+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

is my agent telling the truth?

Thorxena

Feb 16, 2016
Hi One_Topsy, i appreciate the encouragement, but I am still skeptical for the simple reason that the provincial invite is not very transparent - they definitely do not invite each person who is between 400-457 (or whatever the last EE cutoff happened to be); they base the decision on factors best known only to them. probably they study the NOC's under which people are applying against the job openings they have in Ontario. anyway, since i have no way of knowing HOW the decision is being made, i would rather use the next one-two years to bump up my CRS points, because if i don't do anything, I'm only losing points with time....

if i do go for a one year mba degree, and get a one year job based on the pgwp, i do get more points than i would lose

if i can somehow ace french, i can pick up 12 points right away but i have no idea if thats doable in the next 6-9 months..

One_Topsy

Champion Member
Sep 12, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
30-11-2015
Looks like he's maxed out on points except if he retakes IELTS, does TEF or can get a higher degree. All of which would be really stressful considering he has gotten CLB 9 already.
There are other provinces you can reserch their PNPs

Thorxena

Feb 16, 2016
ntwkengg said:
but ddepends on his/her noc code to get Pt notification.

so try creating a profile and wait for couple of days for OOPNP message.
YESSS! i can bet on it it my NOC isn't in high demand right now...just call it a gut feeling 8)

nothing about it on the employment reports either

One_Topsy

Champion Member
Sep 12, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
30-11-2015
Thorxena said:
Hi One_Topsy, i appreciate the encouragement, but I am still skeptical for the simple reason that the provincial invite is not very transparent - they definitely do not invite each person who is between 400-457 (or whatever the last EE cutoff happened to be); they base the decision on factors best known only to them. probably they study the NOC's under which people are applying against the job openings they have in Ontario. anyway, since i have no way of knowing HOW the decision is being made, i would rather use the next one-two years to bump up my CRS points, because if i don't do anything, I'm only losing points with time....

if i do go for a one year mba degree, and get a one year job based on the pgwp, i do get more points than i would lose

if i can somehow ace french, i can pick up 12 points right away but i have no idea if thats doable in the next 6-9 months..
There was a guy here yesterday as well with similar question/agent. Created a profile for himself and got Ontario PT within 24 hrs. (while his job bank was still pending, tho he had linked it to EE profile).

You can only know if you try, and it doesn't cost you $ like the consultant. I think almost everyone above 400 gets the PT. Ontario themselves released some info asking applicants above 400 to recreate their profile to get the PT.

Thorxena

Feb 16, 2016
One_Topsy said:
Looks like he's maxed out on points except if he retakes IELTS, does TEF or can get a higher degree. All of which would be really stressful considering he has gotten CLB 9 already.
There are other provinces you can reserch their PNPs
hi, my IELTS score was 8.5, 8.5, 9.0 and 9.0.

why would u suggest i re-take it????? :eek: :eek: :eek:

Thorxena

Feb 16, 2016
One_Topsy said:
There was a guy here yesterday as well with similar question/agent. Created a profile for himself and got Ontario PT within 24 hrs. (while his job bank was still pending, tho he had linked it to EE profile).

You can only know if you try, and it doesn't cost you $ like the consultant. I think almost everyone above 400 gets the PT. Ontario themselves released some info asking applicants above 400 to recreate their profile to get the PT.
wow. that's awesome!!!! you rock! thanks buddy, will do asap!

One_Topsy

Champion Member
Sep 12, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
30-11-2015
Thorxena said:

9,9,9,9 might give 2 or 3 more points :)
You were asking how to increase and I was calculating, but like I said, might not be worth it

ntwkengg

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thorxena said:

this is clb 10 so no more points.

just try to create your profile and wait for a day to for oopnp PT message.

Thorxena

Feb 16, 2016
One_Topsy said:
9,9,9,9 might give 2 or 3 more points :)
You were asking how to increase and I was calculating, but like I said, might not be worth it
thanks...posting this for reference

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/language/charts.asp
International English Language Testing System (IELTS) General Training – Test score equivalency chart
CLB Level Reading Writing Listening Speaking
10 8.0 7.5 8.5 7.5
9 7.0 7.0 8.0 7.0
8 6.5 6.5 7.5 6.5
7 6.0 6.0 6.0 6.0
6 5.0 5.5 5.5 5.5
5 4.0 5.0 5.0 5.0
4 3.5 4.0 4.5 4.0

ntwkengg

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thorxena said:
YESSS! i can bet on it it my NOC isn't in high demand right now...just call it a gut feeling 8)

nothing about it on the employment reports either
there is nothing like that it depends on them which noc to choose and which not.

Thorxena

Feb 16, 2016
ntwkengg said:
this is clb 10 so no more points.

just try to create your profile and wait for a day to for oopnp PT message.
on it as we speak!!!! will do this even if i have to stay up all night to get lucky! ;D

Thorxena

Feb 16, 2016
upon closer evaluation of my wes equivalency, it appears as if they have given the summary of my degrees as : 3 years bachelors. i have posted about this in another thread, for further clarification, but if i just select the 3 years bachelors degree option, then my points are down to 414. waiting for feedback on whether i should select this option or the 2 or more credentials of which one is a three year degree option.

thank you everyone for your help.

alex_dinou

Oct 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As someone who received an invite from Ontario and with full awareness of their job demands, I can tell you that their invites and NOC are completely unrelated.

With 414 points you should still be able to secure a PN.

Thorxena

Feb 16, 2016
alex_dinou said:
As someone who received an invite from Ontario and with full awareness of their job demands, I can tell you that their invites and NOC are completely unrelated.

With 414 points you should still be able to secure a PN.
thanks Alex! how many CRS points did you have?

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
Thorxena said:
upon closer evaluation of my wes equivalency, it appears as if they have given the summary of my degrees as : 3 years bachelors. i have posted about this in another thread, for further clarification, but if i just select the 3 years bachelors degree option, then my points are down to 414. waiting for feedback on whether i should select this option or the 2 or more credentials of which one is a three year degree option.

thank you everyone for your help.
You can select '2 or more credentials of which one is a three year degree option'.