19-JAN-2012
AOR Received.
05-APR-12
File Transfer...
05-APR-12 (In Process 05-MAY)
Med's Done....
05-DEC-2012
Aleli_FAITH said:
Mountain_pirate, i appreciate your response.
sigh*
Anyone, do you have contacts# to CIC-M? cz i just called CS and they've been telling me that my apps is not on their system yet and to call back in 3 months? To sum it up it would be like 6 months bfre they open my app? :mad: :(
Unluckily, i did not rcvd any confrmation if my file is wth them. nothing... where would it be, where? sigh again!!!
They said the same thing to me and to most of the people here. Seems like a standard response. But I wouldn't worry. Hang in there. It's just that CIC had some issues with their computer system and their records are not up to date, and the fact that they're criminally incompetent. You should get something in a week or two.

avocadosandcheese

Star Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Ottawa/LA???
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan-05-2012
AOR Received.
Never.
File Transfer...
March-28-2012...supposedly
Med's Done....
August-15-2011
Passport Req..
June-27-2012
VISA ISSUED...
July-5-2012
LANDED..........
July-25-2012
fadil80 said:
Dear All,

Good news !! ;D

We just received an email from CIC-M. (03-April-2012) Our application for sponsorship has been approved and the Application has been forwarded to visa office (New Delhi) for further processing. :D :D

I wish all my batchmates (January 2012 Applicants) to hear good news soon.

We are going to celebrate this moment.
congrats!!

Aleli_FAITH

Apr 3, 2012
:p :p :p :p
hahahahaha. mountain_pirate!!!
oh well, il try not to worry of things that i dnt have control over.( if only i can....its saddening.....)
its just that the police certfcte i sent is already expired??? what to do???( it took me 3 months to get that doc thou)

avocadosandcheese

Star Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Ottawa/LA???
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan-05-2012
AOR Received.
Never.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
August-15-2011
Passport Req..
June-27-2012
VISA ISSUED...
July-5-2012
LANDED..........
July-25-2012
Gemini1 said:
Well we aren't going to drive all the way to Vienna just to give in a passport. From what I read on Vienna thread, everyone has gone and given the passport and gotten visa that day. I will check though and let you know. This means our whole process was under 3 months. Pretty good for a 9 month prediceted time. Chin up everyone with long waiting times...it could be faster :)
how great!!!! very happy for you!!

avocadosandcheese

Star Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Ottawa/LA???
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan-05-2012
AOR Received.
Never.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
August-15-2011
Passport Req..
June-27-2012
VISA ISSUED...
July-5-2012
LANDED..........
July-25-2012
Aleli_FAITH said:
oh well, il try not to worry of things that i dnt have control over.( if only i can....its saddening.....)
its just that the police certfcte i sent is already expired??? what to do???( it took me 3 months to get that doc thou)
if it was valid when you submitted your application, it should be okay. If not, they will let you know that you need to re-do it. On the website, it says it needs to be valid 3 months before the date you submitted app.

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
Mississauga: May 10, Mexico: June 4
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
Aleli_FAITH said:
As long as it wasn't expired when they received it I don't think you need to worry. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Deficient

Feb 22, 2012
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27/02/2012
Doc's Request.
11/07/2012 [CSQ]
File Transfer...
08/06/2012
Med's Request
Signature has med furtherance details
Med's Done....
10/02/2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
01/11/2012
Dr Eng X said:
Oh Canadiangirl why donot you tell her
canadiangirl78 said:
Hmm. Conflicting info.

Not sure what you guys are driving at here. I have a letter here postmarked from the London visa office asking me for more medical information, and the letter itself appears to have originated in the 'Health Management Branch' in the High Commission in Nairobi. That's what I'm working with. Nobody seems to know anything about this part of the process because most people don't have any problems with their medicals. I am fumbling in the dark here.

I feel like I read/heard somewhere previously (maybe my DMP?) that the medicals go through Ottawa before going to your local visa office, but I wasn't aware that they did any processing there. I guess it sounds like they do. Maybe it's preliminary processing? Or maybe the location of medical processing varies for different people's applications? I don't know, I only know what I have in front of me.

(sorry if I sound stroppy - I just read that back and I sound like I'm giving you guys a hard time, didn't mean it like that...)

