Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dreamcatcher said:
Have a look on YouTube and type in "Delays in Immigration Processing Times for Family Class Applications" click on this one and this will give you an idea on what is going on.
That is old...It is way worse now!!!! Good watch though
Thanks

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
Mississauga: May 10, Mexico: June 4
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
What does the video say?

No approvals today. :(

Fencesitter

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 13, 2012
AOR Received.
AOR2 July 25, 2012
File Transfer...
July 13, 2012
Med's Done....
Mar 1, 2012
Interview........
WAIVED!
Passport Req..
Aug 28, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 24, 2012
LANDED..........
Jan 30, 2013
The problem is that most Canadians don't know about, or don't care about, the plight of immigrants.

Does anyone know how many spousal applications are allowed each year? Is there a cap?

FS

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Fencesitter said:
The problem is that most Canadians don't know about, or don't care about, the plight of immigrants.

Does anyone know how many spousal applications are allowed each year? Is there a cap?

FS
Noone would hear us unless we talk! (our voices has to be heard)

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/statistics/facts2010/permanent/01.asp

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canadiangirl78 said:
What does the video say?

No approvals today. :(
google "Delays in Immigration Processing Times for Family Class Applications" or simply look in youtube
The video is part of a 2010 session house of commons. You will see that it is "our duty" He did not say privilege or favor or generosity. However, politicians have their way...

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
Fencesitter said:

FS
No cap. Someone posted the yearly stats a few pages back.

amira_mais

Aug 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Fencesitter said:

There are indeed caps or targets set for each immigration category. Take a look at the 2012 allocations:

http://www.canadavisa.com/citizenship-and-immigration-canada-announces-new-immigration-targets.html

For spouses and partners, the target is 44,620 visas to be issued this year. The actual number issued could end up higher, as has happened in the past.

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
amira_mais said:
There are indeed caps or targets set for each immigration category. Take a look at the 2012 allocations:

http://www.canadavisa.com/citizenship-and-immigration-canada-announces-new-immigration-targets.html

For spouses and partners, the target is 44,620 this year.
There are no caps. A cap means when they reach the number they stop taking applications. That is only for skilled worker visas.

amira_mais

Aug 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canadiangirl78 said:
There are no caps. A cap means when they reach the number they stop taking applications. That is only for skilled worker visas.
You're right, I interpreted the word 'cap' differently. Should have read more carefully.

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canadiangirl78 said:
yes you are right

ocanadaguy

Star Member
Jan 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-1-2012
AOR Received.
07-09-2012
Med's Done....
31-10-2011
Well I did some calling and got to talk to someone who could relay my questions about the paper i got mailed today... She forwarded it to the actual guy who worked with my application... He emailed me back today ( i checked when i came home from work).. those 2 documents that I didn't understand why I have to redo... It is because they are apparently missing... but that is amazing because I have the photo copies of them in my binder.. and the Originals are not there... I know I had every single paper in the mail envelope when I sealed it.... where could it have gone? I don't know.. but at least it seems that I did fill it out right... It says sign and date it.. But I think that I will date it the original date because that's what it should be. Either way... along with the sponsorship evaluation form, I am going to photo copy all of my T1 slips that I have received for income tax.. if there is any kind of doubt what so ever, i am sure those will go away... AND the letter from my employer (I had to get yet another one today).. that was missing to.. I am quite organized and I can't believe 3 things are missing... For future applicants... perhaps videotape yourself and show all the documents you put inside the postal box for proof and then seal it and then you could prove that you did your part... Crazy crazy! Now I have another thing to do this weekend... Thank god they didn't lose anything that I couldn't easily and quickly replace! Anyway.. off to bed... and lets hope to see many more of us get what we're all wanting next week :) Good Luck!!

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
That's too bad. What a pain. It's bound to happen once in awhile but I'm sorry it happened to you. I suppose even if you had proof you mailed it you would still have to redo it. Because they need the info even if they lose it.

Amoss

Feb 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-01-2012
AOR Received.
10-03-2012
File Transfer...
to Buffalo 20-03-2012 -- to LA 08-05-02012
Med's Done....
20-12-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08-08-2012
ocanadaguy said:
Well I did some calling and got to talk to someone who could relay my questions about the paper i got mailed today... She forwarded it to the actual guy who worked with my application... He emailed me back today ( i checked when i came home from work).. those 2 documents that I didn't understand why I have to redo... It is because they are apparently missing... but that is amazing because I have the photo copies of them in my binder.. and the Originals are not there... I know I had every single paper in the mail envelope when I sealed it.... where could it have gone? I don't know.. but at least it seems that I did fill it out right... It says sign and date it.. But I think that I will date it the original date because that's what it should be. Either way... along with the sponsorship evaluation form, I am going to photo copy all of my T1 slips that I have received for income tax.. if there is any kind of doubt what so ever, i am sure those will go away... AND the letter from my employer (I had to get yet another one today).. that was missing to.. I am quite organized and I can't believe 3 things are missing... For future applicants... perhaps videotape yourself and show all the documents you put inside the postal box for proof and then seal it and then you could prove that you did your part... Crazy crazy! Now I have another thing to do this weekend... Thank god they didn't lose anything that I couldn't easily and quickly replace! Anyway.. off to bed... and lets hope to see many more of us get what we're all wanting next week :) Good Luck!!
wow! what a pain! ??? I really wish this process was more smooth and efficient. you're right that they could have misplaced something harder to get though... so that's an "upside"

Christine08

Apr 13, 2012
Cebu, City Philippines 6000
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-December-2011
Doc's Request.
19-March-2012
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
19-February-2012
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
19-February-2011
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
02-October-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
letter date: 19-March-2012 received April 11,2012 in regular mail.
VISA ISSUED...
08-May-2012
LANDED..........
soon on September 26, 2012 YAAYY!!!!!
Hi guys!

I am confused on what is PPR means? I got a letter to ask other documents like the Appendix A and B and sending my passport to the Manila Embassy. Does this means I'm OK not to get any interview and just wait for my visa to be delivered after I sent them the additional documents??

goodya+RAJPUTH

Star Member
Feb 23, 2012
goodya+RAJPUTH said:
congrates kulkarni......... :)
am also approved on the same date 2nd april but still still waiting for ppr :(
bingo thank god .........i also got PPR request .
i got email today ...good luck to every one else god bless us :) all to reach our destination