+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is Police clearance receipt accepted by CIC

kkpar

Apr 23, 2015
Hi all,

I'm currently in Canada. I have police clearance from India but it was issued in October 2014. I received ITA on 28th march. I have to submit my application. I got my Canadian PCC issued on 2nd April 2015. Should I get a new Indian PCC. Also, can I apply for Indian PCC now, send the receipt with the October Indian PCC? I believe Indian PCC is valid for 1 year.

purplesnow

Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
you need a new Indian one. CIC requires police certs to be within 3 months of issue date when you submit them.

kkpar

Apr 23, 2015
Thanks purplesnow. My question is can I attach receipt of PCC on my ITA application? It will take minimum 30 days and my time for submitting the application will expire

EmmEmm

Mar 27, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
28-04-2015
Passport Req..
25-09-2015
you should submit the old PCC along with the proof that you have applied for a new PCC

HTH

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Beautiful British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm currently in Canada. I have police clearance from India but it was issued in October 2014
When did you come to Canada? If you got your clerance letter in Oct 2014 and you have been in Canada since Nov 2014 then your old letter could work.

kkpar

Apr 23, 2015
EmmEmm said:
you should submit the old PCC along with the proof that you have applied for a new PCC

HTH
Thanks EmmEmm. That helps. But will it be accepted by CIC?

kkpar

Apr 23, 2015
Regina said:
When did you come to Canada? If you got your clerance letter in Oct 2014 and you have been in Canada since Nov 2014 then your old letter could work.
I have been in Canada since Aug 2013

Regards

EmmEmm

Mar 27, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
28-04-2015
Passport Req..
25-09-2015
kkpar said:
Thanks EmmEmm. That helps. But will it be accepted by CIC?
CIC actually knows that FBI PCC takes long time. So if you submit all the valid and necessary documentation to show that you have applied for one, then you should be good.

cheman

Sep 15, 2013
I'm in the same situation. One of my PC's was issued in Jan'15 and it crossed the 3 month mark early this week. I have applied for a new one and submitting the receipt and a letter of explanation with the old one.

Apparently the old PCC is good for 1year if you have not revisited the country after the PC was issued. But I could be wrong.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

cheman said:
I'm in the same situation. One of my PC's was issued in Jan'15 and it crossed the 3 month mark early this week. I have applied for a new one and submitting the receipt and a letter of explanation with the old one.

Apparently the old PCC is good for 1year if you have not revisited the country after the PC was issued. But I could be wrong.
1. Your wrong, CIC wants to see a PCC that was issued less than 3 months prior to the receipt of the application. They aren't interested in explanations that you haven't returned to that country.

EmmEmm

Mar 27, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
28-04-2015
Passport Req..
25-09-2015
PMM said:
Hi

1. Your wrong, CIC wants to see a PCC that was issued less than 3 months prior to the receipt of the application. They aren't interested in explanations that you haven't returned to that country.

your first statement is also not completely correct. CIC "needs" a PCC from any country where you have lived for 6 months or more after you attained 18 years of age. Under the new EE system you get only 60 days to submit your application and in some countries like USA, the FBI PCC doesnt come anytime before 3 months.

A letter of explanation and proof of application is a valid justification for the fact that you have applied for a PCC

dublinfunk

Star Member
Apr 11, 2015
is a police clearance required even if you just visited the country? I visited my uncle in Canada after graduation just before getting employed and stayed there for 7 months. However, it was just purely tourist and sightseeing.

EmmEmm

Mar 27, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
28-04-2015
Passport Req..
25-09-2015
dublinfunk said:
is a police clearance required even if you just visited the country? I visited my uncle in Canada after graduation just before getting employed and stayed there for 7 months. However, it was just purely tourist and sightseeing.
yes sir, anytime you stay for a period of 6 months or more, anywhere..