Aleli_FAITH

Apr 3, 2012
Avocado..... canadiangrl many thnks! :)
yah, it was still valid when i submttd my applction on jan 18, 2012. and it was expired as of march 2012.
and still no confrmtion if they rcvd my app.

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
Mississauga: May 10, Mexico: June 4
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
Deficient said:
Not sure what you guys are driving at here. I have a letter here postmarked from the London visa office asking me for more medical information, and the letter itself appears to have originated in the 'Health Management Branch' in the High Commission in Nairobi. That's what I'm working with. Nobody seems to know anything about this part of the process because most people don't have any problems with their medicals. I am fumbling in the dark here.

I feel like I read/heard somewhere previously (maybe my DMP?) that the medicals go through Ottawa before going to your local visa office, but I wasn't aware that they did any processing there. I guess it sounds like they do. Maybe it's preliminary processing? Or maybe the location of medical processing varies for different people's applications? I don't know, I only know what I have in front of me.

(sorry if I sound stroppy - I just read that back and I sound like I'm giving you guys a hard time, didn't mean it like that...)
I was confused because I thought medicals were processed in Ottawa. But it makes sense that they'd forward it to the visa office.

amira_mais

Aug 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fadil80 said:
Dear All,

Good news !! ;D

We just received an email from CIC-M. (03-April-2012) Our application for sponsorship has been approved and the Application has been forwarded to visa office (New Delhi) for further processing. :D :D

I wish all my batchmates (January 2012 Applicants) to hear good news soon.

We are going to celebrate this moment.
Good for you! I remember you were worried about the PPR; hope you've figured out how to manage that too.

amira_mais

Aug 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mountain_pirate said:
Compared to Jan 2011 spreadsheet, 2012 is out of whack. Fine, so the spring break theory doesn't hold water. Do you have any other theories? Coz I need one to keep going on :D

Seeing Jan 18 applicants receive their approval makes me hope I might hear something this week. That'd give me the strength take a long drive to Chicago for the Easter weekend.

Congratulations to all who are getting good news.
Some good news should be coming your way in the next few days ... another member from Jan 19 got his sponsorship approval today. Hope it's a good omen for you... :)

mountain_pirate

Star Member
Feb 23, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-JAN-2012
AOR Received.
05-APR-12
File Transfer...
05-APR-12 (In Process 05-MAY)
Med's Done....
05-DEC-2012
amira_mais said:
Some good news should be coming your way in the next few days ... another member from Jan 19 got his sponsorship approval today. Hope it's a good omen for you... :)
Bless your typing fingers :D I certainly hope to hear some good news. Good luck to you as well. You aren't too far behind.

amira_mais

Aug 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mountain_pirate said:
It seems like there were total of 56K applicants in all of FAM category last here (38K for spousal) which is actually down from 60K of last year.

Here is a link that gives stat for last 5 years. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/statistics/facts2011-preliminary/01.asp
These stats show the numbers of visas issued (i.e. approvals). The number of applications received would be higher if you add in refusals.

edit to add: I believe the spousal visa allocation for 2012 has been decreased but can't put my finger on the reference right now. Looks like the govt is putting more emphasis on economic class applicants moving forward.

rv_maria

Star Member
Mar 24, 2012
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 19, 2012
AOR Received.
Apr 03, 2012
File Transfer...
Apr 10, 2012
Med's Done....
Dec 16, 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Apr 23, 2012. Received by ND Apr 24, 2012. No Travel History. In Process- May 21, 2012.
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made - Jun 06, 2012. Passport received - Jun 10, 2012
LANDED..........
19-06-2012
Hi ,,

I just received a mail from CIC-M, stated that they received my file on 19/01/2012 and also got my UCI number but still waiting for AOR :(

Does anyone have idea when will i get AOR or sponsor approval mail from them ?

thanks

alf+jlh

Aug 28, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 6, 2012
AOR Received.
CIC-M:Feb 21, 2012
File Transfer...
Mar 21, 2012
Med's Done....
Dec 16, 2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
June 14, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
July 13, 2012
LANDED..........
July 26, 2012
rv_maria said:
Hi ,,

I just received a mail from CIC-M, stated that they received my file on 19/01/2012 and also got my UCI number but still waiting for AOR :(

Does anyone have idea when will i get AOR or sponsor approval mail from them ?

thanks

Congratulations...that is acknowledgement of receipt! AOR!

Hopefully approval will come soon