N/A
Passport Req..
June 14, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
July 13, 2012
LANDED..........
July 26, 2012
iacrossnation said:
I am new to this forum. Question for you. We send the whole package (sponsorship and applicant who lives in the US) on Jan. 16 by Canada Post Xpresspost and the tracking system showed it had been delivered on Jan. 18. I saw the online system showed Jan. 25 now. I called call centre to see if our application has been approved. To my surprise, it sounds CIC haven't received my file at all as call centre told me there was no any application records on my file yet (I have client ID for myself before). My understanding is the system should show a record even it hasn't been proceed. So I don't know if Mississauga received our application. Between application sent out and now, I didn't get any mail from Mississauga to notify me they receive the application. Call centre got my mail tracking number and payment receipt number and ask me to wait another 3 MONTHS for mississauga response.

Anyone has the similar situation? Any suggestion for my situation?
They lady I spoke to today at the call centre said it takes about 2 months for someone to hear some thing...even AOR. I'd wait a bit but if you I think they might not have received it at all I'd be calli back everyday to check. You tracking number confirmed it so I'm pretty sure it's there but I can understand your worry. The call centre people won't be able to tell you much unless the visa officer working on yor file has made any notes.

Again that website time is just an approximate as others have confirmed and I can confirm too as per my conversation earlier.

Do you want to be a part of our group and join the discussions and spreadsheet?

If so what is your visa office? (bufallo im assuming) I have the rest of the info I need so far. When u get updates come on and share them and I'll update it!

alf+jlh

Aug 28, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 6, 2012
AOR Received.
CIC-M:Feb 21, 2012
File Transfer...
Mar 21, 2012
Med's Done....
Dec 16, 2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
June 14, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
July 13, 2012
LANDED..........
July 26, 2012
Dr Eng X said:
Hopefully you will get good news before your visit (next thursday)
Yah that's exactly what I am hoping for... Honestly it's the elephant in the room when my husband and I talk... He doesn't want to ask me about it cause he knows I have to say, "no we haven't heard anything yet!" and let's be honest, it's upsetting!

I'd love to get off the plane with the letter in hand!

;D

-FIREFLY-

Star Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-JAN-2012
AOR Received.
07-MAR-2012
File Transfer...
19-MAR-2012
Med's Done....
08-NOV-2011
Passport Req..
20-MAY-2012
VISA ISSUED...
03-JUN-2012
LANDED..........
13-JUN-2012
Iacrossnation

It took them nearly 2 months just to open our application. Until they open it there is no record in their system. I think everyone after 12 January is till waiting to be opened. Give it one more week and try calling CIC again.

iacrossnation

Star Member
Mar 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan. 18, 2012
AOR Received.
Apr. 4, 2012
File Transfer...
Apr. 4, 2012
Med's Done....
Dec. 10, 2011
Sure, add me in. Yes, it's Buffalo. Thanks for your reply.

Anyone else around Jan. 18 received in Mississauga haven't heard anything? I couldn't use my client ID to login to check e-cas either.

iacrossnation

Star Member
Mar 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan. 18, 2012
AOR Received.
Apr. 4, 2012
File Transfer...
Apr. 4, 2012
Med's Done....
Dec. 10, 2011
-FIREFLY- said:
Iacrossnation

It took them nearly 2 months just to open our application. Until they open it there is no record in their system. I think everyone after 12 January is till waiting to be opened. Give it one more week and try calling CIC again.
Thanks. I will wait and see next week. Just feel it's a weird process. If they can send me a message within a short time once they receive our application, then I don't have to worry about much.

iacrossnation

Star Member
Mar 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan. 18, 2012
AOR Received.
Apr. 4, 2012
File Transfer...
Apr. 4, 2012
Med's Done....
Dec. 10, 2011
alf+jlh said:
They lady I spoke to today at the call centre said it takes about 2 months for someone to hear some thing...even AOR. I'd wait a bit but if you I think they might not have received it at all I'd be calli back everyday to check. You tracking number confirmed it so I'm pretty sure it's there but I can understand your worry. The call centre people won't be able to tell you much unless the visa officer working on yor file has made any notes.

Again that website time is just an approximate as others have confirmed and I can confirm too as per my conversation earlier.

Do you want to be a part of our group and join the discussions and spreadsheet?

