+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

JANUARY 2012 APPLICANTS - MANILA VISA OFFICE

M

mimawski

oh hindeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

last updated: march 7, 2012

55 days

(working on applications received on January 3, 2012)

pelipeli

Champion Member
Sep 30, 2011
Calgary Alberta CND
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 25, 2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
Sponsor approved: May 1,2012; file rcvd by CEM: May 8
Med's Done....
Dec 19,2011
Passport Req..
PPR date: May10, PPR rcvd: May16, PP sent: May 17 ,PP rcvd by CEM:May18
VISA ISSUED...
IP: Aug16, DM: Aug19 Visa Issue Date: August 16, 2012 Visa rcvd: Aug24
LANDED..........
September 20, 2012, PR card received Nov 23,2012
mimawski said:
oh hindeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

last updated: march 7, 2012

55 days

(working on applications received on January 3, 2012)
arrrghh i am still seeing Feb 29, can you believe it???

dadaem

Aug 16, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 6, 2011
Med's Done....
Nov 8, 2011
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
Feb 24, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
July 17, 2012
LANDED..........
July 31, 2012
pelipeli said:
arrrghh i am still seeing Feb 29, can you believe it???
relax lang. Masyado nyo na sini-stress mga sarili nyo. :) Darating din yung approvals. Di naman reliable ang e-cas at processing times na nakalagay sa website. Delayed pa nga yun ng one week eh. :D

pelipeli

Champion Member
Sep 30, 2011
Calgary Alberta CND
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 25, 2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
Sponsor approved: May 1,2012; file rcvd by CEM: May 8
Med's Done....
Dec 19,2011
Passport Req..
PPR date: May10, PPR rcvd: May16, PP sent: May 17 ,PP rcvd by CEM:May18
VISA ISSUED...
IP: Aug16, DM: Aug19 Visa Issue Date: August 16, 2012 Visa rcvd: Aug24
LANDED..........
September 20, 2012, PR card received Nov 23,2012
dadaem said:
relax lang. Masyado nyo na sini-stress mga sarili nyo. :) Darating din yung approvals. Di naman reliable ang e-cas at processing times na nakalagay sa website. Delayed pa nga yun ng one week eh. :D
thanks sis dadaem, but as much as my mind wants to relax and to trust, my heart is a lil paranoid. good for those who are in the finalization stages or have at least rceived an AOR , at least you all have assurances that they have your file and they are being processed already. its harder for us who dont have any word whatsoever yet coz we do not really know if they have our files. look at what happened to one member who was waiting for months for sponsorhip approval only to know na nawala / namisplace pala ung files nya. sayang ung oras na nagantay ka ng mga two months tapos ganun pala. i know that we shld trust the system pero hindi maiiwasan ang malas. kaya any kind of positive news (such as faster stage 1 processing update) would mean so much at this point, and any kind of negative news kahit as babaw as hindi pagupdate ng "weekly" update has a devastating effect. i know sometimes we all tend to be exagg or OA or panicky, i hope evryone undertands if we seem that way, im sure we will all be able to calm down as we go further into the process. for me? i know my heart will not stop being afraid of the littlest things until i have my hubby here with me. :)

abzqueen

Star Member
Mar 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-11-2011
Doc's Request.
08-02-2012
AOR Received.
19-01-2012
File Transfer...
25-01-2012
Med's Done....
20-09-2011
Passport Req..
08-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Inshaallah
LANDED..........
Inshaallah
dadaem said:
oo nga, may nbasa ako knina lng..nrcv nya visa nya march 3 tpos DM xa s ecas march 5..konting tiis nlng guys

petergriffin

Star Member
Mar 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-Jan-2012
AOR Received.
01-Mar-2012.. sponsor appr. 02-Mar-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
12-Mar-2012
Med's Done....
16-august-2011
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
12-Mar-2012.. letter recieve 30-Mar-2012 sent 12-Apr-2012
VISA ISSUED...
21-june-2012
LANDED..........
22-july-2012
hi my wife and i are fellow january applicants also. im glad we found the forums and other timelines to have an idea of the processing times and realize we are not alone in the stress and nervousness and excitement while waiting.

