Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
liuminparis said:
Great! I am only worrying that going through legal process will take too long?
I'm looking for help from current members. We'll publicize this as much as we can...
Dr Eng X said:
Hi Ana_Mo
The guys are submiting a petition I know that you have passed this stage but we are looking for your legal assistance.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/january-2012-applicants-join-here-t92925.1395.html

I am sure a lot of others will appreciate your help and assistance...

alf+jlh

Aug 28, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 6, 2012
AOR Received.
CIC-M:Feb 21, 2012
File Transfer...
Mar 21, 2012
Med's Done....
Dec 16, 2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
June 14, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
July 13, 2012
LANDED..........
July 26, 2012
I for sure think you need to post this in e main board,,, this is where you will get the most hits.

Good luck!

madmtl

Mar 5, 2012
liuminparis said:
below is the link of online petition I have created. I plan to post this as a new topic in the forum so more people can see it.

Please have a look on the content and give me some suggestion and modification before I post it to the whole forum. All kinds of suggestions are welcome ;)

http://www.change.org/petitions/jason-kenney-minister-of-citizenship-immigration-and-multiculturalism-improve-cic-s-poor-practice-in-dealing-with-immigration-applications-2

Thanks
Good job, thank you Liumin!

pelipeli

Champion Member
Sep 30, 2011
Calgary Alberta CND
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 25, 2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
Sponsor approved: May 1,2012; file rcvd by CEM: May 8
Med's Done....
Dec 19,2011
Passport Req..
PPR date: May10, PPR rcvd: May16, PP sent: May 17 ,PP rcvd by CEM:May18
VISA ISSUED...
IP: Aug16, DM: Aug19 Visa Issue Date: August 16, 2012 Visa rcvd: Aug24
LANDED..........
September 20, 2012, PR card received Nov 23,2012
Ok, so I just called CIC, and the agent I talked to was rather unclear. She said they are still working on applications beginning of January. I told her, why still beginning of January when your website says January 25? Then she says they are working on apps received around January 20th now. I made her repeat it just to be sure, and she said applications received January 20, 21, 22 23, 24 25.
I therefore conclude that the info on the website is so not true and very misleading.

-FIREFLY-

Star Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-JAN-2012
AOR Received.
07-MAR-2012
File Transfer...
19-MAR-2012
Med's Done....
08-NOV-2011
Passport Req..
20-MAY-2012
VISA ISSUED...
03-JUN-2012
LANDED..........
13-JUN-2012
I was FINALLY able to send a fax to Mississauga just now. Phew! I spent all day yesterday dialing that number and it just never answered. I even called to let them know there was a problem with the fax machine and they insisted there couldn't be, because they'd have been informed about it immediately. LOL

So can I just ask. What fees did you all include with your initial sponsorship application?

Bobbi

Jan 25, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-01-2012
AOR Received.
04-06-2012
File Transfer...
09-05-2012
Med's Done....
28-02-2012
Passport Req..
11-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
18-09-2012
I did the same thing I do everyday around this time, called CIC-M. I was told the same thing as I am told everday, you're application is not yet in the system (surprise!). I told them it has been nearly 3 weeks of me calling consecutively, and nearly 3 weeks that the CIC website has not been accurately updated to reflect what they are truly working on! I asked what is a realistic AOR date for people who applied end of January, he said beginning of April.
I laugh when I ask, because I know these agents actually have no clue and say whatever comes to mind.
This is beyond depressing...I have absolutely no hope left :(

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
Mississauga: May 10, Mexico: June 4
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
-FIREFLY- said:
I was FINALLY able to send a fax to Mississauga just now. Phew! I spent all day yesterday dialing that number and it just never answered. I even called to let them know there was a problem with the fax machine and they insisted there couldn't be, because they'd have been informed about it immediately. LOL

So can I just ask. What fees did you all include with your initial sponsorship application?
We paid all the fees up front. I think it was $1040? The paperwork said if you didn't pay all the fees at the beginning, it would delay the application.

