July 31, 2012 (approved) went "in process" same day
Passport Req..
May 10, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Visa stamped on August 3, 2012 and passport received back on August 13, 2012
LANDED..........
Oct 21, 2012
cgagnon said:
Well if we look at the bright side january is more than half way done with 21 applicants left out of 57. Who's to say some of them have not been to the forum in a while? I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they will get more done today and monday and we will be in february next week!! Let's not forget that month only has 29days! I just want them to be in the beginning of march!
Just called CIC before few minutes and they asked me to call after 3 weeks. my application was received on jan 26th. i have no expectations before end of may. before few weeks agents told me that they can see my name on the system but not anymore. now they said they are working on 17th applications. 3 months used to be total processing time for spousal visa application before but now its not enough even for sponsorship approval. madmtl got approval after 91 days and im not sure if i can even after 191 days.
i think CIC is going through same situations as KINGFISHER airline (didnt pay salary to their employees for last few months and everyone is on strike). i think we need to donate $1 each to CIC everyday.
save CIC please ....dont let it go down like this.

cgagnon

Nov 10, 2011
Montreal,QC
Category........
Visa Office......
LA(Buffalo)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2012
AOR Received.
None
File Transfer...
31-05-2012
Med's Done....
13-12-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10/10/2012
ashunandal said:
Just called CIC before few minutes and they asked me to call after 3 weeks. my application was received on jan 26th. i have no expectations before end of may. before few weeks agents told me that they can see my name on the system but not anymore. now they said they are working on 17th applications. 3 months used to be total processing time for spousal visa application before but now its not enough even for sponsorship approval. madmtl got approval after 91 days and im not sure if i can even after 191 days.
i think CIC is going through same situations as KINGFISHER airline (didnt pay salary to their employees for last few months and everyone is on strike). i think we need to donate $1 each to CIC everyday.
save CIC please ....dont let it go down like this.
You are closer than you think! By next week I am sure you will have some news!! They're a pack a birds over there if one falls behind they all do!!! Try being positive you've waiting long enough!! NEXT week I tell ya!!!

Bobbi

Jan 25, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-01-2012
AOR Received.
04-06-2012
File Transfer...
09-05-2012
Med's Done....
28-02-2012
Passport Req..
11-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
18-09-2012
My application was received January 24...80 days and waiting. We're all here and it looks like only 1 person was approved after Jan. 18.
Therefore, unfortunately, working on Jan. 17/18 is a correct statement from CIC-M.

ocanadaguy

Star Member
Jan 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-1-2012
AOR Received.
07-09-2012
Med's Done....
31-10-2011
Hi Bobbi :) I hope it goes quickly for you! You have Gemini1 and myself... to see how quickly Vienna possibly is... Mine is either there now, or heading in that direction. I can only go by Gemini1 right now for a possible time.. and that was very quick! If mine is somewhere close to that... I will be absolutely thrilled!!! If both of ours are similar, there's a reasonable chance yours will be too! There are so few of us going to Vienna (that we can see on this forum)... That's good because that's why Vienna is quicker than most).. but also it's harder to judge how long it could take)... just let this be over!!! Then life will finally be normal! :)

Bobbi

Jan 25, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-01-2012
AOR Received.
04-06-2012
File Transfer...
09-05-2012
Med's Done....
28-02-2012
Passport Req..
11-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
18-09-2012
Hey ocanadaguy! Yes, I've been in and out of the Vienna forum. Looks like there is no one else applying through Vienna, except the 2 of us :)
I'm also the sponsor and waiting patiently for this first step to be over with. I hope ours is as fast as Gemini1's!! That would be wonderful!

lalatata

Aug 11, 2011
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 8th,2012
File Transfer...
May 17th,2012
Med's Done....
Jan 24th,2012
Passport Req..
June 1st,2012
VISA ISSUED...
DM- July 23rd,2012 - Passport received - Aug 13th,2012
cgagnon said:
You are closer than you think! By next week I am sure you will have some news!! They're a pack a birds over there if one falls behind they all do!!! Try being positive you've waiting long enough!! NEXT week I tell ya!!!
YEs, I hope so too! I am a Feb 7th applicant! Waiting time is just increasing day by day! :(

podkayne8

Star Member
Jun 7, 2011
Texas
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-01-2012
AOR Received.
21-03-2012
File Transfer...
06-03-2012, Tfer to Seattle 12-04-2012
Med's Done....
09-09-2011
Passport Req..
16-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2012
LANDED..........
22-07-2012, PR card rec'd 21-09-2102
Ugh, I am sorry to see the increase to 84 days. Hang in there everyone. Hopefully it is just a backlog from and they will clear it up soon and you will all get your approvals soon! I am sure they are probably trying to get that back down as they probably are hearing many complaints lol.

