Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
alf+jlh said:
so now I encourage everyone to call if you have a client ID and if you are around the 2 month mark or if your app was delivered on or after jan25.

Happy weekend everyone..Im off to niagara falls for so e st.pattys day festivities! Cheers!
you mean on or before jan 25

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
-FIREFLY- said:
But I'm also relieved measures are being taken to protect our (soon to be) fellow Canadians. This could also explain why our applications are taking longer than expected... as they are now going over apps with an even finer toothed comb. I read some very sad stories about Canadians who had been used for PR and apparently there are some advocate resources available to help identify if you're being dooped and what you can do if you have been dooped. I'm not saying anyone here is in that boat, only that there IS help available if you ever discovered you were. Apparently THOUSANDS of marriage / immigration scams are pulled every year. To ward against that, all new PRs are now inelligible to sponsor a new spouse for the first 5 years of PR, and in April they expect to make all new spouse PRs conditional to a successful marriage for the two years following PR approval.
This is not a new thing at all...it is NOT also an excuse for immigration to take those long times to process applications. I do blame the current government. Our country could have been better in many regards had we have a government that works for Canadians, had we have a government that loved their citizens, their future, their families ... why can not I see positive changes? why can not Canada be the best in research, development, science,.... hopes and dreams

-FIREFLY-

Star Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-JAN-2012
AOR Received.
07-MAR-2012
File Transfer...
19-MAR-2012
Med's Done....
08-NOV-2011
Passport Req..
20-MAY-2012
VISA ISSUED...
03-JUN-2012
LANDED..........
13-JUN-2012
Hi Dr Eng X :)

I am confused by your signature "6 months in love" as I thought I read you are "common law" not married. Appologies if I'm misremembering. Do you know you have to live together for 1 year to be common-law?

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
-FIREFLY- said:
Hi Dr Eng X :)

I am confused by your signature "6 months in love" as I thought I read you are "common law" not married. Appologies if I'm misremembering. Do you know you have to live together for 1 year to be common-law?
I am married and knew my wife before I fell in Love with her. Regarding what you read I was saying the same thing you just said. I believe this is what you are refering to:
Dr Eng X said:
1 year is for common law relation but not for married.

alf+jlh

Aug 28, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 6, 2012
AOR Received.
CIC-M:Feb 21, 2012
File Transfer...
Mar 21, 2012
Med's Done....
Dec 16, 2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
June 14, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
July 13, 2012
LANDED..........
July 26, 2012
Yes sorry...on or before.

-FIREFLY-

Star Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-JAN-2012
AOR Received.
07-MAR-2012
File Transfer...
19-MAR-2012
Med's Done....
08-NOV-2011
Passport Req..
20-MAY-2012
VISA ISSUED...
03-JUN-2012
LANDED..........
13-JUN-2012
Dr Eng X said:
This is not a new thing at all...it is NOT also an excuse for immigration to take those long times to process applications. I do blame the current government. Our country could have been better in many regards had we have a government that works for Canadians, had we have a government loved their citizens, their future, families ... why can not I see positive changes? why Canada can not be the best in research, development, science,.... hopes and dreams
I do agree there are a lot of problems with the system. I for one think open work permits should be available to all spouse applicants, not just inland... so that financial restraints don't keep families apart or impose financial burdons on those who choose to join their family but aren't permitted to work. I'm also dissapointed to read that immigration is cutting jobs to meet a reduced budget. Jobs are a GOOD thing. We need more jobs, not fewer.

-FIREFLY-

Star Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-JAN-2012
AOR Received.
07-MAR-2012
File Transfer...
19-MAR-2012
Med's Done....
08-NOV-2011
Passport Req..
20-MAY-2012
VISA ISSUED...
03-JUN-2012
LANDED..........
13-JUN-2012
Dr Eng X said:
I am married and knew my wife before I fell in Love with her. Regarding what you read I was saying the same thing you just said. I believe this is what you are refering to:
My mistake. Yes, thats true. Marriage has no time minimum currently. Though they expect to change this on April 9th... where relationships of less than 2years will receive a probational residence rather than permanant residence.

nanipanjakadi

Star Member
Sep 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NewDelhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12th Jan 2012
AOR Received.
10th March 2012
File Transfer...
15th March2012(Approved)
Med's Done....
Some where in Nov2011
Interview........
NO
Passport Req..
28th March-2012, ND received PP on April2nd(In process as of April21 2012)
VISA ISSUED...
15th June 2012
LANDED..........
Soooooon
Hurray....I got approval finally after 2months.

I called CIC call center 2days back and they itself told me why its taking long time to get approval and they sent email to the actual person who approves. Today i called them again and guess what i got approved yesterday and a letter been sent to my mailing address already..... I am so happy after 2 months 5days i got approval finally..

