+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2024 Citizenship application

Aishaadi

Star Member
Jun 15, 2021
I called them today. The officer left me for 3 minutes, then came back and said, "The officer is working on your application, and you are still within the processing time. We'll contact you if we need anything else!"

I am not sure if that is an update :(
I understand, agents does this each time . So i usually start the other way, saying i am aware my app is still under standard processing time ...but i would like to know each of the statuses (of all LPP etc) and in my case i had the GCMS notes, so i asked specifics. Thats how i ended up receiving a FP email the prior week, it is strange they wanted FP since Feb 20th and never sent me a request until i called them for couple of times.

Reactions: E-A-M-E-A-M-E-A-M

Aishaadi

Star Member
Jun 15, 2021
For all those who had to give Fingerprints, can some of you share timelines post the FP ? My application is almost 6 months now :(
There are no complex things which might lead to this delay - Our tests were done in April.

harry3314

Star Member
Jul 15, 2015
For all those who had to give Fingerprints, can some of you share timelines post the FP ? My application is almost 6 months now :(
There are no complex things which might lead to this delay - Our tests were done in April.
A lot of us got fingerprints last week of June, I know of two other friends who applied the same day as me. We even got the Test request on the same day in April.
We sent email on June 13 and June 21 to Niagara and Vancouver office asking our fingerprints are still pending. We thought it was the email that triggered us getting the fingerprint request.
But there are many people who receive fingerprint request at that time. So, they're sending the requests in batches.
So, I think the processing is up to the office handling our files, and they will process them accordingly.

OutOfScar

May 22, 2024
A lot of us got fingerprints last week of June, I know of two other friends who applied the same day as me. We even got the Test request on the same day in April.
We sent email on June 13 and June 21 to Niagara and Vancouver office asking our fingerprints are still pending. We thought it was the email that triggered us getting the fingerprint request.
But there are many people who receive fingerprint request at that time. So, they're sending the requests in batches.
So, I think the processing is up to the office handling our files, and they will process them accordingly.
I agree there is some sort of batching, me and another person I know got test invites in the second week of April and fingerprint request on June 26. Both of us have AOR in Jan. So, unfortunately, calling and sending emails seems to be having no impact on the processing of the application, they are following their own schedule.

OutOfScar

May 22, 2024
@harry3314 , @OutOfScar Thank you for the responses. Lets us hope things go fast paced from here. How do we know our FP were received by IRCC ? Does it show on our tracker ? or its just BG which shows completed ?
Ideally, if you gave your fingerprints in the last week of June or first week of July and you have no prior records, your fingerprint results should already be with IRCC. Now when they act on it is anyone's guess, based on what I have seen in this and other forums Vancouver office takes 4-6 weeks to complete the background check after the fingerprints have been submitted, I couldn't find any record of how long Sydney takes(assuming you got your request from there), but Sydney has a reputation of being slow since its the busiest office in the country.

Reactions: Gagzgill

Aishaadi

Star Member
Jun 15, 2021
Ideally, if you gave your fingerprints in the last week of June or first week of July and you have no prior records, your fingerprint results should already be with IRCC. Now when they act on it is anyone's guess, based on what I have seen in this and other forums Vancouver office takes 4-6 weeks to complete the background check after the fingerprints have been submitted, I couldn't find any record of how long Sydney takes(assuming you got your request from there), but Sydney has a reputation of being slow since its the busiest office in the country.
@OutOfScar I have some positive news to share from this morning, My BG is now marked complete. So Sydney IRCC seems to go against the data ( Positively)by marking BG within 2 weeks of FP.

Someone please update my data :
FP Request : June 26
FP Submitted : June 26 ( Seems RCMP mailed by FP on July 4th - I got this info by calling them).
BG Complete : July 12

Reactions: MMSR

OutOfScar

May 22, 2024
@OutOfScar I have some positive news to share from this morning, My BG is now marked complete. So Sydney IRCC seems to go against the data ( Positively)by marking BG within 2 weeks of FP.

FP Submitted : June 26 ( Seems RCMP mailed by FP on July 4th - I got this info by calling them).
That is very nice to hear. Congrats

harry3314

Star Member
Jul 15, 2015

Good to hear that. Hopefully it's complete for us soon.