And don't forget, some of you may already have approval - they might just be sending it postal mail. I know there is at least one officer who does it that way lol. I never saw an update to ecas or anything, or got any info from the phone line. Just one day the approval letter showed up in the mailbox.

Hang in there Januarians! It is almost over! :)

ocanadaguy

Star Member
Jan 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-1-2012
AOR Received.
07-09-2012
Med's Done....
31-10-2011
I got my letter that CIC said it mailed to me.. took 3 days... They are asking me to redo IMM 5540 sponsorship questionnaire... The thing is.. I don't see anything wrong with it... I am asking you guys... For example first page question 8.. it asks "have you resided in countries other than Canada?" my answer is "no" but there is a "Yes" section... Did you guys cross it out and write "N/A"? perhaps that's what they are talking about? I am going to do this this weekend and mail it away overnight to Ottawa... They also asked me to give an original and recent letter of employment indicating start date, annual or hourly rate of pay, and regular hours per week for myself... That's a surprise! I'm gonna pick one up today at work, but I did not think that would be needed... Did they lose the one I sent? I just do not know. I am just wondering what could be wrong with my IMM 5540 so it was returned. Thank you for your help!! and it was mailed from the Ottawa Pilot Program.. just so you guys know.

cgagnon

Nov 10, 2011
Montreal,QC
Category........
Visa Office......
LA(Buffalo)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2012
AOR Received.
None
File Transfer...
31-05-2012
Med's Done....
13-12-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10/10/2012
ocanadaguy said:
I got my letter that CIC said it mailed to me.. took 3 days... They are asking me to redo IMM 5540 sponsorship questionnaire... The thing is.. I don't see anything wrong with it... I am asking you guys... For example first page question 8.. it asks "have you resided in countries other than Canada?" my answer is "no" but there is a "Yes" section... Did you guys cross it out and write "N/A"? perhaps that's what they are talking about? I am going to do this this weekend and mail it away overnight to Ottawa... They also asked me to give an original and recent letter of employment indicating start date, annual or hourly rate of pay, and regular hours per week for myself... That's a surprise! I'm gonna pick one up today at work, but I did not think that would be needed... Did they lose the one I sent? I just do not know. I am just wondering what could be wrong with my IMM 5540 so it was returned. Thank you for your help!! and it was mailed from the Ottawa Pilot Program.. just so you guys know.
Everything that does not apply to you on the form you should write N/A but if you have the possibility of a NO you shouldn't have to worry about it! That's so weird!

alf+jlh

Aug 28, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 6, 2012
AOR Received.
CIC-M:Feb 21, 2012
File Transfer...
Mar 21, 2012
Med's Done....
Dec 16, 2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
June 14, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
July 13, 2012
LANDED..........
July 26, 2012
cgagnon said:
Well if we look at the bright side january is more than half way done with 21 applicants left out of 57. Who's to say some of them have not been to the forum in a while? I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they will get more done today and monday and we will be in february next week!! Let's not forget that month only has 29days! I just want them to be in the beginning of march!
I agree...I bet the ones from the early half of the month missing info either don't come on the forum or haven't checked it in a while.

I don't want to take them off the spreadsheet so I guess we can just hope that they come on to update us.

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ocanadaguy said:
weird! enough stress from CIC already!!! On the bright side with their mess and stupidity maybe these are the missing document

lalatata

Aug 11, 2011
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 8th,2012
File Transfer...
May 17th,2012
Med's Done....
Jan 24th,2012
Passport Req..
June 1st,2012
VISA ISSUED...
DM- July 23rd,2012 - Passport received - Aug 13th,2012
Dr Eng X said:
weird! enough stress from CIC already!!! On the bright side with their mess and stupidity maybe these are the missing document
This is crazy!!!! They updated the site again with back to what it was from before!

75 days, working till JAn 18th!

They are really playing games here now!

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

cgagnon

Nov 10, 2011
Montreal,QC
Category........
Visa Office......
LA(Buffalo)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2012
AOR Received.
None
File Transfer...
31-05-2012
Med's Done....
13-12-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10/10/2012
lalatata said:
This is crazy!!!! They updated the site again with back to what it was from before!

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
It's the page from last week they must have trouble with current updates if you check the date modified and date updated you will see that they are last weeks.

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lalatata said:

CIC sick games and I do not know. Everyone has been telling me they have changed the english but I can not see any change two computers and two browsers can not see it. I am sick of this

dreamcatcher

Apr 6, 2012
Have a look on YouTube and type in "Delays in Immigration Processing Times for Family Class Applications" click on this one and this will give you an idea on what is going on.