) just to keep the applicants distracted on the reason for delay. Anyways if they could do the justice by not keeping waited from now on, that would be it.
They sent to them letter to submit fingerprints, so they needed it but...... :D

OutOfScar

May 22, 2024

I hope what you say is true as I am approaching the 7-10 business days time line now

H.M2021

Aug 19, 2021
Please advise. Does anyone have the same timeline and why does it take a long time?
Niagara Office
( I'm the main applicant and still waiting for Background check and prohibition)
My spouse’s application is only a background check in progress
2024 - family application
*Jan 3, 2024 AOR
*Feb 2, 2024 Activity status updated: Citizenship test
*Feb 9, Scheduled for citizenship test
* Feb 13, 2024 Fingerprints required
* Feb 20, 2024 Activity status updated: Citizenship test
*Mar 7, 2024 Fingerprint results: Received
*April 9, 2024 Physical presence status has been updated to Completed.
*April 9, 2024 Language skills status has been updated to Completed.
Background: In progress
Prohibition: In progress
Ceremony: Not started

Gigaboating

Feb 23, 2021
Finally some movement:

Type: Online
Application: Single
Physical Presence: 1114.5
Sent: Jan 9, 2024
Returned: Jan 23, 2024 (In our records, we cannot confirm your time in Canada before you became a permanent resident)
Resent: Jan 23, 2024
AOR: Feb 16, 2024
Background completed: March 7, 2024
Citizenship test: In Progress July 2, 2024
Test Passed: July 8, 2024

Waiting for the tracker to update about my test. Am I correct in that it will still show "Waiting on you" until the test results are reviewed?
Test completed in tracker: July 16, 2024

Reactions: MMSR

Aishaadi

Star Member
Jun 15, 2021
Please advise. Does anyone have the same timeline and why does it take a long time?
Niagara Office
( I'm the main applicant and still waiting for Background check and prohibition)
*Jan 3, 2024 AOR
Ideally if the FP are received, BG should be completed with in couple of days ( Based on multiple responses i have seen from people, including mine last week). I would recommend to call ( 1st step) to check the status, request for GCMS ( if not done) , and last reach out to your local MP to help you find the status of your application.

MMSR

Feb 12, 2014
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Niagara Office
*Jan 3, 2024 AOR
This means you are under security check with CSIS and that's why BG is delayed

cicuser

Star Member
Oct 11, 2017
Still stuck at LPP since March 13 :( . I received my GCMS notes today and I am unable to understand how to make sense of it?
Location shows: E-Grant Review Ready PM01
LPP shows as Not started Assigned by TD22059 Assigned to RC-8090 Due date 2025/01/24
What is surprising is under Client details it shows CoR: Germany, Federal republic of. Not sure where that information is coming from? I went to Germany in 2018 from Canada (when I did my soft landing). Do i need to worry about it ? get it corrected?
I have my PR card expiring in Dec and I was hoping not to renew it but seems like I should now as I have a travel lined up.

Last edited:

kyoussef

Star Member
Oct 10, 2019
Niagara Office
*Jan 3, 2024 AOR
I have a similar situation.

Ricky09

Star Member
Sep 23, 2018
Still stuck at LPP since March 13 :( . I received my GCMS notes today and I am unable to understand how to make sense of it?
Location shows: E-Grant Review Ready PM01
LPP shows as Not started Assigned by TD22059 Assigned to RC-8090 Due date 2025/01/24
What is surprising is under Client details it shows CoR: Germany, Federal republic of. Not sure where that information is coming from? I went to Germany in 2018 from Canada (when I did my soft landing). Do i need to worry about it ? get it corrected?
I have my PR card expiring in Dec and I was hoping not to renew it but seems like I should now as I have a travel lined up.
I thought they don't look records older than 5 years from the date of citizen application as the major requirement is to stay in Canada for at least 3 years within the last 5 year period from the date of citizenship application.

How you still have PR card valid if you did soft landing in 2018, its been 6-7 year now? & What you want to get corrected in this case?

Maybe they want to check how long you stayed in Germany after the soft landing. Have you done lots of traveling during last 5 year period stay?

cicuser

Star Member
Oct 11, 2017
My PR card was issued again at start of Jan 2020. Previous one got lost :(
I moved to Canada for good in 2020. No frequent travel at all. Was out for just 4 weeks for a vacation back home during the last 4.5 years.
By correction I meant CoR: My travel to Germany was for vacation( 2 days ) . I was in US before that.
I thought they don't look records older than 5 years from the date of citizen application as the major requirement is to stay in Canada for at least 3 years within the last 5 year period from the date of citizenship application.

How you still have PR card valid if you did soft landing in 2018, its been 6-7 year now? & What you want to get corrected in this case?

Maybe they want to check how long you stayed in Germany after the soft landing. Have you done lots of traveling during last 5 year period stay?

Ricky09

Star Member
Sep 23, 2018
My PR card was issued again at start of Jan 2020. Previous one got lost :(
I moved to Canada for good in 2020. No frequent travel at all. Was out for just 4 weeks for a vacation back home during the last 4.5 years.
By correction I meant CoR: My travel to Germany was for vacation( 2 days ) . I was in US before that.
Did you mention Germany in your travel history? If yes, then it should be fine. Otherwise, get the correction as you know that they know your travel history.

I have read that Australia, Canada, New Zealand, the United Kingdom, and the United States share immigration information, and some European countries also.

I think they should not be over scrutinizing your stay outside of Canada in terms of days lived outside of Canada, as you have stayed well over the requirement of 3 years. You probably stayed in Canada for over 4 years when you submitted your citizenship application....right?

cicuser

Star Member
Oct 11, 2017
Yes I have mentioned all travel history along with comments and I have been in Canada for more than 3 years easily.
Maybe I got a bit unlucky with a slow moving office/officer.
I am amongst the handful from Jan AOR who is stuck at LPP :(
Did you mention Germany in your travel history? If yes, then it should be fine. Otherwise, get the correction as you know that they know your travel history.

I have read that Australia, Canada, New Zealand, the United Kingdom, and the United States share immigration information, and some European countries also.

I think they should not be over scrutinizing your stay outside of Canada in terms of days lived outside of Canada, as you have stayed well over the requirement of 3 years. You probably stayed in Canada for over 4 years when you submitted your citizenship application....right?