Dec 19,2011
Passport Req..
PPR date: May10, PPR rcvd: May16, PP sent: May 17 ,PP rcvd by CEM:May18
VISA ISSUED...
IP: Aug16, DM: Aug19 Visa Issue Date: August 16, 2012 Visa rcvd: Aug24
LANDED..........
September 20, 2012, PR card received Nov 23,2012
petergriffin said:
hi my wife and i are fellow january applicants also. im glad we found the forums and other timelines to have an idea of the processing times and realize we are not alone in the stress and nervousness and excitement while waiting.

if anyone is curious our timeline is as follows

fedex application to Mississauga jan 5th
received file jan 9th
recieved email confirming mar 1st
decision made mar 2nd

its seems we find out about things a week after it happens lol......not sure if decision made means i am aproved as sponsor or not but it says they sent a letter in the mail so i guess will find out in a week or 2 :D
i'll add you po sa spreadsheet

maksi

Dec 25, 2011
Makati City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dadaem said:
Everyone, all who got their visas and others who are still waiting, goes through that stage. Even I went through that stage. But during the times that I'm not hearing any news from CIC, I taught myself to be calm and patient. If you have tracked your application kit, there should be a signature of the person who received your kit and you can view it online. If you are sure that you had everything filled out, all necessary documents are there, then do not worry too much. CIC gets tons of applications everyday and believe it or not, they go through each file like read the cards, look at the pictures, read all the documents you filled out. They go through every page/material you sent. It is true that sometimes unnecessary things happen but on a rare occasion. And if in case that happens, the CIC make amendments by putting your application in priority. I think I've read the situation of one member here who was waiting for approval but took a while to get it (the one you mentioned). His file wasn't misplaced. He forgot to sign some parts of the forms and he just assumed it was misplaced because the call center agents didn't give him a definite answer about his application. His application was returned to him and after reviewing his kit, he sent it back.

If first stage is stressful for you, then wait til you get to the second stage when your files are sent to CEM. It's even more stressful because some people get their visas in two weeks, some in two months. When your files get to CEM, the date your application was filed doesn't matter. Some who even filed later than you might get their visas before you get yours. So just relax. And breathe. You will eventually get what you want. You will eventually be with your spouse.

thanks dadaem...its really a big help..Your right... that they really read every details of the application even the e-mails, or chat conversation, picture details, etc...I have a friend who is processing visa to New Zealand and advised me about that. That's why we need to be more patient...... Time will come in Jesus Name. :)

dadaem

Aug 16, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 6, 2011
Med's Done....
Nov 8, 2011
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
Feb 24, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
July 17, 2012
LANDED..........
July 31, 2012
maksi said:
thanks dadaem...its really a big help..Your right... that they really read every details of the application even the e-mails, or chat conversation, picture details, etc...I have a friend who is processing visa to New Zealand and advised me about that. That's why we need to be more patient...... Time will come in Jesus Name. :)
You're welcome maksi. :)

pelipeli

Champion Member
Sep 30, 2011
Calgary Alberta CND
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 25, 2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
Sponsor approved: May 1,2012; file rcvd by CEM: May 8
Med's Done....
Dec 19,2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
sa wakas. March 7 na ang nakikita ko. ;D

sarsicola

Jan 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 30, 2012
File Transfer...
May 4, 2012
Med's Done....
Dec 22, 2011
Passport Req..
May 8, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
June 27, 2012
LANDED..........
Sept 2012
M

mimawski

pelipeli said:
the mail that they received was the AOR at first, then the sponsorship approval. if you refer to the January spreadsheet you will see that they just got sponsor approved 4 days ago so it seems impossible na DM applicant na siya =)

here is a sequence of events, assuming a complete application package (medicals have been done, fees have been paid fully, all forms are in order) for everyone's reference:

1. Application received by CIC

2. AOR is received after several weeks (if you are lucky to be sent one)

3. Sponsor approval after the number of days (which is an average) posted on the CIC website - "Sponsor DM" This is where you get a UCI which you can use to log into ecas

4. File Transfer to Visa Office - a few days after sponsor approval. Usually when you see "medical results have been received" that means your file is already at the Visa Office because they are the ones receiving medical results from the DMP's so it makes sense that they are the one making that update in ecas

5. PPR - average of two weeks to a month after file transfer. This is where you send your passport and other additional docs the CEM requests for.

