Nov 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
abu dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
may 2014
My husband called a while back and the agent on the phone said that she'd personally spoken to around 30 people who had mailed in their applications in mid january, but hadn't received any confirmation yet so it's some holdup in their mississauga office. She also said that the hold up appears to be in their updating the files, as in, they receive the applications and open them and check them out, but it can take up to two weeks to create a computer file for them. She said to call again next week by when things should be updated.

*pulls hair out*

iacrossnation

Star Member
Mar 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan. 18, 2012
AOR Received.
Apr. 4, 2012
File Transfer...
Apr. 4, 2012
Med's Done....
Dec. 10, 2011
whizbee said:
My husband called a while back and the agent on the phone said that she'd personally spoken to around 30 people who had mailed in their applications in mid january, but hadn't received any confirmation yet so it's some holdup in their mississauga office. She also said that the hold up appears to be in their updating the files, as in, they receive the applications and open them and check them out, but it can take up to two weeks to create a computer file for them. She said to call again next week by when things should be updated.

*pulls hair out*
Thanks for your info. Sounds like seasonality with high volume for application as everyone returns from new year vacations.

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
according to CIC agent on why this huge difference in cases at this step (sponsorship approval):
- dependents or not...
- the sponsored is separated, divorced,....
- the sponsor is not working...
-

iacrossnation

Star Member
Mar 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan. 18, 2012
AOR Received.
Apr. 4, 2012
File Transfer...
Apr. 4, 2012
Med's Done....
Dec. 10, 2011
Dr Eng X said:
according to CIC agent on why this huge difference in cases at this step (sponsorship approval):
- dependents or not...
-
I feel call centre agents' responses are useless and those thoughts just their thoughts, may be not real. My understanding Mississauga office is to deal with sponsor's financial criteria, if it's legit, how many dependents or marriage history, it's local visa office's responsibility. Anyway, we will see, hope Mississauga has some progressess in this week for the second half of Jan. applications.

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
iacrossnation said:
I feel call centre agents' responses are useless and those thoughts just their thoughts, may be not real.
I agree on this
however
iacrossnation said:
My understanding Mississauga office is to deal with sponsor's financial criteria, if it's legit, how many dependents or marriage history, it's local visa office's responsibility. Anyway, we will see, hope Mississauga has some progressess in this week for the second half of Jan. applications.
At 1st step
-They check if the sponsor is eligible and that includes:
financial requirement if there dependents
married or separated or had previous committments
working or not...how would you support your sponsored...

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
Mississauga: May 10, Mexico: June 4
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
Dr Eng X said:
- dependents or not...
-
It makes sense that cases take a different amount of time to be approved. Different officer, different amount of paperwork, unique situations, etc. But they clearly have a backlog as it is taking much longer to approve than several weeks ago. I also think people are already approved but their computer system is a mess and people are not getting emails.

avocadosandcheese

Star Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Ottawa/LA???
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan-05-2012
AOR Received.
Never.
File Transfer...
March-28-2012...supposedly
Med's Done....
August-15-2011
Passport Req..
June-27-2012
VISA ISSUED...
July-5-2012
LANDED..........
July-25-2012
-FIREFLY- said:
Now I wonder whats become of poor avocadosandcheese at 81 days and counting.

AH I am just catching up on here!! I just looked at the spreadsheet, and am really worried now! We were the first ones for Buffalo in January and many of you after us have been approved! MANY CONGRATS! But I am worried. We called twice last week and they told us that there was only a "partial record" for me and they couldn't find my husband. They said they sent a message to Mississauga to check. I think we will call today or tomorrow again. :(

avocadosandcheese

Star Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Ottawa/LA???
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan-05-2012
AOR Received.
Never.
File Transfer...
March-28-2012...supposedly
Med's Done....
August-15-2011
Passport Req..
June-27-2012
VISA ISSUED...
July-5-2012
LANDED..........
July-25-2012
avocadosandcheese said:
AH I am just catching up on here!! I just looked at the spreadsheet, and am really worried now! We were the first ones for Buffalo in January and many of you after us have been approved! MANY CONGRATS! But I am worried. We called twice last week and they told us that there was only a "partial record" for me and they couldn't find my husband. They said they sent a message to Mississauga to check. I think we will call today or tomorrow again. :(
Just called again and they said that the file looks complete, but there is no update on it. She said she will send another message to Mississauga and we should call back in 1-3 months.

v4x

Star Member
May 3, 2010
We submitted our application on Jan 16 by Fedex, showing received and signed on Jan17. I called CIC agent today, they couldn't find my file on their system!!!! I am shocked and so sad, we put so much effort on it,all our original documents!! They said that they sent an request to Missisugua to search our file and asked me to call back in 2 to 3 weeks...I was working and all of sudden I lost my focus and almost cry...Me and my husband had already separated for 5 months...now two months wasted...