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
Mississauga: May 10, Mexico: June 4
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
pelipeli said:
Ok, so I just called CIC, and the agent I talked to was rather unclear. She said they are still working on applications beginning of January. I told her, why still beginning of January when your website says January 25? Then she says they are working on apps received around January 20th now. I made her repeat it just to be sure, and she said applications received January 20, 21, 22 23, 24 25.
I therefore conclude that the info on the website is so not true and very misleading.
Interesting. But Jan 15 people still don't have any communication. Seems like these people just make it up.

madmtl

Mar 5, 2012
Bobbi said:
I did the same thing I do everyday around this time, called CIC-M. I was told the same thing as I am told everday, you're application is not yet in the system (surprise!). I told them it has been nearly 3 weeks of me calling consecutively, and nearly 3 weeks that the CIC website has not been accurately updated to reflect what they are truly working on! I asked what is a realistic AOR date for people who applied end of January, he said beginning of April.
I laugh when I ask, because I know these agents actually have no clue and say whatever comes to mind.
This is why you all must sign the petition:
http://www.change.org/petitions/jason-kenney-minister-of-citizenship-immigration-and-multiculturalism-improve-cic-s-poor-practice-in-dealing-with-immigration-applications-2

-FIREFLY-

Star Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-JAN-2012
AOR Received.
07-MAR-2012
File Transfer...
19-MAR-2012
Med's Done....
08-NOV-2011
Passport Req..
20-MAY-2012
VISA ISSUED...
03-JUN-2012
LANDED..........
13-JUN-2012
Bobbi said:
Hey don't let this get you down. I spent sooooo much time and energy focusing on waiting for approval when I could have been doing really important stuff to prepare for my "landing"... try to focus on that stuff. That's the stuff that will make your transition to being Canadian a success. Look for friends. Look for jobs. Figure out what neighbourhoods you like... Google maps is great for that. Even though this step seems like such a huge deal, it's really just the beginning. Moving to a new country is a huge deal. (I should know... I've immigrated to several countries.) Start by figuring out what grocery store you'd like to shop at, or what gym you'd like to go to. You'd be amazed at how different all of this will be to what you're used to! Cheer up. You have a whole new life on the horizon! :)

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
11-2011 (extended until 11-2013)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
07-2013 (DONE - thank u all :):):))
Bobbi said:
if u or me have no more hope than what abt madmtl or avocadoandcheese or others?! we need to be strong!! this will pass too :) i think it's meant for the letter to b dipped in chocolate with an Easter bunny on the side ;)

firefly we paid 1040 (we paid the right of PR fee upfront)....75+475 (these r the application fees) + 490 (the right of PR fee)...i don't think u pay this fee when u enter as a tourist so not sure what u paid before....if u pay it upfront u might avoid some delay during the process....if not, it's ok, when they need it they will ask, as they did for u :)

Bobbi

Jan 25, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-01-2012
AOR Received.
04-06-2012
File Transfer...
09-05-2012
Med's Done....
28-02-2012
Passport Req..
11-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
18-09-2012
Hi FIREFLY :)

I am the sponsor :) So, I'm just focusing on the actual sponsorship approval at this point. I'm in Canada and waiting for my spouse at this point...
Thanks for the cheer up though :)

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
11-2011 (extended until 11-2013)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
07-2013 (DONE - thank u all :):):))
-FIREFLY- said:
Hey don't let this get you down. I spent sooooo much time and energy focusing on waiting for approval when I could have been doing really important stuff to prepare for my "landing"... try to focus on that stuff. That's the stuff that will make your transition to being Canadian a success. Look for friends. Look for jobs. Figure out what neighbourhoods you like... Google maps is great for that. Even though this step seems like such a huge deal, it's really just the beginning. Moving to a new country is a huge deal. (I should know... I've immigrated to several countries.) Start by figuring out what grocery store you'd like to shop at, or what gym you'd like to go to. You'd be amazed at how different all of this will be to what you're used to! Cheer up. You have a whole new life on the horizon! :)
yeeees that's the best advice :) but in a way, i feel we r all in standby until we get something....after that, we know we r in the system so we should live our lifes in parallel with this and prepare for our new life in Canada ;) there r really soo many things to do and think abt....u can start searching for job before, get diploma equivalences (enroll in some courses if needed) and of course see what things u take with u and what things u leave behind ;)

-FIREFLY-

Star Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-JAN-2012
AOR Received.
07-MAR-2012
File Transfer...
19-MAR-2012
Med's Done....
08-NOV-2011
Passport Req..
20-MAY-2012
VISA ISSUED...
03-JUN-2012
LANDED..........
13-JUN-2012
Bobbi said:
Hi FIREFLY :)

I am the sponsor :) So, I'm just focusing on the actual sponsorship approval at this point. I'm in Canada and waiting for my spouse at this point...
Thanks for the cheer up though :)
Oh! Well then my best suggestion is to just focus on your relationship and making it happy and strong. Your spouse will have a lot to adjust to, so perhaps start making a list of fun things you can introduce them to. :)