+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

**----January 2019 Outland Application----**

LostinSpace

Star Member
Nov 5, 2018
Our application was received by IRCC on Jan 3rd, I now can finally find my wife's account in ECAS; does this mean that we are good and should receive and AOR soon, or could it mean there are still issues with the application? The current status on ECAS is In Process and the date received, nothing more as of yet...

Should we create the account link at this point from the ECAS info, or wait until the AOR and UCI info?

Appreciate any advice provided.

JoshC

Nov 3, 2018
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
21-11-2018
AOR Received.
29-01-2019
File Transfer...
27-02-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
25-02-2019
Passport Req..
14-05-2019
VISA ISSUED...
30-05-2019
Our application was received by IRCC on Jan 3rd, I now can finally find my wife's account in ECAS; does this mean that we are good and should receive and AOR soon, or could it mean there are still issues with the application? The current status on ECAS is In Process and the date received, nothing more as of yet...

Should we create the account link at this point from the ECAS info, or wait until the AOR and UCI info?

Appreciate any advice provided.
That’s positive news and you should see AOR come through shortly. You can attempt to link to GCKEY as some people have luck getting it to work (it can be difficult to link) but my advice would be to keep checking and fingers crossed the AOR email will drop in to your inbox shortly.

steve1975

Jan 16, 2019
Sorry if this is not the proper venue for my post. My brother's spousal application, which I handled and sweated over and which I worried so much about has been APPROVED!
Application was sent via UPS and received on the 3rd of Feb. We received an email today from the "Centralized-Intake-Office" which sounded like spam when I first saw it.
I am very happy because I never filled out these kind of forms before. The fact that my brother has been married for less than 2 years meant that there were so many other things to provide in the way of proof of the legitimacy of the relationship.

I am so relieved that the application has been accepted. We are waiting for the email with instructions on how to proceed with Quebec side. (All provincial forms have been filled).

This forum has been very helpful. Thank you!

Last edited:

alaria

Apr 17, 2018
Sorry if this is not the proper venue for my post. My brother's spousal application, which I handled and sweated over and which I worried so much about has been APPROVED!
Application was sent via UPS and received on the 3rd of Feb. We received an email today from the "Centralized-Intake-Office" which sounded like spam when I first saw it.
I am very happy because I never filled out these kind of forms before. The fact that my brother has been married for less than 2 years meant that there were so many other things to provide in the way of proof of the legitimacy of the relationship.

I am so relieved that the application has been accepted. We are waiting for the email with instructions on how to proceed with Quebec side. (All provincial forms have been filled).

This forum has been very helpful. Thank you!
On the 3rd of February 2018 you mean?

Congrats anyway! What Visa office was handling your application?

I don't think I really understand the case, sorry :) if it's approved like PPR an email shouldn't be from centralized intake office... Well, more clarification needed.

Reactions: schweisy

LostinSpace

Star Member
Nov 5, 2018
That’s positive news and you should see AOR come through shortly. You can attempt to link to GCKEY as some people have luck getting it to work (it can be difficult to link) but my advice would be to keep checking and fingers crossed the AOR email will drop in to your inbox shortly.
Got what looks like an AOR (I see UCI and application number) shortly after posting my question! Woohoo. Excited to finally see this progress for my wife and I.

Hope the rest of you folks get your AORs soon.

steve1975

Jan 16, 2019
Can someone help to understand?
If it's this year application, it's too early for any emails for Feb applicants, even AOR. And what does "approved" mean?[/QUOTE
I received an email (Since I represent my brother) at 4.58 pm with similiar application and UCI numberS and amongst the stuff mentioned,it states:
"We are pleased to inform that you have met the federal eligibility requirements as a sponsor."

An hour later, I received a similar email with different application and UCI numbers with explanations on what happens next.

Dec 3, 2012
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
App. Filed.......
03-01-2019
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
26-02-2019
Med's Request
29-02-2019
Med's Done....
11-03-2019
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
15-04-2019
Hi! Im also a january 2019 applicant.
January 3-application received
January 25- started processing
No AOR yet.
crossed fringer it will run smoothly.

Imjennah

Star Member
Feb 17, 2019
Hi! Im also a january 2019 applicant.
January 3-application received
January 25- started processing
No AOR yet.
crossed fringer it will run smoothly.
Were you able to see it as started processing on ecas or did you call to get the status of your application?

Dec 3, 2012
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
App. Filed.......
03-01-2019
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
26-02-2019
Med's Request
29-02-2019
Med's Done....
11-03-2019
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
15-04-2019

PrateekVatsyana

Jun 10, 2016
You dont need an application number to create an account. Use your PA’s email address to create an account and choose recovery questions and all and once all that is set up, link your application to that account using your recently received uci and application number. U can share the details with you’re PA so they can check and keep tabs too.
HI Krissh thanks for guidance ...I created the Account but when I am trying to link the Application by giving the UCI and Application Number then I am not able to search file with the details and hence not able to add ....
Possibly system is not updated ?

Reactions: Carolcarolsauce

vic1028

Star Member
Jan 28, 2019
TUNIS, TUNISIA
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Paris
App. Filed.......
07-01-2019
AOR Received.
27-02-2019
File Transfer...
08-03-2019
Med's Request
01-03-2019
Med's Done....
07-03-2019
Passport Req..
04-11-2019
LANDED..........
14-12-2019
Hey guys! In the Canadian Spousal Sponsorship FB group a January 7th outland applicant said they received AOR today. I'm Jan 7th as well but haven't heard anything yet and can't get into ECAS so who knows what CIC is doing lol

Krissh2179

Nov 20, 2018
App. Filed.......
14-02-2019
HI Krissh thanks for guidance ...I created the Account but when I am trying to link the Application by giving the UCI and Application Number then I am not able to search file with the details and hence not able to add ....
Possibly system is not updated ?
That or GCkey is notorious for not being able to link applications easily. There are various combinations of linking applications that work differently for different people. I’d say wait for a few days and link with the uci and application number (along with other details) and if it still doesnt link you can try different combinations like finding application via PA’s surname given name birth date place of stay etc. Keep trying different combinations. Also check this link out for anyone having issues with linking, may be a good read.

https://britishexpats.com/wiki/Spousal_Sponsorship-Canada/FAQ#All_about_MyCIC