01-01-2012
AOR Received.
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
12-05-2014
Med's Done....
01-11-2013 & 03-06-2016
missmini said:
welcome!!!! but this thread is not for inland :eek: we all go through Missisauga office not the Alberta one and the procedure is completely different; good luck!!
Well darn, guess I should have done my homework a little better :p I don't belong in this group at all. I am also doing an inland application. There is a thread with very few members in it called "Inland applications 2012"...that is where I belong. Guess I'll go on over there and introduce myself. 8)

Good luck to everyone here, hoping for the best for all of you. Seeings how I already familiarized myself with a few of you, I will keep coming back here to see how things go for ya! :D

Debbie

dgoodman

Oct 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Guatemala
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/20/2012
AOR Received.
04/20/2012
File Transfer...
04/10/2012
Med's Request
08/07/2012
Med's Done....
17-12-2011
Passport Req..
08/07/2012
missmini said:
for sponsorship application it's required to send the medical exam from the beginning to Missisauga; it is speeding the process for the long run
missmini means that it is beneficial. It is not required, but from what I understand it does speed the process up. You can also be proactive and have the medical done before they ask for it. That should help speed things up a bit. I don't know anything about the process for that, though, so you'll have to do a bit more searching... or maybe someone else here can help.

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
11-2011 (extended until 11-2013)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
07-2013 (DONE - thank u all :):):))
dgoodman said:
missmini means that it is beneficial. It is not required, but from what I understand it does speed the process up. You can also be proactive and have the medical done before they ask for it. That should help speed things up a bit. I don't know anything about the process for that, though, so you'll have to do a bit more searching... or maybe someone else here can help.
the embassy we'll go through will definately take more than 1 year => it means the medicals will expire and have to be renewed anyway; the last thing i wanted was to do some unecessary medicals i just did them because they r part of the checklist and all the professionals i consulted said to do them; i didn't want to take any risk and have the application returned before it started....u will notice that most sponsorship members here have the date of the medical before the date the "file received" at missisauga and many of them will have to renew them (singapore, islamabad, africa region, middle east); now it's up to anyone if they want to follow the instructions or not

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
CheshireCats said:
Well darn, guess I should have done my homework a little better :p I don't belong in this group at all. I am also doing an inland application. There is a thread with very few members in it called "Inland applications 2012"...that is where I belong. Guess I'll go on over there and introduce myself. 8)

Good luck to everyone here, hoping for the best for all of you. Seeings how I already familiarized myself with a few of you, I will keep coming back here to see how things go for ya! :D

Debbie
oooh sorry Debbie, it's good that u know though, otherwise, it would have gotten a little confusing :eek: goooood luck!! i think u'll bump into each other again, we probably have a long wait too ???

mightymuffin

Jan 19, 2012
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6-01-2012
missmini said:
in montreal there is one called croix bleu (blue cross); i suppose they have branches all over canada, they r pretty good; i use them each time i go; goooood luck also!!! can i ask how will u move with him? u have a visit visa already or intend to apply or r from visa exempt country?
thanks Missmini, you are always so helpful.
I already have visitor visa from last year summer because of the family summer vacation.
planning to extend it after the visa expire, is it hard to do so?

Blue cross, do they offer travel insurance too?
Me and my boyfriend think insurance is a waste of money, but his mother thinks differently so I think I should at least ask around.

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
mightymuffin said:
thanks Missmini, you are always so helpful.
I already have visitor visa from last year summer because of the family summer vacation.
planning to extend it after the visa expire, is it hard to do so?

Blue cross, do they offer travel insurance too?
Me and my boyfriend think insurance is a waste of money, but his mother thinks differently so I think I should at least ask around.
u welcome, it's cuz of ur name ;):p extending a visitor visa especially once u applied for sponsorship might b very difficult!!!! the main reason is that it is very hard (impossible) to convince them that u go to Canada temporary, that u will leave Canada and to convince them that u still have strong ties back home; we had many ties with the home country and i was also living outside Canada with him and still hubby didn't get the chance to ever visit....but it also depends from what country u apply (not familiar with ur region, i suppose it should b easier but still u need to prepare well)...and also, since u already had it before and followed its conditions (left Canada), the chances to get it again should be even higher but u still need to prove what i mentioned before

definitely get insurance!! yes 99% might b waste of money but if something happens (that 1%) than u might need to repay medical bills for loooooong loooong time; u don't want to start ur life in Canada like that; i suppose they offer any kind of insurance, check it out: http://www.bluecross.ca/

mightymuffin

Jan 19, 2012
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6-01-2012
missmini said:
u welcome, it's cuz of ur name ;):p extending a visitor visa especially once u applied for sponsorship might b very difficult!!!! the main reason is that it is very hard (impossible) to convince them that u go to Canada temporary, that u will leave Canada and to convince them that u still have strong ties back home; we had many ties with the home country and i was also living outside Canada with him and still hubby didn't get the chance to ever visit....but it also depends from what country u apply (not familiar with ur region, i suppose it should b easier but still u need to prepare well)...and also, since u already had it before and followed its conditions (left Canada), the chances to get it again should be even higher but u still need to prove what i mentioned before

