Dec 22, 2011
Passport Req..
May 8, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
June 27, 2012
LANDED..........
Sept 2012
mightymuffin said:
I sent all in one package but have divider between sponsor and sponsored person. I think i also have all the support docs in 2nd part, hopefully like Missmini said they will check all the documents.
i think that's enough. they should be able to find it. what i did is to have it in one envelope and just put paper clips on the forms

ocanadaguy

Star Member
Jan 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-1-2012
AOR Received.
07-09-2012
Med's Done....
31-10-2011
I asked the Call centre about how to send things.. I have all sorts of photos included.. I wondered if Mississauga would see all the photos and when they transfer my file to Vienna, they wouldn't send the photos... But the lady told me that I don't need to send 2 sets of photos... Once I am approved as a sponsor, the other things will all be sent over to Vienna.. The only thing that I paper clipped to both mine and my wifes application was the proof of me sending her money every month.. That's very very important and I couldn't afford to have that accidentally left behind.. but the photos.. Just one set of everything. Hope that helps.. but feel free to call and ask if you're still questioning it.

mightymuffin

Jan 19, 2012
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6-01-2012
ocanadaguy said:
I asked the Call centre about how to send things.. I have all sorts of photos included.. I wondered if Mississauga would see all the photos and when they transfer my file to Vienna, they wouldn't send the photos... But the lady told me that I don't need to send 2 sets of photos... Once I am approved as a sponsor, the other things will all be sent over to Vienna.. The only thing that I paper clipped to both mine and my wifes application was the proof of me sending her money every month.. That's very very important and I couldn't afford to have that accidentally left behind.. but the photos.. Just one set of everything. Hope that helps.. but feel free to call and ask if you're still questioning it.
Kind of wondering about the photo things. How many of you send photo to proof your relationship?
I wanted to send photo but my boyfriend did not want to show our faces. So we sent documents such as declaration from both parents, mail with same address and flights itinerary of we have been travelling together.

sdfr0024

Star Member
Jan 23, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12 Feb 2012
Doc's Request.
03 May 2013
File Transfer...
06 June 2012
Med's Request
08 August 2013
Med's Done....
25 Jan 2012 Expired
Passport Req..
08 August 2013
VISA ISSUED...
11 September 2013
sarsicola said:
i think that's enough. they should be able to find it. what i did is to have it in one envelope and just put paper clips on the forms
Hi, i am also in process of applying for my spouse. Could anyone tell me whether all the documents will go in one envelope for example, Part 1 Sponsorship forms, Part 2 Immigration forms and Part 3 Region Specific forms, will they go in one envelope with supporting documents or two separate envelopes?

Thanks..

alf+jlh

Aug 28, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 6, 2012
AOR Received.
CIC-M:Feb 21, 2012
File Transfer...
Mar 21, 2012
Med's Done....
Dec 16, 2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
June 14, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
July 13, 2012
LANDED..........
July 26, 2012
Yes, send everything in one envelope.

And for sure send pictures....that is one of the best ways to prove you and spouse have been together. Not sure why you are worried about showing your face...you need to submit photos of the principal applicant anyway.

Send everything together and send pictures!!!!!

ocanadaguy

Star Member
Jan 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-1-2012
AOR Received.
07-09-2012
Med's Done....
31-10-2011
Hi Mightymuffin... about your question... Well for me... I just wanted to give all the proof that I could about our relationship that I could.. so i included wedding photos.. not every one, but photos of us... photos to show how many people were there... That it wasn't some staged thing, and the dinner and party afterwards... I had some screenshots that I took with my Apple Computer of us on Skype.. they have date stamps on the screen, to show that we constantly talk on skype.. I don't know how else to prove it unless i print off our entire chat history, but half the time it's video calling.... Also I took photo proof of all sorts of text messages.. just to show that it's continuous, not just here and there... You just have to give enough so that the person looking at the package sees that it's a real relationship and not a scam.. so stupid those few people make it so difficult for us.. This is a fun time, but also scary because you hope you did enough... I'd rather give a little more, than to have to start the whole process again... Don't want my life going away waiting... besides, these guys don't sit and look at the photos all day.. they have tonnes of work to do and they'll never remember your photos the next day or 2 days later... so it's no big deal.. I also heard people say that they have gotten the photos and other important things back when the process was finished! That's a nice thing if it were to happen :) Good luck with what you do.. hope that helped answer your question.

