+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IRCC Portal. URGENT!

QQvisa

Nov 11, 2022
Hi there. I got an email from IRCC stating that my PR application has been approved. I have submitted the required documents to IRCC portal, now it is under review. After my submission, I went to Japan to attend a wedding. It's been a month since the submission, but it's under review. My original plan was to mail the PR card to my address in Japan. Since the eCopr has not been issued, does that mean my PR status isn't confirmed and I can re-enter Canada using my work permit?

Thanks in advance!

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi there. I got an email from IRCC stating that my PR application has been approved. I have submitted the required documents to IRCC portal, now it is under review. After my submission, I went to Japan to attend a wedding. It's been a month since the submission, but it's under review. My original plan was to mail the PR card to my address in Japan. Since the eCopr has not been issued, does that mean my PR status isn't confirmed and I can re-enter Canada using my work permit?

Thanks in advance!
If you have not received the ecopr or confirmation that you are a PR, then you are not a PR.

You should be able to return on your other docs, but I do not know about specifics of your work permit, etc.

Reactions: QQvisa

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Thanks in advance!
It's not only re-entering Canada (CBSA inspection, where a valid work permit may work), but also boarding a plane. You would need an eTA, unless you hold a valid U.S. passport, which could take minutes, to days to receive.

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1287&top=22

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
You would need an eTA, unless you hold a valid U.S. passport, which could take minutes, to days to receive.
It's a good point but had rather assumed that the OP had either a valid visa or ETA, and as long as that hasn't expired, should be okay. But good reminder to check.

Mirna ch.

Aug 18, 2021
Hi I am a protected person in canada and upon applying to my travel document my notice of decision was rejected because my name is not written on the first page but my date of birth and uci but its written on the other pages what shall i do now to get a corrected form of my decision?