definitely get insurance!! yes 99% might b waste of money but if something happens (that 1%) than u might need to repay medical bills for loooooong loooong time; u don't want to start ur life in Canada like that; i suppose they offer any kind of insurance, check it out
Oh where your hubby from? I got my visa last year mainly for the summer vacation, have proof that i will be returning for university after the trip, so it quite a solid evidence that i was to return. Now that i graduate, i think it would be hard for me. but i cant extend my visitor visa in Canada on the basis that i will be waiting for the PR?
Thanks for the web site and advice on the insurance, i will check it out.

ashunandal

Champion Member
Jun 23, 2011
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 26, 2012
File Transfer...
May 1, 2012
Interview........
July 31, 2012 (approved) went "in process" same day
Passport Req..
May 10, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Visa stamped on August 3, 2012 and passport received back on August 13, 2012
LANDED..........
Oct 21, 2012
sent our application on 23rd and received today 26th. just got confirmation from courier company that package delivered. waiting game has been started for us.
best of luck to all

ashunandal

Champion Member
Jun 23, 2011
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 26, 2012
File Transfer...
May 1, 2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
May 10, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Oct 21, 2012
hi all
i have one question, if you can help me. we included all supporting documents in sponsored persons package (for sponsor also). im not sure if they will check both packages there or will request docs. again for sponsor.
::) ::) :eek:

mightymuffin

Jan 19, 2012
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6-01-2012
ashunandal said:
hi all
i have one question, if you can help me. we included all supporting documents in sponsored persons package (for sponsor also). im not sure if they will check both packages there or will request docs. again for sponsor.
I sent all my document at one. but I dont know if it correct. :D

ashunandal

Champion Member
Jun 23, 2011
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 26, 2012
File Transfer...
May 1, 2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
May 10, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Oct 21, 2012
mightymuffin said:
I sent all my document at one. but I dont know if it correct. :D
hi mightymuffin,
you mean you also enclosed in one package??
i sent two packages one for sponsor and second for sponsored person. but i enclosed all supporting docs in sponsored persons package. im worried if they will open that package or not before they approve sponsor person??? :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
mightymuffin said:
Oh where your hubby from? I got my visa last year mainly for the summer vacation, have proof that i will be returning for university after the trip, so it quite a solid evidence that i was to return. Now that i graduate, i think it would be hard for me. but i cant extend my visitor visa in Canada on the basis that i will be waiting for the PR?
Thanks for the web site and advice on the insurance, i will check it out.
he's Syrian...yeah going back to school is very strong proof, now that u graduate u can't use that anymore....but congrats on ur graduation ;) i think once u r in Canada u could use these basis (waiting for PR) but not sure how, etc...there are people who extended their stay from within Canada, check the threads with them to see what exactly they did...the thing is, if u r in Canada with visitor visa and then u'll go to Singapore for an interview (hope not!) or anything else u will have to apply for visitor visa again from outside Canada....and that would b harder to get (unless u have multiple entry visit-visa, but that's even more rare)...anyway, for sure give it a try, just be aware and do ur best to make ur case strong!!

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
ashunandal said:
hi all
welcome!!! we have 3 big groups: one for sponsor, one for applicant and one for relationship supporting documents, all will b sent in one package; i think it does not matter what u include where, they should be able to find it, the most important is that u included it :) but u did sent all together right?

mightymuffin

Jan 19, 2012
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6-01-2012
missmini said:
he's Syrian...yeah going back to school is very strong proof, now that u graduate u can't use that anymore....but congrats on ur graduation ;) i think once u r in Canada u could use these basis (waiting for PR) but not sure how, etc...there are people who extended their stay from within Canada, check the threads with them to see what exactly they did...the thing is, if u r in Canada with visitor visa and then u'll go to Singapore for an interview (hope not!) or anything else u will have to apply for visitor visa again from outside Canada....and that would b harder to get (unless u have multiple entry visit-visa, but that's even more rare)...anyway, for sure give it a try, just be aware and do ur best to make ur case strong!!
Thank you, I currently holding 1 year multiple entry visit visa. I am kind of worried about extending it when i was in Canada. I will check out those threads.

Hopefully i don't have to return to Singapore for interview, the flight is so long. :mad: .

mightymuffin

Jan 19, 2012
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6-01-2012
ashunandal said:
hi mightymuffin,
you mean you also enclosed in one package??
i sent two packages one for sponsor and second for sponsored person. but i enclosed all supporting docs in sponsored persons package. im worried if they will open that package or not before they approve sponsor person??? :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
I sent all in one package but have divider between sponsor and sponsored person. I think i also have all the support docs in 2nd part, hopefully like Missmini said they will check all the documents.