waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
07-2013 (DONE - thank u all :):):))
cgagnon said:
People from February are receiving their sponsorship approval on these forums...really weird in 22 days none the less this is making me wonder if I should have applied as a sponsor in french maybe the backlog is not as big..... This is sooo frustating!
ooooh that's good point!!!!!! it didn't cross my mind either :-\ i used to think all officers should be billingual and it shouldn't matter but it looks not :-\ oooh well what's done it's done :)

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
missmini said:
actually me too i read abt 2 cases on this forum: one sent at the beginning of Jan, got AOR at the end of Jan and then a few days later the approval...her only reasoning why it took faster (i asked) was that she was re-sending the file so maybe they already had made a file in the system for her with client id etc (although what i know is that if the file is incomplete they just return it without any process at all)....second case he said they applied also in Jan got even AOR from Buffalo which means they were approved a few weeks ago!!!! hmm r we really all so special with complicated exceptional cases :eek: :eek: :eek:

(sorry i don't remember their names, but i read it in the past week)

mightymuffin, where r u? :) all good? any news since u got the AOR...do share!!!

(it could also b that they r having new system and it takes longer to get used and make it work (it's probably slow and buggy); i know the inland office had this problem last year)

good luck all!!! :) stay sane!!! it will b over!!! :)
I am trying to stay sane!! Was the other case French speaking!!

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
11-2011 (extended until 11-2013)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
Dr Eng X said:
i think not!!!! the buffalo one the sponsor is from alberta so almost for sure not!!! and the other one, i don't know but i don't think so....the applicant is from non-French speaking country (maybe Singapore VO, noooot sure)....maybe the sponsor is from QC but even so it doesn't mean they filled in the forms in French....i'm from QC but still i filled in English (it was easier for me and also i wanted everything to be clear for both of us)....it's ok....stay sane....once the stage one is done and it reaches the VO it could b much worse....here we count weeks, there we'll count months!!! ::) but maybe now the roles inversed ;)

madmtl

Mar 5, 2012
Dr Eng X said:
french or english, it has nothing to do with that; I am french speaking, and i m still waiting since jan 11. others got their approval in few weeks!

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
11-2011 (extended until 11-2013)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
madmtl said:
french or english, it has nothing to do with that; I am french speaking, and i m still waiting since jan 11. others got their approval in few weeks!
hiii madmtl welcome :) but did u write the forms in French or English? oooh u, me and i think one more member here, we also need the approval letter / email like water (not just confirmation over the phone)...no approval no application for CSQ and the VO will probably not start anything....i already have everything for CSQ ready (just need to print and sign)....hope we won't wait forever....good luck!!!!

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
Mississauga: May 10, Mexico: June 4
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
Anyone have the December spreadsheet link?

ocanadaguy

Star Member
Jan 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-1-2012
AOR Received.
07-09-2012
Med's Done....
31-10-2011
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgKl55KGxKRrdF8tX1ZZZUJqdzc4WlNoN0hjT0VueXc&hl=en_GB#gid=0
there's the link.. it's in my favourites :)

madmtl

Mar 5, 2012
missmini said:
hiii madmtl welcome :) but did u write the forms in French or English? oooh u, me and i think one more member here, we also need the approval letter / email like water (not just confirmation over the phone)...no approval no application for CSQ and the VO will probably not start anything....i already have everything for CSQ ready (just need to print and sign)....hope we won't wait forever....good luck!!!!
Yes it was in french. as you said, we need the approval for CSQ; good luck!

v4x

Star Member
May 3, 2010
Thanks Amira, I did put the post code.Thanks for saying that:)

amira_mais said:
Hello, v4x:

I believe the full street address is:

Sponsorship (Spousal)
Case Processing Centre - Mississauga
2 Robert Speck Parkway, Suite 1200
Mississauga, ON L4Z 1H8

Did you put the postal code as well? Shouldn't be a big deal if you didn't but good if you did. From what I understand of processing centres, the "Sponsorship (Spousal)" part is important to make sure your package is promptly routed to the right office so hopefully you had that on there...

We all feel your frustration and worry. CIC isn't inspiring a lot of confidence in their efficiency but don't despair just yet. They're obviously running way behind schedule so most likely that's what's causing your delay. Hoping for the best for you. :)

v4x

Star Member
May 3, 2010
Hi, welcome to the group. The agent told me that Robert Speck is a large place containing so many different departments,could be misplaced or so, but I still feel that it has been delayed...like your name, hope for the best.

hope12 said:
Hi I am new here I have been reading the posts lately and finally decided to join the group as I am in the same situation. If that makes you feel better 4vx, our application was submitted on January 13th via Fedex and received at CIC on January 16th. I have called last week to check and make sure that they have our file and was told that there was nothing in the system either and that they would send a message to Mississauga to try to locate our package...

Pen

Star Member
Mar 26, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 23, 2012
File Transfer...
May 4, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2012
Passport Req..
May 8, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 15, 2012
LANDED..........
Sep 22, 2012
this is painful..I wonder if there is any benefits to calling? like if i don't call is it gonna stay on the shelf forever until I call?

I'm on 64 days now..whenever the spreadsheet owner have the chance can you please update me in the spreadsheet? my VO is Manila. thanks.

alf+jlh

Aug 28, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 6, 2012
AOR Received.
CIC-M:Feb 21, 2012
File Transfer...
Mar 21, 2012
Med's Done....
Dec 16, 2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
June 14, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
July 13, 2012
LANDED..........
July 26, 2012
Pen said:
this is painful..I wonder if there is any benefits to calling? like if i don't call is it gonna stay on the shelf forever until I call?

I'm on 64 days now..whenever the spreadsheet owner have the chance can you please update me in the spreadsheet? my VO is Manila. thanks.
That'd be me....I was with for the members who don't have a completed info to contact me with their additional info...I'll update soon!

It would not hurt to call at all....but the more recent notices have been to those of us waiting 70 days or longer. I'd call...each time you are sure to speak to someone different. In fact, I felt that the rudest person I had spoken to out of the 3 different calls I had made was the person that confirmed my sponsorship approval...go figure. The others were really nice and gave me hope that everything was alright it that I still needed to wait my turn.

My suggestion again to everyone, that would be everyone from January now to start calling... We all have meetings at work right, to discuss what's going on and how we can improve....e call centre people are sure to provide feedback to their supperiors on the majority of their calls. Who knows it might get whatever ball they are using on the roll!

Amoss

Feb 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-01-2012
AOR Received.
10-03-2012
File Transfer...
to Buffalo 20-03-2012 -- to LA 08-05-02012
Med's Done....
20-12-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08-08-2012
I wonder what happened to avocadoandcheese? I sure hope they got some good news!

No word yet from Buffalo for us, but I am still riding the sponsorship approval wave! :D

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
Mississauga: May 10, Mexico: June 4
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
ocanadaguy said:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgKl55KGxKRrdF8tX1ZZZUJqdzc4WlNoN0hjT0VueXc&hl=en_GB#gid=0
there's the link.. it's in my favourites :)
They had it pretty good in December!

-FIREFLY-

Star Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-JAN-2012
AOR Received.
07-MAR-2012
File Transfer...
19-MAR-2012
Med's Done....
08-NOV-2011
Passport Req..
20-MAY-2012
VISA ISSUED...
03-JUN-2012
LANDED..........
13-JUN-2012
Our letter of sponsorship approval arrived today, 27 March. Dated 19 March but postmarked 20 March. Nice to have something on paper. :)