+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2024 Citizenship application

Yuki.03

Nov 30, 2020
GTA
LANDED..........
07-01-2021
Hello everyone!

My wife and I submitted our citizenship applications together on January 22nd, 2024. Currently, the online status tracker shows "Submitted for our review" for our group application. We haven't received the Acknowledgement of Receipt (AOR) yet. I was under the impression that the processing time can be up to 8 months, so I haven't contacted IRCC previously. However, a colleague who applied in February 2024 already received their passport last month. Since IRCC is closed today, I plan to contact them tomorrow.
In the meantime, any advice or information regarding our application status would be greatly appreciated.
check your email/spam for Client-update-mise-a-jour@cic.gc.ca if nothing is there contact them. do you access to the tracker?

UserX1995

Mar 28, 2020
Reactions: E-A-M-E-A-M-E-A-M

Ali.arshady

Star Member
Nov 27, 2023
No updates :( ..I am tired of this waiting. I did raise a Web form asking if i am supposed to get a request for Fingerprint request and still waiting for a response.
no worries,
just like me , give it up

i am not gonna call them or anything like that , unless they send me update. there is no point. if they want they will do smthg .
i am getting tired as i do not have control on it. so i gave it up

Last edited:
Reactions: E-A-M-E-A-M-E-A-M

Aishaadi

Star Member
Jun 15, 2021
no worries,
just like me , give it up

i am not gonna call them or anything like that , unless they send me update. there is no point. if they want they will do smthg .
i am getting tired as i do not have control on it. so i gave it up
Thank you for the message. Looks like they intentionally put some random applications such status of "dont handle for a duration" for some metrics. Unfortunately, we suffer, and sad part is i had to go through the same issue during my PR ( not complicated, they didnt send me eCOPR though my application was approved for more than 2 months).

Ali.arshady

Star Member
Nov 27, 2023
Thank you for the message. Looks like they intentionally put some random applications such status of "dont handle for a duration" for some metrics. Unfortunately, we suffer, and sad part is i had to go through the same issue during my PR ( not complicated, they didnt send me eCOPR though my application was approved for more than 2 months).
same experience i had when applied for student visa and PR . i knew that it will happen this time, and here we are, i am stuck bcz of BG.
so like i said, i gave up

E-A-M-E-A-M-E-A-M

Star Member
Jul 8, 2019
Hi @cicuser,
Thanks for doing the weekly check this week
No updates from my side this week. Waiting for my GCMS notes ordered on June 8th and checking this page every 2-3 hours hoping to see some positive updates from the NGF2Vancouver applications

Cc: @E-A-M-E-A-M-E-A-M @cicuser @Almamy92
Nothing from my end. I sent them another webform to ask about it, but till now, no response!

I called them twice, and both officers did not help; they just told me to wait. Sometimes I feel they enjoy our pain!

Anyways, I received a GMC note one month ago, and that's how I knew that my application was transferred to the Vancouver office. I'm thinking of requesting another GMC note; would that help push the process?

Cc: @cicuser @Almamy92

Reactions: UserX1995
May 10, 2021
Hello All,

Got to know about this group recently. Posting my timeline below for reference.

App Sent: Jan 21, 2024
AOR Date: Jan 31, 2024 (received by Sydney)
Background Complete Date: March 15, 2024
Test Invite Date: March 1, 2024
Test Taken Date: March 7, 2024
Test Completed Date: March 11, 2024
Language Complete Date: In progress
Prohibitions Complete Date: In progress
Physical Presence Complete Date: In progress
Ghost Update 1 : May 28, 2024
Ghost Update 2: May 30, 2024
Invitation to an Interview with a citizenship official (received by Scarborough): June 18, 2024 (You are invited to further the processing of your citizenship application by attending a citizenship interview event IN PERSON)
Citizenship Ceremony - Not started

Updated: June 4th June

Question: Even though my LPP is still In Progress, I got an Invitation to an interview with a Citizenship official. Is this normal and expected? Has anyone received this In Person interview invitation? What can be expected in this interview? Thanks for your feedback.
Update on my application.

Language Complete Date: June 20, 2024
Prohibitions Complete Date: June 20, 2024
Physical Presence Complete Date: June 20, 2024
Invitation to an Interview with a citizenship official to verify original passport and PR card (received by Scarborough): June 18, 2024 (You are invited to further the processing of your citizenship application by attending a citizenship interview event IN PERSON)
Citizenship Oath Ceremony - Due in person on July 8th 2024.

Updated: June 22nd for oath ceremony

MMSR

Feb 12, 2014
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Update on my application.

Language Complete Date: June 20, 2024
Prohibitions Complete Date: June 20, 2024
Physical Presence Complete Date: June 20, 2024
Invitation to an Interview with a citizenship official to verify original passport and PR card (received by Scarborough): June 18, 2024 (You are invited to further the processing of your citizenship application by attending a citizenship interview event IN PERSON)
Citizenship Oath Ceremony - Due in person on July 8th 2024.

Updated: June 22nd for oath ceremony
Congratulations
sheet is updated

Reactions: ashishschdv1