Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ocanadaguy said:
Congrats to those who have gotten approvals :) I am very very happy for you and to see some movement in our thread... This morning I emailed my local Member of Parliament to call CIC-M and see what is going on and get them to look HARDER for my Application... Maybe there is something terribly wrong with what their computer shows.. but they should mention it on their website if that is the case.. stop people from worrying so much.. I'm January 13... I hope that the email I receive shows my App is over in Vienna... and yes... 3 weeks now it's been January 25th processing... OMG! Did a dump truck drop off applications that day or what?
I really hope you will be able to get to the bottom of this. For your sake and others please please guys we really need to stick together. Even those who are already approved or in a different stage it really helps to voice your opinions. If we do not question our institution then we deserve all what happens to us.

eludor

Star Member
Feb 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-01-2012
Doc's Request.
06-12-2013
AOR Received.
17-05-2012
File Transfer...
17-05-2012
Med's Done....
22-01-2012
Interview........
I guess interview NOT required
Passport Req..
NOT yet
VISA ISSUED...
NOT yet
LANDED..........
Already in Canada with TRV
Hello Guyz..

I applied on January 31, 2012 as a sponsor. Haven't got anything yet. Any ideas... when my game will start ?

ashunandal

Champion Member
Jun 23, 2011
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 26, 2012
File Transfer...
May 1, 2012
Interview........
July 31, 2012 (approved) went "in process" same day
Passport Req..
May 10, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Visa stamped on August 3, 2012 and passport received back on August 13, 2012
LANDED..........
Oct 21, 2012
eludor said:
Hello Guyz..

I applied on January 31, 2012 as a sponsor. Haven't got anything yet. Any ideas... when my game will start ?
hahahahhahahaaa......are you making fun of those who applied in first half of january and still waiting .....
i think you should enjoy CIC's policy "" apply and forget"" they will contact you after few months or maybe few years
best of luck

iacrossnation

Star Member
Mar 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan. 18, 2012
AOR Received.
Apr. 4, 2012
File Transfer...
Apr. 4, 2012
Med's Done....
Dec. 10, 2011
Hi All, GOOD NEWS. Just got email from CIC-M and notified me our application has passed requirements to be an elighible sponsor.
They received on Jan. 18, 2011.
Hope the second half of Jan. friends here got email or snail mail today or tomorrow.
THANKS for all your supports as well.

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
iacrossnation said:
Hi All, GOOD NEWS. Just got email from CIC-M and notified me our application has passed requirements to be an elighible sponsor.
Hope the second half of Jan. friends here got email or snail mail today or tomorrow.
Congratulations do not forget about us

eludor

Star Member
Feb 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-01-2012
Doc's Request.
06-12-2013
AOR Received.
17-05-2012
File Transfer...
17-05-2012
Med's Done....
22-01-2012
Interview........
I guess interview NOT required
Passport Req..
NOT yet
VISA ISSUED...
NOT yet
LANDED..........
Already in Canada with TRV
ashunandal said:
hahahahhahahaaa......are you making fun of those who applied in first half of january and still waiting .....
i think you should enjoy CIC's policy "" apply and forget"" they will contact you after few months or maybe few years
best of luck
Thanks for ur reply....

iacrossnation

Star Member
Mar 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan. 18, 2012
AOR Received.
Apr. 4, 2012
File Transfer...
Apr. 4, 2012
Med's Done....
Dec. 10, 2011
Dr Eng X said:
Congratulations do not forget about us
Sure, All FEB and beyond, hope they can go back to normal pace (less than 30 days)

Another thought, as some of you talked about receiving mails from Ottawa. My email sender's name is called "Ottawa Pilot Immigration". So I think CIC is doing some pilot or computer system upgrade, that's why the website dates showed wrong and so many of us application processing got delay. So hang in there for a few days... Look forward to hearing your good news here.

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
Mississauga: May 10, Mexico: June 4
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
Someone in another thread said that they are having problems because of the new forms and new software. But haven't the new forms been accepted for awhile - the ones with the barcodes?

