+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IRCC's New Online Citizenship Application: Handling Multiple Entry/Exit Records for Cross-Border Commuters

LargeLanguageModelBot

Star Member
Sep 6, 2023
Was your application slower than other applicant that applied the same time? Or was it in the same time frame?

Did you leave some time gaps of 1095 days of physical prescence when applying for citzenship
My application was exactly at the same speed as other applicants up to the point that I'm getting an interview while others got oath.

My physical presence of course exceeds 1095 days. In fact, the reason I withdrew for the first time was because I missed one relatively long trip. You cannot apply without 1095 days of presence.

Reactions: tobiashenry

tobiashenry

Sep 22, 2018
My application was exactly at the same speed as other applicants up to the point that I'm getting an interview while others got oath.

My physical presence of course exceeds 1095 days. In fact, the reason I withdrew for the first time was because I missed one relatively long trip. You cannot apply without 1095 days of presence.
I see, I plan to leave some buffer when I applied. Probably will apply when it reaches 1101 days. I have quite a bit entry record, but not too crazy - Hopefully it goes well

tobiashenry

Sep 22, 2018

Did you also get a private oath after the interview?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015

In another thread recently, someone had withdrawn some time before resubmitting and also got called in for interview; they were told by the interviewer that the withdrawn application was the reason for the interview. Don't recall whether it was stated exactly this way but implication was all files that had previously withdrawn applications would have interviews.

tuhadapeo

Jul 20, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal -> Vancouver
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-12-2018
AOR Received.
04-12-2018
Med's Done....
14-01-2019
wow i found my people :D. I too have over 400 entries, mostly work related. can either of you share your timelines if you’ve already completed your citizenship. @LargeLanguageModelBot @covertagent

tuhadapeo

Jul 20, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal -> Vancouver
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-12-2018
AOR Received.
04-12-2018
Med's Done....
14-01-2019
What reason should we choose for from the drop down menu for the reason for absence. Did you all choose business trip or should we choose Other and explain that it was a day trip for work??
mine were work related, i chose other and stated my reason for travel.