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
11-2011 (extended until 11-2013)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
07-2013 (DONE - thank u all :):):))
ocanadaguy said:
Hi Mightymuffin... about your question... Well for me... I just wanted to give all the proof that I could about our relationship that I could.. so i included wedding photos.. not every one, but photos of us... photos to show how many people were there... That it wasn't some staged thing, and the dinner and party afterwards... I had some screenshots that I took with my Apple Computer of us on Skype.. they have date stamps on the screen, to show that we constantly talk on skype.. I don't know how else to prove it unless i print off our entire chat history, but half the time it's video calling.... Also I took photo proof of all sorts of text messages.. just to show that it's continuous, not just here and there... You just have to give enough so that the person looking at the package sees that it's a real relationship and not a scam.. so stupid those few people make it so difficult for us.. This is a fun time, but also scary because you hope you did enough... I'd rather give a little more, than to have to start the whole process again... Don't want my life going away waiting... besides, these guys don't sit and look at the photos all day.. they have tonnes of work to do and they'll never remember your photos the next day or 2 days later... so it's no big deal.. I also heard people say that they have gotten the photos and other important things back when the process was finished! That's a nice thing if it were to happen :) Good luck with what you do.. hope that helped answer your question.
yeah i also agree with u ocanadaguy, when we put together everything we tried to show as much as possible (but without repeating ourselves); u said it very nice this: "don't want my life going away waiting" i feel really the same especially since some embassies take such a long time; this was our biggest project so far and so very important so we tried to make our case as strong as possible and explain everything and show plenty of proofs; better more than less, hopefully it will save time in the long run and a potential interview :)

as for the pictures, not only that we included looooots, but i also selected them very carefully; i wanted the pictures to show us with both of our families, with our friends, at different events, in our trips, in different going outs together, to show our important occasions, even our home - so they could have a glimpse not only of our lifes today but also how we were a few years ago...i think some well organized pictures could be very strong proof; yeah some people don't like taking pictures a lot, so if u send less it's ok, but still send; so what if they see the faces - aren't they suppose to know how we look like? - both the sponsor and the applicant have to send id documents; and they will see the face eventually if they r not certain and they will ask for an interview :-X

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
sdfr0024 said:
Hi, i am also in process of applying for my spouse. Could anyone tell me whether all the documents will go in one envelope for example, Part 1 Sponsorship forms, Part 2 Immigration forms and Part 3 Region Specific forms, will they go in one envelope with supporting documents or two separate envelopes?

Thanks..
hey there, i made mine in 3 parts: sponsor part (forms + required documets), applicant part (forms + required documents), relationship proofs part; we put the region specific form under the applicant part - it was one extra form for him to fill in and it's related to the other immigration forms anyway - just more background and security questions

this thread is great explaining everything:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/how-i-organized-our-applcation-and-a-summary-of-all-helpful-tips-i-have-learned-t92449.0.html

good luck preparing!!

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
hello Januarians :)

i think i'm officially part of the group too!!! we sent it today (YES here offices r open Saturdays) and we were told it should arrive Tuesday, even Monday but without guarantees...OMG :eek: it's so strange feeling, in a way i'm super happy but in another i'm confused thinking how i'll fill in the spare time; i just can't believe we'll have again a real weekend, days off, etc :eek: one year ago we were at the beginning with all this (don't get scared it didn't take one full year; we had breaks too and long waits for some documents which took too long to arrive); but it did take much longer than we thought: it's one thing when u read what u have to do and it looks easy and another when u actually sit down and start doing it
all i wish now is to arrive in one piece and to have a smooth process!!! and same for all of u!! hope we will all say at the end that all those unbelievably long timelines are wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
sorry if i wrote too much but only people like u could understand all this (i'm sure the people around us here think we r crazy :-[ )

mightymuffin

Jan 19, 2012
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6-01-2012
Thanks guys for the advices on the photo :D. Maybe after my application is send to singapore, i will tell my boyfriend's mother to go to give the photos to them in person.