If so what is your visa office? (bufallo im assuming) I have the rest of the info I need so far. When u get updates come on and share them and I'll update it!
Thanks, yeah, add me in. I will keep you guys posted at each stage. Addtion: Med. done around Dec. 10 or so.

iacrossnation

Star Member
Mar 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan. 18, 2012
AOR Received.
Apr. 4, 2012
File Transfer...
Apr. 4, 2012
Med's Done....
Dec. 10, 2011
Dr Eng X said:
if I were you I would not wait 3months I will call again
Thanks for you suggestion. I won't wait for 3 months and I will check it back next week to see.

iacrossnation

Star Member
Mar 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan. 18, 2012
AOR Received.
Apr. 4, 2012
File Transfer...
Apr. 4, 2012
Med's Done....
Dec. 10, 2011
nanipanjakadi said:
We all got same reply when calling CIC Callcenter may be 15-20 days before. As per my knowledge CIC Callcenter knows only when actual person who approves will notify callcenter that your application has been opened. I guess your application hasen't been opened. Follow up with them next week may b
Thanks, I will update you guys next week around Wednesday. I feel slightly better now. Yesterday, I was thinking to print all the document and to prepare re-submit in case they lost it. :) Thanks for all your information.

-FIREFLY-

Star Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-JAN-2012
AOR Received.
07-MAR-2012
File Transfer...
19-MAR-2012
Med's Done....
08-NOV-2011
Passport Req..
20-MAY-2012
VISA ISSUED...
03-JUN-2012
LANDED..........
13-JUN-2012
iacrossnation said:
Thanks, I will update you guys next week around Wednesday. I feel slightly better now. Yesterday, I was thinking to print all the document and to prepare re-submit in case they lost it. :) Thanks for all your information.
It won't hurt to do that (reprint). I did. They ask to see a copy of your application when you cross the border into Canada, so I keep a copy in my car to avoid hassels. (I also bring my husband with me.)

-FIREFLY-

Star Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-JAN-2012
AOR Received.
07-MAR-2012
File Transfer...
19-MAR-2012
Med's Done....
08-NOV-2011
Passport Req..
20-MAY-2012
VISA ISSUED...
03-JUN-2012
LANDED..........
13-JUN-2012
srinivas.vadapalli
Have you spoken to the New Delhi VO today? I am excited to hear if you've gotten approval yet! :)

alf+jlh

Aug 28, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 6, 2012
AOR Received.
CIC-M:Feb 21, 2012
File Transfer...
Mar 21, 2012
Med's Done....
Dec 16, 2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
June 14, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
July 13, 2012
LANDED..........
July 26, 2012
-FIREFLY- said:
srinivas.vadapalli
Have you spoken to the New Delhi VO today? I am excited to hear if you've gotten approval yet! :)
Funny enough I was just thinking about him last night...hasn't been on for sometime!

Hope everything is good!

-FIREFLY-

Star Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-JAN-2012
AOR Received.
07-MAR-2012
File Transfer...
19-MAR-2012
Med's Done....
08-NOV-2011
Passport Req..
20-MAY-2012
VISA ISSUED...
03-JUN-2012
LANDED..........
13-JUN-2012
alf+jlh said:
Funny enough I was just thinking about him last night...hasn't been on for sometime!

Hope everything is good!
I hope so too. I've been trying to guess his approval date based on the past 7 months of spreadsheets haha.

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
alf+jlh said:
Yah that's exactly what I am hoping for... Honestly it's the elephant in the room when my husband and I talk... He doesn't want to ask me about it cause he knows I have to say, "no we haven't heard anything yet!" and let's be honest, it's upsetting!

I'd love to get off the plane with the letter in hand!

;D
Look at the bright side of things at least you get to see him and maybe you will go with the good news

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
iacrossnation said:
Thanks. I will wait and see next week. Just feel it's a weird process. If they can send me a message within a short time once they receive our application, then I don't have to worry about much.
weird is under-statement. Since it takes them much time why do not they open applications once received check it quickly then send acknowledgements

-FIREFLY-

Star Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-JAN-2012
AOR Received.
07-MAR-2012
File Transfer...
19-MAR-2012
Med's Done....
08-NOV-2011
Passport Req..
20-MAY-2012
VISA ISSUED...
03-JUN-2012
LANDED..........
13-JUN-2012
Dr Eng X
I'm just curious, are you the sponsor or applicant? What's your VO? I dont see you on our spreadsheet.