if anyone is curious our timeline is as follows

fedex application to Mississauga jan 5th
received file jan 9th
recieved email confirming mar 1st
decision made mar 2nd

its seems we find out about things a week after it happens lol......not sure if decision made means i am aproved as sponsor or not but it says they sent a letter in the mail so i guess will find out in a week or 2 :D

abzqueen

Star Member
Mar 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-11-2011
Doc's Request.
08-02-2012
AOR Received.
19-01-2012
File Transfer...
25-01-2012
Med's Done....
20-09-2011
Passport Req..
08-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Inshaallah
LANDED..........
Inshaallah
petergriffin said:
hi my wife and i are fellow january applicants also. im glad we found the forums and other timelines to have an idea of the processing times and realize we are not alone in the stress and nervousness and excitement while waiting.

if anyone is curious our timeline is as follows

fedex application to Mississauga jan 5th
received file jan 9th
recieved email confirming mar 1st
decision made mar 2nd

its seems we find out about things a week after it happens lol......not sure if decision made means i am aproved as sponsor or not but it says they sent a letter in the mail so i guess will find out in a week or 2 :D
have you checked your email.. probably they have already sent you an email regarding the result of the sponsor application..

petergriffin

Star Member
Mar 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-Jan-2012
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
12-Mar-2012
Med's Done....
16-august-2011
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
21-june-2012
LANDED..........
22-july-2012
ya we checked the email but nothing yet and i called home to canada to have a family member check my mailbox but nothing there either yet :( with the previouse email from cic they sent it to our consultant first than she forwarded to us so i am assuming like always we will be the last to know lol

anyway this has been a 2 year process for us getting the annulment and other paperwork for the kids done in the phils so a week doesnt seem too bad i was also told we got 2 feet of snow at home this week so would be a huge shock to my wife to come to a new country and than have to shovel all that snow :p

abzqueen

Star Member
Mar 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-11-2011
Doc's Request.
08-02-2012
AOR Received.
19-01-2012
File Transfer...
25-01-2012
Med's Done....
20-09-2011
Passport Req..
08-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Inshaallah
LANDED..........
Inshaallah
petergriffin said:
ya we checked the email but nothing yet and i called home to canada to have a family member check my mailbox but nothing there either yet :( with the previouse email from cic they sent it to our consultant first than she forwarded to us so i am assuming like always we will be the last to know lol

anyway this has been a 2 year process for us getting the annulment and other paperwork for the kids done in the phils so a week doesnt seem too bad i was also told we got 2 feet of snow at home this week so would be a huge shock to my wife to come to a new country and than have to shovel all that snow :p
probably the email was sent to your consultant also..have you made contact with them recently?in our case my wife received the email before the DM status on the website was posted, so better check with your consultant if they have received the email

petergriffin

Star Member
Mar 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-Jan-2012
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
12-Mar-2012
Med's Done....
16-august-2011
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
21-june-2012
LANDED..........
22-july-2012
abzqueen said:
probably the email was sent to your consultant also..have you made contact with them recently?in our case my wife received the email before the DM status on the website was posted, so better check with your consultant if they have received the email
cool and thanks for the advice abz :)

if not for finding this website and forums we really thought the regular processing times were 9 or 10 months in manila office so we were planning on everything for a december or january visa.....now i find out it can be done as soon as june or july for us and that changes everything soooooooo much for the better if it is done that soon.

dadaem

Aug 16, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 6, 2011
Med's Done....
Nov 8, 2011
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
Feb 24, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
July 17, 2012
LANDED..........
July 31, 2012
@petergriffin.

No offense meant, but your name reminds me of a cartoon show, Family Guy. :) I just happen to love that show. :D

abzqueen

Star Member
Mar 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-11-2011
Doc's Request.
08-02-2012
AOR Received.
19-01-2012
File Transfer...
25-01-2012
Med's Done....
20-09-2011
Passport Req..
08-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Inshaallah
LANDED..........
Inshaallah
petergriffin said:
cool and thanks for the advice abz :)

if not for finding this website and forums we really thought the regular processing times were 9 or 10 months in manila office so we were planning on everything for a december or january visa.....now i find out it can be done as soon as june or july for us and that changes everything soooooooo much for the better if it is done that soon.
goodluck with the application and lets all hope for the best..

petergriffin

Star Member
Mar 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-Jan-2012
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
12-Mar-2012
Med's Done....
16-august-2011
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
21-june-2012
LANDED..........
22-july-2012
dadaem said:
@ petergriffin.

