Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Awaiting
AOR Received.
15-12-2015
IELTS Request
27-06-2015
alex_dinou said:
Thorxena, first of all your agent is full of **** about batch uploads and you should call him out on that. Does it specifically say anywhere in the contract that he is not obliged to give you access to your profile? If not, he must allow you to verify the accuracy of the submitted information. If he refuses, that alone, in my opinion is enough for you to terminate the contract.
What i know about these consultants is that they generally have this clause that says they are not oblige to share the profile login details to the applicant, and they will manage the profile/file on the applicant's behalf.

ntwkengg

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CanadaWeCome said:
I think he is on 447 and not 477.

But yes, i i were you i would cut my losses and terminate the contract.

Conveying false information as crap as 'batch uploads' for CIC is proof enough...me thinks.
when i started my Pr journey in 2014 Oct. I was about to do same mistake by giving my PR file submission to an agent. i visited 2 agents so called immigration lawyers for my pr.

they were ok ok. but when comes to file they told me first you need to give 30 percent payment to start work on your file. and then they will take care of everything and you cannot access your profile and all that non sense.

so at the very moment i decided to do it my own. as they say something else and once they get the money they behave very differently..... and even for a small doubt they will take 2-3 business days to reply you.

shashidhar_sm

May 21, 2015
NOC Code......
LANDED..........
07-07-2017
CanadaWeCome said:
What i know about these consultants is that they generally have this clause that says they are not oblige to share the profile login details to the applicant, and they will manage the profile/file on the applicant's behalf.
Ask for screenshots of your profile, check if the applications have been filled in correctly. And in case your profile has been online for a while now, you should've received a PT Notification of Interest from Ontario - ask him for a screenshot of that as well.

I agree with alex_dinou and CanadaWeCome - your agent is lying. The "batch upload" bit is weird if nothing.

Thorxena

Feb 16, 2016
Agreed with all the great responses from Alex, Ntwkengg and Shashidhar!

I will insist on screenshots tomorrow, see how it goes, and possibly terminate the contract - the termination clause in the contract is horrific and needs me to cough up more money - i'd rather just let the contract lie untouched because I'm 100% sure that i won't be getting an ITA with 447 points.

but that brings me to an ethical (and possibly legal) dilemma - if i do create another express entry profile myself, without cancelling my contract with the agent, am i possibly taking up someone else's slot in a provincial draw? (The agent is not applying specifically for any provincial nomination; he has assured me i will be picked up based on my CRS points)

Plus, can anyone weigh in on whether it would be legal to not cancel the contract with the agent while creating an independent EE profile for provincial nomination? I believe that I will have to pay nomination fees of CAD 150 (??) for provincial nomination, so i don't think I'm breaking any law, as my agent has not asked me for this fee for provincial nomination.

ntwkengg

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thorxena said:
Agreed with all the great responses from Alex, Ntwkengg and Shashidhar!

I will insist on screenshots tomorrow, see how it goes, and possibly terminate the contract - the termination clause in the contract is horrific and needs me to cough up more money - i'd rather just let the contract lie untouched because I'm 100% sure that i won't be getting an ITA with 447 points.

but that brings me to an ethical (and possibly legal) dilemma - if i do create another express entry profile myself, without cancelling my contract with the agent, am i possibly taking up someone else's slot in a provincial draw? (The agent is not applying specifically for any provincial nomination; he has assured me i will be picked up based on my CRS points)

Plus, can anyone weigh in on whether it would be legal to not cancel the contract with the agent while creating an independent EE profile for provincial nomination? I believe that I will have to pay nomination fees of CAD 150 (??) for provincial nomination, so i don't think I'm breaking any law, as my agent has not asked me for this fee for provincial nomination.

hi buddy,

just tell them that you are not interested in Express entry anymore as due to some family issues i have changed my decision to apply for PR. so kindly please withdraw my profile. Also ask them if you can return the money as i have some family issues which is more urgent so not going through PR anymore.

And you can create another profile there is nothing wrong in it.

And PNP is when they assess your application and approve it and the fees for OOPNP is $1500. so you are doing nothing wrong. go for it.

ntwkengg

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
remember there is always a workaround and excuse to defend yourself if you are right.

so just carve your way in the right direction by avoiding such hurdles.

Thorxena

Feb 16, 2016
Ntwkengg that will probably do the trick. let me begin my own profile now. you guys are really great!

I'm seriously thinking of applying for an mba in canada to boost my points, but thats a lot of $$$

ntwkengg

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thorxena said:
Ntwkengg that will probably do the trick. let me begin my own profile now. you guys are really great!

I'm seriously thinking of applying for an mba in canada to boost my points, but thats a lot of $$$
so can you share your points break-up from crs calculator cic website.

so we can take a look where you are lacking

also no need of mba if your noc code is good for ontario then they will send you PT notification for PNP.

Thorxena

Feb 16, 2016
here you go....
also, for clarification on my education equivalence:

i have a 3 years bba hons which wes has called a three year diploma, and then i have a one year mba which wes has called a three years bachelors degree. so i assume this means i have two post secondary diplomas, one of which was from a three year program. correct?

Your results
Core/Human factors

Age = 83
Level of education = 128
Official Languages = 136
First Official Language = 136
Second Official Language = 0
Canadian work experience = 0
Subtotal - Core/Human capital factors = 347

Spouse factors

Level of education = 0
First Official Languages = 0
Subtotal - Spouse factors = 0

Skill transferability factors

Education

A) Official Language proficiency and education = 50
B) Canadian work experience and education = 0
Subtotal = 50

Foreign work experience

A) Official Language proficiency and foreign work experience = 50
B) Canadian and foreign work experience B) = 0
Subtotal = 50

Certificate of qualification = 0

Subtotal Skill transferability factors = 100

Comprehensive Ranking System formula

Subtotal Core/Human capital + Spouse factors + Skill transferability = 447

Additional points = 0

Grand total = 447

Thorxena

Feb 16, 2016
i have a feeling someone will advise me to learn french (easier said than done), get married , or get a canadian degree. 8)

ntwkengg

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thorxena said:
here you go....
also, for clarification on my education equivalence:

i have a 3 years bba hons which wes has called a three year diploma, and then i have a one year mba which wes has called a three years bachelors degree. so i assume this means i have two post secondary diplomas, one of which was from a three year program. correct?

Your results
Core/Human factors

Age = 83
Level of education = 128
Official Languages = 136
First Official Language = 136
Second Official Language = 0
Subtotal - Core/Human capital factors = 347

Spouse factors

Level of education = 0
First Official Languages = 0
Subtotal - Spouse factors = 0

Skill transferability factors

Education

A) Official Language proficiency and education = 50
B) Canadian work experience and education = 0
Subtotal = 50

Foreign work experience

A) Official Language proficiency and foreign work experience = 50
B) Canadian and foreign work experience B) = 0
Subtotal = 50

Certificate of qualification = 0

Subtotal Skill transferability factors = 100

Comprehensive Ranking System formula

Subtotal Core/Human capital + Spouse factors + Skill transferability = 447

Additional points = 0

Grand total = 447
so you are loosing points for age.....
and are your selecting two or more degree option?

One_Topsy

Champion Member
Sep 12, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
30-11-2015
Thorxena said:
spot on! (and yes, i selected two degrees option )
With 447 you should get OINP invite

ntwkengg

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
One_Topsy said:
With 447 you should get OINP invite
but ddepends on his/her noc code to get Pt notification.

so try creating a profile and wait for couple of days for OOPNP message.