I engourage people who applied in First week or second week of Jan and still hasen't heard abt their approval to follow up with CIC...Best of luck to every one who are still waiting :) I wish every one should hear their approval soon.

alf+jlh

Aug 28, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 6, 2012
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Mar 21, 2012
Med's Done....
Dec 16, 2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
June 14, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
July 13, 2012
LANDED..........
July 26, 2012
nanipanjakadi said:
Hurray....I got approval finally after 2months.

I called CIC call center 2days back and they itself told me why its taking long time to get approval and they sent email to the actual person who approves. Today i called them again and guess what i got approved yesterday and a letter been sent to my mailing address already..... I am so happy after 2 months 5days i got approval finally..

I engourage people who applied in First week or second week of Jan and still hasen't heard abt their approval to follow up with CIC...Best of luck to every one who are still waiting :) I wish every one should hear their approval soon.

Congrats!

I just gave the same encouragement speech about calling...too bad my call didn't have the same result!

Back to the waiting game!

I'm happy for you!

nanipanjakadi

Star Member
Sep 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NewDelhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12th Jan 2012
AOR Received.
10th March 2012
File Transfer...
15th March2012(Approved)
Med's Done....
Some where in Nov2011
Interview........
NO
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
15th June 2012
LANDED..........
Soooooon
alf+jlh said:
Congrats!

I just gave the same encouragement speech about calling...too bad my call didn't have the same result!

Back to the waiting game!

I'm happy for you!
Thanq so much, i wish u could hear same thing from CIC...

iacrossnation

Star Member
Mar 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan. 18, 2012
AOR Received.
Apr. 4, 2012
File Transfer...
Apr. 4, 2012
Med's Done....
Dec. 10, 2011
I am new to this forum. Question for you. We send the whole package (sponsorship and applicant who lives in the US) on Jan. 16 by Canada Post Xpresspost and the tracking system showed it had been delivered on Jan. 18. I saw the online system showed Jan. 25 now. I called call centre to see if our application has been approved. To my surprise, it sounds CIC haven't received my file at all as call centre told me there was no any application records on my file yet (I have client ID for myself before). My understanding is the system should show a record even it hasn't been proceed. So I don't know if Mississauga received our application. Between application sent out and now, I didn't get any mail from Mississauga to notify me they receive the application. Call centre got my mail tracking number and payment receipt number and ask me to wait another 3 MONTHS for mississauga response.

Anyone has the similar situation? Any suggestion for my situation?

alf+jlh

Aug 28, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 6, 2012
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Mar 21, 2012
Med's Done....
Dec 16, 2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
June 14, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
July 13, 2012
LANDED..........
July 26, 2012
nanipanjakadi said:
Thanq so much, i wish u could hear same thing from CIC...
Thanks!

My time will come... Maybe this long wait is a trade off for a shorter wait once it gets to Bufallo! Hahaha yah right...a girl can dream cant she!

Like I said before Im Just excited to see my husband... Next Thursday!

I know some people who are separated dont get to see their husbands as often but this will be our longest stretch- about 45 days :( and it sucks!

I'm grateful that we are starting to see movement though...even if it's not me :)

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
alf+jlh said:
Thanks!

My time will come... Maybe this long wait is a trade off for a shorter wait once it gets to Bufallo! Hahaha yah right...a girl can dream cant she!

Like I said before Im Just excited to see my husband... Next Thursday!

I know some people who are separated dont get to see their husbands as often but this will be our longest stretch- about 45 days :( and it sucks!

I'm grateful that we are starting to see movement though...even if it's not me :)
Hopefully you will get good news before your visit (next thursday)

nanipanjakadi

Star Member
Sep 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NewDelhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12th Jan 2012
AOR Received.
10th March 2012
File Transfer...
15th March2012(Approved)
Med's Done....
Some where in Nov2011
Interview........
NO
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
15th June 2012
LANDED..........
Soooooon
iacrossnation said:
I am new to this forum. Question for you. We send the whole package (sponsorship and applicant who lives in the US) on Jan. 16 by Canada Post Xpresspost and the tracking system showed it had been delivered on Jan. 18. I saw the online system showed Jan. 25 now. I called call centre to see if our application has been approved. To my surprise, it sounds CIC haven't received my file at all as call centre told me there was no any application records on my file yet (I have client ID for myself before). My understanding is the system should show a record even it hasn't been proceed. So I don't know if Mississauga received our application. Between application sent out and now, I didn't get any mail from Mississauga to notify me they receive the application. Call centre got my mail tracking number and payment receipt number and ask me to wait another 3 MONTHS for mississauga response.

We all got same reply when calling CIC Callcenter may be 15-20 days before. As per my knowledge CIC Callcenter knows only when actual person who approves will notify callcenter that your application has been opened. I guess your application hasen't been opened. Follow up with them next week may b

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
iacrossnation said:

if I were you I would not wait 3months I will call again