No offense meant, but your name reminds me of a cartoon show, Family Guy. :) I just happen to love that show. :D
giggitty giggity goo :D

dadaem

Aug 16, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 6, 2011
Med's Done....
Nov 8, 2011
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
Feb 24, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
July 17, 2012
LANDED..........
July 31, 2012
pelipeli said:
thanks sis dadaem, but as much as my mind wants to relax and to trust, my heart is a lil paranoid. good for those who are in the finalization stages or have at least rceived an AOR , at least you all have assurances that they have your file and they are being processed already. its harder for us who dont have any word whatsoever yet coz we do not really know if they have our files. look at what happened to one member who was waiting for months for sponsorhip approval only to know na nawala / namisplace pala ung files nya. sayang ung oras na nagantay ka ng mga two months tapos ganun pala. i know that we shld trust the system pero hindi maiiwasan ang malas. kaya any kind of positive news (such as faster stage 1 processing update) would mean so much at this point, and any kind of negative news kahit as babaw as hindi pagupdate ng "weekly" update has a devastating effect. i know sometimes we all tend to be exagg or OA or panicky, i hope evryone undertands if we seem that way, im sure we will all be able to calm down as we go further into the process. for me? i know my heart will not stop being afraid of the littlest things until i have my hubby here with me. :)
Everyone, all who got their visas and others who are still waiting, goes through that stage. Even I went through that stage. But during the times that I'm not hearing any news from CIC, I taught myself to be calm and patient. If you have tracked your application kit, there should be a signature of the person who received your kit and you can view it online. If you are sure that you had everything filled out, all necessary documents are there, then do not worry too much. CIC gets tons of applications everyday and believe it or not, they go through each file like read the cards, look at the pictures, read all the documents you filled out. They go through every page/material you sent. It is true that sometimes unnecessary things happen but on a rare occasion. And if in case that happens, the CIC make amendments by putting your application in priority. I think I've read the situation of one member here who was waiting for approval but took a while to get it (the one you mentioned). His file wasn't misplaced. He forgot to sign some parts of the forms and he just assumed it was misplaced because the call center agents didn't give him a definite answer about his application. His application was returned to him and after reviewing his kit, he sent it back.

If first stage is stressful for you, then wait til you get to the second stage when your files are sent to CEM. It's even more stressful because some people get their visas in two weeks, some in two months. When your files get to CEM, the date your application was filed doesn't matter. Some who even filed later than you might get their visas before you get yours. So just relax. And breathe. You will eventually get what you want. You will eventually be with your spouse.

abzqueen

Star Member
Mar 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-11-2011
Doc's Request.
08-02-2012
AOR Received.
19-01-2012
File Transfer...
25-01-2012
Med's Done....
20-09-2011
Passport Req..
08-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Inshaallah
LANDED..........
Inshaallah
dadaem said:
Everyone, all who got their visas and others who are still waiting, goes through that stage. Even I went through that stage. But during the times that I'm not hearing any news from CIC, I taught myself to be calm and patient. If you have tracked your application kit, there should be a signature of the person who received your kit and you can view it online. If you are sure that you had everything filled out, all necessary documents are there, then do not worry too much. CIC gets tons of applications everyday and believe it or not, they go through each file like read the cards, look at the pictures, read all the documents you filled out. They go through every page/material you sent. It is true that sometimes unnecessary things happen but on a rare occasion. And if in case that happens, the CIC make amendments by putting your application in priority. I think I've read the situation of one member here who was waiting for approval but took a while to get it (the one you mentioned). His file wasn't misplaced. He forgot to sign some parts of the forms and he just assumed it was misplaced because the call center agents didn't give him a definite answer about his application. His application was returned to him and after reviewing his kit, he sent it back.

If first stage is stressful for you, then wait til you get to the second stage when your files are sent to CEM. It's even more stressful because some people get their visas in two weeks, some in two months. When your files get to CEM, the date your application was filed doesn't matter. Some who even filed later than you might get their visas before you get yours. So just relax. And breathe. You will eventually get what you want. You will eventually be with your spouse.
very calming..tnx for this.. :D