6. After PPR, your file is reviewed . Usually ecas says "we started processing your application on___" A decision is made whether an interview is needed. Assuming that no interview is necessary;

7. You get a DM for applicant in ecas. Not considering that this is a rejection, it usually means approval of permanent residence - this is the "Applicant DM". This happens on an average of one to two months after PPR. Some very few lucky ones get theirs less than a month.

8. Then you get your VISA in the mail after a few days/ weeks
-then the seminars, then landing, then the rest is history =)

As per CIC website, steps 4 to 7 above takes an average of 9 MONTHS. The fastest I have seen so far is one month. Average nowadays take 2-4 months (not including sponsorship approval)

My estimate for our batch is we start getting Visas around April to May (for the earlier applicants) and May to June (for the latter ones) assuming that we ALL are processed on the "ACTUAL" average and not on the CIC posted average times (9 months), and assuming everyone doesn't encounter interviews, missing documents, unpaid RPRF's, etc etc.

I hope this have been helpful. you could always refer to spreadsheets of earlier batches to get a grasp on the actual average processing times so we could all manage our expectations accordingly =)

:D :D :D

hubby called to cic asking if he is approved to sponsor. the agent said that he was approved on the day he received the AOR thru email (March 5). i just checked his ecas today (March 9) and my name appears on in and says "in process" and "Medical results have been received"

does that mean our file is in manila now?

they did not bother to give us an approval letter, we just have the AOR.

Anyways you can always call CIC to ask on the status of your application if the expect days of approval have passed.

like what my husband did :p . but maybe we'll not gonna do the same thing with the CEM, i heard they have some issues with applicants calling frequently for updates. :p

abzqueen

Star Member
Mar 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-11-2011
Doc's Request.
08-02-2012
AOR Received.
19-01-2012
File Transfer...
25-01-2012
Med's Done....
20-09-2011
Passport Req..
08-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Inshaallah
LANDED..........
Inshaallah
maksi said:
For sure nextweek uulan ng updates.... :) :)
next week is OUR week.. :D

M

mimawski

nakatanngap na po si hubby ng approval letter by snail mail.

kau na po next ;D

abzqueen

Star Member
Mar 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-11-2011
Doc's Request.
08-02-2012
AOR Received.
19-01-2012
File Transfer...
25-01-2012
Med's Done....
20-09-2011
Passport Req..
08-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Inshaallah
LANDED..........
Inshaallah
mimawski said:
nakatanngap na po si hubby ng approval letter by snail mail.

kau na po next ;D
maybe in 2-3 weeks time mkkrecv k n ng PPR..

pelipeli

Champion Member
Sep 30, 2011
Calgary Alberta CND
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 25, 2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
Sponsor approved: May 1,2012; file rcvd by CEM: May 8
Med's Done....
Dec 19,2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
mimawski said:
hubby called to cic asking if he is approved to sponsor. the agent said that he was approved on the day he received the AOR thru email (March 5). i just checked his ecas today (March 9) and my name appears on in and says "in process" and "Medical results have been received"

does that mean our file is in manila now?

they did not bother to give us an approval letter, we just have the AOR.

Anyways you can always call CIC to ask on the status of your application if the expect days of approval have passed.

like what my husband did :p . but maybe we'll not gonna do the same thing with the CEM, i heard they have some issues with applicants calling frequently for updates. :p
well.. i sure hope so.. usually it takes a few days.. ur hubby can call CIC again and ask when the file was transferred to CEM. I think two of our batchmates have the info on when their file was transferred. =)
Yep, don't follow up with CEM until 9 months (updated processing time for stage 2) has passed =) again, as I replied thru PM, congrats mimawski on your sponsorship approval! =)