Has anyone asked when they call? Just asked them straight up what is going on with the standstill and are they having problems with their computers or starting something new?

mountain_pirate

Star Member
Feb 23, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-JAN-2012
AOR Received.
05-APR-12
File Transfer...
05-APR-12 (In Process 05-MAY)
Med's Done....
05-DEC-2012
iacrossnation said:
Congratulations!!! Hopefully the next stage will be quicker. Mine was received on Jan 19th, so hoping I'll hear something soon.

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canadiangirl78 said:
Someone in another thread said that they are having problems because of the new forms and new software. But haven't the new forms been accepted for awhile - the ones with the barcodes?

Has anyone asked when they call? Just asked them straight up what is going on with the standstill and are they having problems with their computers or starting something new?
I initially thought this should speed up the process with less work! more tailored applications without unnecessary pages...etc

ocanadaguy

Star Member
Jan 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-1-2012
AOR Received.
07-09-2012
Med's Done....
31-10-2011
iacrossnation said:
Sure, All FEB and beyond, hope they can go back to normal pace (less than 30 days)

Another thought, as some of you talked about receiving mails from Ottawa. My email sender's name is called "Ottawa Pilot Immigration". So I think CIC is doing some pilot or computer system upgrade, that's why the website dates showed wrong and so many of us application processing got delay. So hang in there for a few days... Look forward to hearing your good news here.
I found this when i read your posting.. not sure if this is what you're referring to.. but in one part it says "will not communicate with the Client or Sponsor to avoid confusion"????? that makes me more confused... but who knows. maybe I'm interpreting it wrong? either way. I know something now that I didn't before
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2011/ob305.asp

iacrossnation

Star Member
Mar 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan. 18, 2012
AOR Received.
Apr. 4, 2012
File Transfer...
Apr. 4, 2012
Med's Done....
Dec. 10, 2011
ocanadaguy said:
I found this when i read your posting.. not sure if this is what you're referring to.. but in one part it says "will not communicate with the Client or Sponsor to avoid confusion"????? that makes me more confused... but who knows. maybe I'm interpreting it wrong? either way. I know something now that I didn't before
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2011/ob305.asp
I am confused too after I read the link you posted. But anyway, I am sure they opened our application envelop physically as we submitted the electronical application to generate bar code in early Dec. 2011, and submitted the whole applicatoin package in the middle of Jan. 2012.

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
iacrossnation said:
I am confused too after I read the link you posted. But anyway, I am sure they opened our application envelop physically as we submitted the electronical application to generate bar code in early Dec. 2011, and submitted the whole applicatoin package in the middle of Jan. 2012.
Sorry how can you submit the application electronically!

ocanadaguy

Star Member
Jan 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-1-2012
AOR Received.
07-09-2012
Med's Done....
31-10-2011
He probably means doing it the way that generates the bar codes.. supposedly, they just scan those codes and a majority of the Info gets entered into their computer, eliminating errors and saving time... I did ours the old fashioned way.. There were things to write on separate sheets of paper as I did not have enough room.. To avoid confusion I printed it all out by hand.. I've heard Income Tax can be sent electronically these days.. Perhaps some day the same will occur for Applications, however there will always be a need for physical papers, stamps, proof, so it can never be entirely that way. Who knows.. this sure is a surprise to wait so long especially since the website shows I should know something. Looking forward to more approvals when I check out this site tomorrow :) Off to work I go. Good Luck Friends.

iacrossnation

Star Member
Mar 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan. 18, 2012
AOR Received.
Apr. 4, 2012
File Transfer...
Apr. 4, 2012
Med's Done....
Dec. 10, 2011
Dr Eng X said:
Sorry how can you submit the application electronically!
Yeah, ocanadaguy is right. We clicked "validate" button to submit and got a few bar codes and printed them out, put them in the whole package and mail it to CIC-M.