I hope we all will get through.
Now I even think delay is okay for me,but don't get my file lost. I am so helpless...
The address I put is 2 ROBERT SPECK PARKWAY SUITE 1200
MISSISSAUGA, CASE PROCESSING CENTER

is it correct???
thanks!

whizbee said:

*pulls hair out*

amira_mais

Aug 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
alf+jlh said:
Who wants to hear my good news???

APPROVED, APPROVED, APPROVED!
So happy for you, Amanda! What a huge relief this must be for you! Great start to the week!

alf+jlh

Aug 28, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 6, 2012
AOR Received.
CIC-M:Feb 21, 2012
File Transfer...
Mar 21, 2012
Med's Done....
Dec 16, 2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
June 14, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
July 13, 2012
LANDED..........
July 26, 2012
avocadosandcheese said:
Just called again and they said that the file looks complete, but there is no update on it. She said she will send another message to Mississauga and we should call back in 1-3 months.
Honestly, call back tomorrow! Like I told the agent today, I would never wait another month!

amira_mais

Aug 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
v4x said:
We submitted our application on Jan 16 by Fedex, showing received and signed on Jan17. I called CIC agent today, they couldn't find my file on their system!!!! I am shocked and so sad, we put so much effort on it,all our original documents!! They said that they sent an request to Missisugua to search our file and asked me to call back in 2 to 3 weeks...I was working and all of sudden I lost my focus and almost cry...Me and my husband had already separated for 5 months...now two months wasted...

Now I even think delay is okay for me,but don't get my file lost. I am so helpless...

is it correct???
thanks!
Hello, v4x:

I believe the full street address is:

Sponsorship (Spousal)
Case Processing Centre - Mississauga
2 Robert Speck Parkway, Suite 1200
Mississauga, ON L4Z 1H8

Did you put the postal code as well? Shouldn't be a big deal if you didn't but good if you did. From what I understand of processing centres, the "Sponsorship (Spousal)" part is important to make sure your package is promptly routed to the right office so hopefully you had that on there...

We all feel your frustration and worry. CIC isn't inspiring a lot of confidence in their efficiency but don't despair just yet. They're obviously running way behind schedule so most likely that's what's causing your delay. Hoping for the best for you. :)

amira_mais

Aug 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
whizbee said:

*pulls hair out*
Thanks for the update, that's more info than I was ever able to get out of any of the 7 agents I've spoken to.

ocanadaguy

Star Member
Jan 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-1-2012
AOR Received.
07-09-2012
Med's Done....
31-10-2011
missmini said:
ocanadaguy, did u try to call them?? ??? maybe at least to tell u they have it there!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: all our group is almost passed their 55 days!!!!! :mad: :mad:

i hope u get some good news before ur days off ;)
I squeezed in a call during my break, quickly got through... still nothing in their system! this is nuts... I don't know but maybe I should just drive down to Robert Speck Drive or place.. whatever it is and talk to the secretary about this and give my info and tracking number.. They sent an email about my problem to CIC and they still haven't even read it.. This is really bothering me... My wife is coming out in mid june and if this thing isn't done.. i have to get round trip tickets.. instead of just one way. And also.. I just want to get this thing over with... our 2nd anniversary is 3 weeks away and still.. we haven't even properly lived together... makes me very sad... I'm gonna call them up tomorrow and might just drive down on wednesday to give that info that the email has. it's only a 40 minute drive from my place. I just don't know. our whole group is going through crazy things all of a sudden... If something drastic changed at CIC, they should post it on the website (then we'd at least understand).

hope12

Mar 26, 2012
v4x said:

is it correct???
thanks!
Hi I am new here I have been reading the posts lately and finally decided to join the group as I am in the same situation. If that makes you feel better 4vx, our application was submitted on January 13th via Fedex and received at CIC on January 16th. I have called last week to check and make sure that they have our file and was told that there was nothing in the system either and that they would send a message to Mississauga to try to locate our package...