+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

JANUARY 2016 - OUTLAND SPOUSAL APPLICANTS

libra girl

Star Member
Jun 29, 2010
BrettyMac said:
If you look at the 2015 spreadsheet, the days from AOR to SA range from 0-60 days.. but I'd say the average is between 15-30 days. Fingers crossed! :)
Finger crossed guys, hope we can all get SA as soon as possible

MNM2015

Sep 25, 2015
countrygal said:
I was told it takes 60 days after AOR on another forum.... My AOR came 15 days early so I am hoping that is the same case with SA!
libra girl said:
Ohk, so another 2 more months for a SA.
Thanks
It should be approximately 60 days from the date they received your application not the AOR (AOR being the Acknowledgement of Receipt email you just received). The AOR should contain the date they received your application, which is not the same as your AOR date, which is the date you got the email. I think the terms are a little confusing as people use AOR to mean both.

In my case I got my AOR email on Monday, which was 45 days after they received my application so I expect to receive my SA 15 days after that. 60 days is the time posted on the CIC website which can change weekly and is not guaranteed but you can call CIC if it takes longer than that.

BrettyMac

Star Member
Aug 30, 2015
Germany
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2015
AOR Received.
10-03-2016
File Transfer...
18-03-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
11-12-2015
Passport Req..
23-06-2016 (visa exempt)
MNM2015 said:
It should be approximately 60 days from the date they received your application not the AOR (AOR being the Acknowledgement of Receipt email you just received). The AOR should contain the date they received your application, which is not the same as your AOR date, which is the date you got the email. I think the terms are a little confusing as people use AOR to mean both.

In my case I got my AOR email on Monday, which was 45 days after they received my application so I expect to receive my SA 15 days after that. 60 days is the time posted on the CIC website which can change weekly and is not guaranteed but you can call CIC if it takes longer than that.
Great! Thanks for the clarification. That's about what it looks like on the spreadsheet too.. plus or minus a week or two ;)

countrygal

Sep 26, 2015
Mexico
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 8th, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 23rd, 2016
File Transfer...
Feb 26th,2016-AOR2 May 3rd,2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
October 8th,2015
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
Hoping for August 2016!!!
MNM2015 said:

Okay that makes so much sense! Thank you so so much! 60 days didn't sound right to me!

libra girl

Star Member
Jun 29, 2010
MNM2015 said:

ohk sounds great, thats's make sense to me. Thanks

Mrs. C3

Jan 28, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-01-2016
Hi guys,
Does anyone know how long does it take before I can log in to Ecas? I just have gotten my UCI number yesterday.
Thanks in advance peeps

MNM2015

Sep 25, 2015
BrettyMac said:
Great! Thanks for the clarification. That's about what it looks like on the spreadsheet too.. plus or minus a week or two ;)
It would make sense that previously it was a week or two longer as last month it was taking 69 days instead of 60 days to get SA according to the CIC website.

Mrs. C3 said:
Hi guys,
Does anyone know how long does it take before I can log in to Ecas? I just have gotten my UCI number yesterday.
Thanks in advance peeps
I got my UCI on Monday and haven't been able to log in yet. I've read on other threads that it's usually 2 or 3 days before you can so hopefully tomorrow for me. I'll update when I can.

Mrs. C3

Jan 28, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-01-2016
MNM2015 said:
It would make sense that previously it was a week or two longer as last month it was taking 69 days instead of 60 days to get SA according to the CIC website.

I got my UCI on Monday and haven't been able to log in yet. I've read on other threads that it's usually 2 or 3 days before you can so hopefully tomorrow for me. I'll update when I can.
Ok,thanks so much!!
I'm really hoping to get my SA soon hehe.I hope to hear from them this week or anytime soon

MNM2015

Sep 25, 2015
Mrs. C3 said:
Ok,thanks so much!!
I'm really hoping to get my SA soon hehe.I hope to hear from them this week or anytime soon
Me too but I doubt I will get SA until at least next week. I'm a tiny bit nervous about the approval as I'm not currently working but there is no income requirement for spousal sponsorship so hoping there are no issues or delays. I'm also super eager to get it to find out which visa office my husband's application will go to. Keep me posted!

countrygal

Sep 26, 2015
Mexico
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 8th, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 23rd, 2016
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
October 8th,2015
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
MNM2015 said:
Me too but I doubt I will get SA until at least next week. I'm a tiny bit nervous about the approval as I'm not currently working but there is no income requirement for spousal sponsorship so hoping there are no issues or delays. I'm also super eager to get it to find out which visa office my husband's application will go to. Keep me posted!
I am worried about the same. I have not worked for almost 3 years while living in Mexico. But I have never been on any social assistance or any sort like that. Although I did have my savings that I provided but I don't think that would even matter as you said there is no income requirement.

keera_r

Aug 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/01/2016
AOR Received.
27/02/2016 AOR2 5/5/2016
File Transfer...
1/3/2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
24/12/2015
countrygal said:
I am worried about the same. I have not worked for almost 3 years while living in Mexico. But I have never been on any social assistance or any sort like that. Although I did have my savings that I provided but I don't think that would even matter as you said there is no income requirement.
Me three! It has been 2 and a half years since I have had income so really hoping they don't put a lot of emphasis on that aspect especially because we have jobs and a home waiting for us! The wait is killer but it will be worth it in the end.

Really can't wait for this all to be finished. I had my man tell me today to stop bugging him to check his email haha

Speedy processing all!

countrygal

Sep 26, 2015
Mexico
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 8th, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 23rd, 2016
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
October 8th,2015
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
Yeah! I am sure we will all be okay! We will find out soon!

indianlove

Feb 20, 2016
Mrs. C3 said:
Hi guys,
Thanks in advance peeps

If you have your UCI# you should be able see the status of your application.

I hope this answer your question and all the best to you.

Mrs. C3

Jan 28, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-01-2016
indianlove said:
If you have your UCI# you should be able see the status of your application.

I hope this answer your question and all the best to you.
I just got my UCI# on Tuesday and I can't still log in. Others say I have to wait 2-3 days to be able to log in.
But,thanks for your reply though

Mrs. C3

Jan 28, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-01-2016
countrygal said:
I think you guys are gonna be fine. I actually know someone who got approved to sponsor her hubby and she didn't even have a job at that time. As long as you are not receiving any assistance from the government you are good to go.