pelipeli

Champion Member
Sep 30, 2011
Calgary Alberta CND
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 25, 2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
Sponsor approved: May 1,2012; file rcvd by CEM: May 8
Med's Done....
Dec 19,2011
Passport Req..
PPR date: May10, PPR rcvd: May16, PP sent: May 17 ,PP rcvd by CEM:May18
VISA ISSUED...
IP: Aug16, DM: Aug19 Visa Issue Date: August 16, 2012 Visa rcvd: Aug24
LANDED..........
September 20, 2012, PR card received Nov 23,2012
missmini said:
hey there, i made mine in 3 parts: sponsor part (forms + required documets), applicant part (forms + required documents), relationship proofs part; we put the region specific form under the applicant part - it was one extra form for him to fill in and it's related to the other immigration forms anyway - just more background and security questions

this thread is great explaining everything:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/how-i-organized-our-applcation-and-a-summary-of-all-helpful-tips-i-have-learned-t92449.0.html

good luck preparing!!
thank you for promoting my thread missmini =) you are always s00oo kind =)

pelipeli

Champion Member
Sep 30, 2011
Calgary Alberta CND
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 25, 2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Dec 19,2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
srinivas.vadapalli said:
Someone from Dec thread posted this....

kiwicanuck

Ratings: +0
[Good] [Poor]

Category........: FAM
Visa Office......: Sydney
App. Filed.......: 02-12-2011
File Transfer...: 25-01-2012
Med's Done....: 26-10-2011

Re: December 2011 Applicants - Join here!
« Reply #117 on: January 25, 2012, 05:27:40 pm »
Reply with quoteQuote
My husband just got an email saying he was approved as my sponsor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Our application arrived in Mississauga on December 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SO HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wasn't expecting this for at least another few weeks Smiley Smiley Smiley

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/december-2011-applicants-join-here-t90503.105.html
oh wow, so it really is possible that sponsor gets approved way earlier than what is posted in cic?

pelipeli

Champion Member
Sep 30, 2011
Calgary Alberta CND
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 25, 2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Dec 19,2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
missmini said:
hello Januarians :)

i think i'm officially part of the group too!!! we sent it today (YES here offices r open Saturdays) and we were told it should arrive Tuesday, even Monday but without guarantees...OMG :eek: it's so strange feeling, in a way i'm super happy but in another i'm confused thinking how i'll fill in the spare time; i just can't believe we'll have again a real weekend, days off, etc :eek: one year ago we were at the beginning with all this (don't get scared it didn't take one full year; we had breaks too and long waits for some documents which took too long to arrive); but it did take much longer than we thought: it's one thing when u read what u have to do and it looks easy and another when u actually sit down and start doing it
all i wish now is to arrive in one piece and to have a smooth process!!! and same for all of u!! hope we will all say at the end that all those unbelievably long timelines are wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
sorry if i wrote too much but only people like u could understand all this (i'm sure the people around us here think we r crazy :-[ )
hey missmini, finally! yey! we are in the same batch! good luck to all of us!

pelipeli

Champion Member
Sep 30, 2011
Calgary Alberta CND
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 25, 2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Dec 19,2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Hi there, just sharing my own "countdown" to 68 (or 70) days to sponsorship approval . lol.

pelipeli

Champion Member
Sep 30, 2011
Calgary Alberta CND
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 25, 2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Dec 19,2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
ocanadaguy said:
The waiting list for Stage 1 just went up from 68 days to 74... But I think it's A mistake... 74 days should be 64 days... because November 22, 2011 - Today is 64... Now working on November 22, 2011.. Lucky for the November Folks.... Somebody needs to buy those guys some Espresso Coffee so they speed things up! I wanna see that number go down drastically! :) Also... this Friday Jan 27... the Visa Offices should be updated again.. it's every 3 months.. So I will be watching that like a Hawk too :)
hey u r right o canada, it is 64 days! (November 22, 2011 to Jan 25 2012)